Airline Mogul Forum

Newbie Questions

Mawifo · 23 · 4139

Mawifo

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: March 20, 2008, 10:22:10 pm
Thanks for the answer! Yeah, my planes are going on lots of different routes, it's interesting. :)

Another question.  :D When is the data for passenger demand updated? When I go to edit my routes now, it lets me require a larger amount of money for ticket prices, and still get a loadfactor of 100%. Is this done every day (hour), or every month (day)? Also, I realize that on some of my routes, when I change between say $ 459 and $ 460, there is a small change in income (say about $ 120). However, the loadfactor changes from say 100% to 99.25%. Would it be smarter for me to go with the route costin $ 460/fare and get 99.25% loadfactor, or should I go with the $ 459 and get 100% loadfactor? Does the loadfactor have any influence on my economics, or is it just there to tell me how well I'm doing on the different routes? Thanks.  :)
fficial cabin crew member, captain, owner, and CEO of Air Norway, Norway's new first class carrier!

MrOrange

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: March 20, 2008, 10:24:11 pm
The data for demand are updated as soon as someone changes the route price for their airline, which could be any time. The LF influences, as you probably have seen, your total profit, but also that of other airlines on the route. Sometimes, it's better to keep it at 99.25%, because the other airline wouldn't need to update his route which may trigger a nice pricing war. See some 11-page thread about that :)

Mawifo

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: March 20, 2008, 10:28:15 pm
Haha.  :lol:  I believe I know which thread you're talking about. Thanks for the answer.  :)
fficial cabin crew member, captain, owner, and CEO of Air Norway, Norway's new first class carrier!

MrOrange

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: March 20, 2008, 10:31:17 pm
No problem :)

Chavaquiah

• Airline Supervisor
  • E outra vez conquistaremos a Distância
    • View Profile
    • SkyPact-Concept Alliance
Reply #19 on: March 20, 2008, 11:18:55 pm
Quote from: "Mawifo"
When is the data for passenger demand updated? When I go to edit my routes now, it lets me require a larger amount of money for ticket prices, and still get a loadfactor of 100%.

Another thing that changes and allows you to raise prices is the "hub effect". As you create more routes from your base you attract more passengers that can take advantage of the added number of connections. Demand goes up, so do prices.

A starting airline has few routes. When you go from, say, 8 to 16 routes, you're doubling the number of connections you offer. This may have an important effect on prices. When you go from 100 to 108 the same 8 new routes now represent a very small growth, so the effect is barely noticeable.

Be aware that editing a route costs money. The first time you edit a route in any given month you pay what's called "Marketing costs". Stop editing routes when the increase in profits is not enough to cover those marketing expenses. You can viw how much you've spent creating and editing routes if you follow this link: http://www.airlinemogul.com/airlinemogul/view_department.php?id=Marketing

Hot Drink

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: March 21, 2008, 04:18:25 am
before you ask another question again, please make onther thread.
ode: NET, ID:11228
Codeshare Network
One of the best airlines operating in Middle East
http://airlinemogul.com/airlinemogul/view_airline.php?id=11228
In Partnership with British Airways, ID:7933

Mawifo

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: March 21, 2008, 07:34:34 am
Quote from: "mg35pt"
Quote from: "Mawifo"
When is the data for passenger demand updated? When I go to edit my routes now, it lets me require a larger amount of money for ticket prices, and still get a loadfactor of 100%.

Another thing that changes and allows you to raise prices is the "hub effect". As you create more routes from your base you attract more passengers that can take advantage of the added number of connections. Demand goes up, so do prices.

A starting airline has few routes. When you go from, say, 8 to 16 routes, you're doubling the number of connections you offer. This may have an important effect on prices. When you go from 100 to 108 the same 8 new routes now represent a very small growth, so the effect is barely noticeable.

Be aware that editing a route costs money. The first time you edit a route in any given month you pay what's called "Marketing costs". Stop editing routes when the increase in profits is not enough to cover those marketing expenses. You can viw how much you've spent creating and editing routes if you follow this link: http://www.airlinemogul.com/airlinemogul/view_department.php?id=Marketing

Ok. Thanks.  :)

MrOrange

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: March 21, 2008, 08:22:07 am
Quote from: "Hot Drink"
before you ask another question again, please make onther thread.

You're not a moderator.

@Mawifo: Please ignore that, better to have one long question thread than a lot of small ones

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk