Airline Mogul Forum

Newbie Question

Argonith

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: April 01, 2008, 05:11:52 pm
Hi Guys,

I'm new to this game, and I was wondering how to make money. I opened a shop in Xi'an, China selling cute pet piglets, but about two hours (two game days) in the game alerts me that locals have broken in because apparently pigs are a delicacy! I've had to re-build my store and re-bribe local government officials to re-brand as a butcher shop, but the hit to my reputation index seems to be irreparable, and I'm suffering sss shrinkage of about -6%. I want to open another shop in Beijing and play with the big boys, but I'm almost at negative cash and I've tried everything! Please help!
estView Oriental - 10923 - Regent Alliance [W3]

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: April 01, 2008, 05:26:12 pm
Offer cats, sqirrels, rats, rabbits, tiger paws, male deers' "reproductive organs", bear paws and monkey brains as well. Those should make you good money.
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

Argonith

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: April 02, 2008, 04:27:22 am
But in all seriousness - I was hoping someone could shed some light on these numbers:
 1- Cost of 'crew' in operational aircraft (how is it calculated [per flight, per day] and how much)
 2- Cost of fuel (same questions as crew)
 3- Cost of maintenance (related to age of aircraft?)

I know I could probably back it all out, but I was just wondering if anyone had done the work before or has some gross estimates.

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: April 02, 2008, 04:54:16 am
Quote from: "Argonith"
But in all seriousness - I was hoping someone could shed some light on these numbers:
 1- Cost of 'crew' in operational aircraft (how is it calculated [per flight, per day] and how much)
 2- Cost of fuel (same questions as crew)
 3- Cost of maintenance (related to age of aircraft?)

I know I could probably back it all out, but I was just wondering if anyone had done the work before or has some gross estimates.

1. Hourly wage
2. Hourly fuel consumption (as stated in the data of the planes)
^both hours are based on flight time / duration
3. I would let someone else answer this.... :roll:
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

Argonith

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: April 03, 2008, 08:13:17 am
Ah, thanks. They both seem abnormally low though, IMHO. I remember doing a study on airlines and realizing that at current oil prices, cost of fuel is 20-30% of revenue. Even on my competitive medium haul routes last round, I was still able to push it down to 5% or so.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk