a1b23 · 120 · 24628

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #30 on: March 27, 2008, 03:41:33 pm
Quote from: "kentip"
I have got a few questions below:

1. How many players would be allowed in a world?

2. You have mentioned "longer" or "shorter" game. That means the end of the round for different worlds are not the same?

3. You also mentioned one airline per world. So what's the point about having multiworlds to solve the congest problem that we currently have?

4. If the tokens for different players are different, and maybe it's hard for the whole alliance to enter the same world. How could you solve that?

Sorry for having too much questions, but I would like to sort things up and ready the plan for my alliance next round.

1. Depends world's settings.

2. Game lengths are randomized, with private games, the length will be selected by the creator

3. With Multi-worlds in place, we have the capability to create more worlds and to limit the number of airlines per world. It is the per world limit that solve the congestion. When a world reach a certain percentage of the intended maximum airlines, a new world would be created, and by doing that divert new players to the newer world.

4. We don't have to solve that. As said, everyone will be able to be in a public world as any one time. That said, whether all the alliance members choose to be in the same world would be their own choice. One could even join different alliances in different worlds. As for how to deal with that issue, as in trade secrets, and to maximize alliance values in certain worlds, that is up to the alliances to decide their own strategies.
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

iranair777

• Brokers
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #31 on: March 27, 2008, 05:03:18 pm
I'm just hoping that the switchover to Multiworlds doesn't go like T5 has today :lol:

(But I want to give the people in the media a good slap with a very very big object on things they say about aviation!!  :x )

MUFC4evr

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #32 on: March 29, 2008, 08:38:09 am
so when is the end of this round
anchester Airways-Manchester's Airline

[/U

Jps

• Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #33 on: March 29, 2008, 08:40:50 am
Less than a week  :D

ID: 5000 ~ Flying Beyond The Stars

Fly Europa

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #34 on: March 30, 2008, 07:37:10 pm
would you be able to carry tokens forward for as long as you want. say over a period of 6 months to see if a new game is randomly generated that you may like.
Fly Europa The World is at your feet.

iranair777

• Brokers
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #35 on: March 30, 2008, 07:44:30 pm
Quote from: "Fly Europa"
would you be able to carry tokens forward for as long as you want. say over a period of 6 months to see if a new game is randomly generated that you may like.

I dont understand :?

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #36 on: March 30, 2008, 07:58:53 pm
Quote from: "iranair777"

I dont understand :?

I guess he means if the tokens would "expire" after a certain period.
D Express (id 616) 8)

Air Elbonia

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #37 on: March 30, 2008, 08:00:25 pm

You will be allowed to carry free tokens forward as far as you please, as long as you're active.  If you're flagged for inactivity, you will be reset down to the new-signup level of free tokens.  Any tokens you purchase will live as long as your account does (which at the moment, is not likely to be deleted for any insignificant reason, regardless of inactivity).
Air Elbonia, First in Time Travel since 2073!  (AEB ID in Game: 333)

thecoffeecake

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #38 on: March 31, 2008, 05:19:42 pm
What can you do with the tokens

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #39 on: March 31, 2008, 06:05:13 pm
Quote from: "thecoffeecake"

Watch them; count them; hide them; use them; clean them; polish them. Pick one of the above. :wink:
D Express (id 616) 8)

iranair777

• Brokers
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #40 on: March 31, 2008, 07:49:14 pm
Quote from: "dktc"
Quote from: "thecoffeecake"

Watch them; count them; hide them; use them; clean them; polish them. Pick one of the above. :wink:

:lol: you just saw dktcism at work :lol:

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #41 on: March 31, 2008, 09:06:04 pm
ok... to be professional...

Sir, please allow me to explain to you how this token system works. In multi-worlds, we have multiple worlds. Each world has its own configuration, which is randomized by the computer. That is sir, the computer generates the worlds, giving them different characteristics, sir. Players, like you sir, get to choose the world they would like to be in. The players, sir, could choose the world based on their own personal preference, and join the world that they like.

Now, sir, you might ask how the tokens come into play. The players, sir, are not expected to participate in all worlds at the same time. If that is the case, sir, AM would grow expotentially and we would not have enough resources to cope with the immense and continue growth. As you could now see, sir, we need some sort of control system, sir. That is why we came up with the token system sir. Tokens are generated every 12 hours into every master accounts, sir. Players would need a certain amount of tokens, sir, to join a world, and thus limiting the number of worlds they could participate in at any given time, sir.

I hope that my expectation is clear and sound sir. If you would like any clarification, or if there is any other ways that I could possibly assist you with, please do let me know. Have a nice day sir.

( :lol: )
D Express (id 616) 8)

yourefired

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #42 on: March 31, 2008, 09:09:01 pm
dktc sir, the "sir" at the end of every sentence is a just a little annoying to read sir. Thank you sir. have a good day sir.

And I prefer "counsel", thank you.

Air Canada, LLC (Private W224)

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #43 on: March 31, 2008, 09:09:30 pm
Quote from: "yourefired"
dktc sir, the "sir" at the end of every sentence is a just a little annoying to read sir. Thank you sir. have a good day sir.

That is exactly the point :lol:
It is what we call "service" and "respect" :wink:
You have to have enough of an ego to be able to take that. :lol:
D Express (id 616) 8)

czhang

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
    • Threshold Airlines news room @ Networld Alliance
Reply #44 on: April 01, 2008, 10:02:15 am
So when is multiworlds to be released again?

Threshold Airlines (XTX) - ID 9866
Smart Flying - Networld Alliance

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk