Airline Mogul Forum

0.5 Routes

Wispa

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: March 29, 2008, 07:15:33 pm
Hi all

I'm new to the game and having unsuccesfully looked in the instructions i am hoping that somebody can answer a question about .5 routes. If i set up a plane to do a .5 route does it stay at the airport it was sent to or does it coe back as an emty flight?

Thanks

Chavaquiah

• Airline Supervisor
  • E outra vez conquistaremos a Distância
    • View Profile
    • SkyPact-Concept Alliance
Reply #1 on: March 29, 2008, 07:40:27 pm
It stays there the first day, does the return flight the next day.

This is why, under most :wink: circumstances, a plane can not have more than two "x.5" frequencies in its plan. It would have to make empty flights and these are not considered in AM.

yourefired

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: March 29, 2008, 07:49:48 pm
Or it goes there, turns around and goes someplace else, comes back the next day, and then does the return flight. I have A LOT of flights that are stopovers done in such a fashion.

Air Canada, LLC (Private W224)

Thanks_for_the_upgrade

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: March 29, 2008, 07:50:32 pm
The game figures it out for you.  If you have two .5's and 4 1x routes, then the way the game sees it is; the plane wakes up in the morning performs it's first .5x (destination to your hub) performs it's 4 round trips back and forth to your hub again, then at the end of the day flies it's last .5x run of the day.  The next day the routes reverse themselves.  Thankfully the game figures that out for us because with over 1200 planes I'd have given up a long time ago if I had to manually tell it which route to do when. :)

On the other hand you could have your plane fly strictly .5x routes if you so choose.  To do this though you would likely need a some alliance help.  We have a few players in our alliance doing Around the World routes on their Concordes.  You pick your starting point then fly .5x routes all the way around the world.
UnderwAir [6] - Est. 1969.   (hehe, 69)

Wispa

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: March 29, 2008, 10:02:26 pm
Thanks

I'll gove that a go as i've got several planes that could do a .5 route

:lol:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk