Airline Mogul Forum

A route question from a new guy

Dan380

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: April 05, 2008, 05:51:32 pm
On another site (which I have quit in favour of this) I had a hub at Oslo, my small aircraft could not reach the UK from Oslo and remian in profit. So I started a frequent service to Stavanger on Norway's west coast. From here I opened up several routes to places in the UK and north-west europe. The routes were profitable, however the Oslo - Stavanger route was unnafected by this and so effectvley I was only serving Stavanger, despite wanting to serve Oslo with connecting flights.
I wanted to use a similar system on here but was wondering whether the code on this site would allow it to work?

Thanks,

Dan Irvine.
img]http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/6036/scandinaviair2smallsy1.jpg[/img]

MrOrange

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: April 05, 2008, 05:54:38 pm
It would be allowed if you were to create a hub in Stavanger. If you want to create flights, at least one of the two airports involved has to be one of your six maximum hubs.

Chavaquiah

• Airline Supervisor
  • E outra vez conquistaremos a Distância
    • View Profile
    • SkyPact-Concept Alliance
Reply #2 on: April 05, 2008, 05:59:06 pm
Quote from: "Dan380"
I started a frequent service to Stavanger on Norway's west coast. From here I opened up several routes to places in the UK and north-west europe. The routes were profitable, however the Oslo - Stavanger route was unnafected by this and so effectvley I was only serving Stavanger, despite wanting to serve Oslo with connecting flights.

It will work... to a degree.

If you make several connections from Stavanger then the traffic from those will have a positive effect on your Oslo - Stavanger route.

It will be noticeable, but small. Not enough, for instance, to justify having a high frequency service between those hubs.

MrOrange

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: April 05, 2008, 06:02:24 pm
I totally missed that part in the question :?

Add the two answers and you have the way to service Oslo and Stavanger :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk