Airline Mogul Forum

Newbie Questions

Mawifo · 23 · 4133

Mawifo

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: March 20, 2008, 09:23:12 am
How long time does one day in Airline Mogul take in real life? Thanks.
fficial cabin crew member, captain, owner, and CEO of Air Norway, Norway's new first class carrier!

Hot Drink

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: March 20, 2008, 09:25:52 am
Nice for playing AM, the Ans. is 1 hours, and there is only 24days a month in AM.
Next time, you many check the manual before asking questions.
ode: NET, ID:11228
Codeshare Network
One of the best airlines operating in Middle East
http://airlinemogul.com/airlinemogul/view_airline.php?id=11228
In Partnership with British Airways, ID:7933

Jps

• Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: March 20, 2008, 09:35:06 am
Quote from: "Mawifo"
How long time does one day in Airline Mogul take in real life? Thanks.

AM to Real Life

1 day = 1 hour
1 month - 1 day
1 year - 12 days

ID: 5000 ~ Flying Beyond The Stars

Mawifo

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: March 20, 2008, 09:36:03 am
Thanks for the quick reply. I did try to find it in the manual, but it wasn't too easy to navigate with the titles provided (I still can't find it).  :)
fficial cabin crew member, captain, owner, and CEO of Air Norway, Norway's new first class carrier!

Jps

• Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: March 20, 2008, 09:40:00 am
That calls for a better wiki Stephen  :lol:

ID: 5000 ~ Flying Beyond The Stars

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: March 20, 2008, 09:53:17 am
Quote from: "Jps"
That calls for a better wiki Stephen  :lol:

No it means we should remove the Wiki and have a manual instead. A wiki is there for users to update, not staff.
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

Mawifo

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: March 20, 2008, 10:21:20 am
Another question.  :D  How much money would you recommend when I buy/lease a new aircraft? Would it be smarter to lease than buy for a new airline like mine? What kind of plane would be smart to buy/lease for a new airline like mine? Thanks.  :D

Chavaquiah

• Airline Supervisor
  • E outra vez conquistaremos a Distância
    • View Profile
    • SkyPact-Concept Alliance
Reply #7 on: March 20, 2008, 10:51:02 am
How much can you afford? :lol:

For a new airline, particularly one entering a world where much bigger companies are already operating, the best option would be something in the 40 to 70 seats. These planes are usually very cheap, provide decent profits and allow you to enter routes where others are already operating without setting off a price war.

Your passengers don't care how long a trip takes, as long as they get to their destinations. A jet is faster, allows you to create more routes per plane, but is generally a tad expensive. Probably not worth it at the start.

Also, don't waste time and potential profits waiting for the plane of your dreams. Get whatever you can afford and put it to service. This way you'll start growing faster.

If you have enough cash to buy a plane, by all means do it. Fokkers F-27 for little more than €5M or Hawker Siddeley 748 for around €10M are great choices. So are a few others. You should compare specs and prices.

As for leasing - and contrary to many others around here - I believe it is a great choice. It allows you to get planes that otherwise you could not afford. Just make sure you don't go for big jets. Those will hardly (if at all) generate enough revenue to pay for the lease. But anything up to €1M or €2M is usually good enough.

Take care not to take any 1 or 2 months contracts. Those are just traps set up for newbies or players not paying attention.

Hot Drink

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: March 20, 2008, 10:58:21 am
Quote from: "Mawifo"
Another question.  :D  How much money would you recommend when I buy/lease a new aircraft? Would it be smarter to lease than buy for a new airline like mine? What kind of plane would be smart to buy/lease for a new airline like mine? Thanks.  :D
It is good for you to lease planes at the beginning and for this quick round since u can make a larger profit from the beginning. Remember to choose some lease that the period is quite long (since u can return the plane is u don't want it)
 For the planes u need, u must know what type of your base is. If u are a remote airport, i.e. Hawaii. You haven't got too much airport near, so you would need an aircraft with more range.
If u are in an airport with many airports around, i.e. Hong Kong, u may need an aircraft with more seats and speed instead.
ode: NET, ID:11228
Codeshare Network
One of the best airlines operating in Middle East
http://airlinemogul.com/airlinemogul/view_airline.php?id=11228
In Partnership with British Airways, ID:7933

Mawifo

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: March 20, 2008, 11:16:04 am
Okay. Thanks to both of you for very helpful answers.  :D

Mawifo

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: March 20, 2008, 04:41:56 pm
How do I see a map of all of my routes?

MrOrange

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: March 20, 2008, 04:43:00 pm
Admin > Click here to view your airline's routemap

Mawifo

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: March 20, 2008, 04:46:34 pm
Quote from: "MrOrange"
Admin > Click here to view your airline's routemap

Thanks a lot.  :D

Mawifo

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: March 20, 2008, 10:05:32 pm
Out of the 21 gates I fly to and from, 12 cost $ 50k, 8 cost $ 100k, and one $ 250k (Oslo, my hub). I was wondering if it would be better for the economics of my newly started airline to quit flying to the $ 100k destinations, and instead fly to $ 50k and less destinations? Would this benefit me more in the long term, or the short term?

Also, is it normal to go into minus on the amount of cash you have when a new month starts, or is something going terribly wrong with my airline?

Thanks.  :)

MrOrange

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: March 20, 2008, 10:10:33 pm
50K airports are usually less crowded route-wise, but they naturally also have less demand and supply. Seeing as you're hubbed in Oslo, which is already quite a big airport, I wouldn't worry about demand issues on routes. 50K airports should be an OK choice for you for the time being. Remember though that it's mostly better to fit as many routes as possible in one plane, than save money on gate rent and go for longer routes.

It's only really wrong if it takes you over 10 days to get out of the red :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk