Airline Mogul Forum

Is it me???

Midwest15

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: March 11, 2008, 12:20:09 am
Ok Ive recieved several emails and have been reading several forums and have noticed that people are whinning too much...Part of the challenge in this game is to stick to your guns and not be a sore loser when someone does something you dont like. Some advise alliances are very helpful in times of need like fare wars, if u got the money why not just go do that, otherwise accept the fact that others are going to be cheap and try to drive you out. Ive realized that theres no point in whinning to death about someone does this some one does that, if you arent making money maybe you should do some research before you aquire a gate on a particular route, if someone has a 1 euro fare stick to your fare because guess what in the long run you will make more money. I know I have been apart of trying to suggest things and i will cont to do so but realistically speaking the staff running the site can do only so much and even then its not gonna be the real world, so stop this non-sense "but in the real world" crap....and grow some balls and stick to your guns, running an airline is difficult and prolonged and things dont happen overnight...Thanks

PS-Also having 100% LF is not always the way to be most profitable some routes you make more at 75% then 100%...sorta like the real world  :roll: so dont freak out about always having 100% LF
etting the Standard for Commuter Airlines...

Steeler83

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: March 11, 2008, 03:58:54 am
No, it's not just you.  I see that myself.  Regarding my LF, my average LF is generally between 95 and 98, and several of my routes are between 75 and 98%.  I used to care about my LF and about some of my routes, but I really don't this round.  I even have 2 or 3 different aircraft on a single route, so the LF on those is generally in the 75-85 range, which is generally pretty good for any airline in the real world...
teeler83
Founder and CEO of Buon Giorno! Airlines

ealvarez

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: March 11, 2008, 05:21:53 am
same. when it comes to the LF. i really dont care if its 100%. i mean at first ofcourse, you gotta try to out due the competition to grow, but once you get to a sirtain point, doesnt really matter anymore. my average is 88.9% and thats only cause im trying to share with the rest of the competition, as long as my loads stay above 60% im happy, once it drops below that then i have to adjust my prices again.

and unfortunately i share routes with some of those who for some reason or another MUST have theyre load at 100%, which just starts to bring down the market value for the route for the rest of us cause you know everyone else is going to adjust theyre prices next  :x

i thought this was supposed to simulate real world ops, to a point ofcourse. but you run into those young ones who the only thing they know how to play is try and "conquer" over everyone else. not even the real airlines can corner the market, theres laws for that  :lol:
rnesto Alvarez
Bayside Air

Jps

• Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: March 11, 2008, 10:14:42 am
If its at 70%+ I just leave it. If you dont, next day you'll have to keep editing the same route. Just over and over again  :lol:

ID: 5000 ~ Flying Beyond The Stars

Blue Sky Mine

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: March 11, 2008, 11:15:37 am
70,80 percents are fine. But the other stuff can be kinda interesting sometimes:
When I left AM yesterday evening I had no route below 50%. Came back on today and there were about 20-30 routes below 25% and 18 routes between 26&50%.

If that happens to you 5 times a week it's natural to get unnerved by those morons who stick their single BAE on a multiple frequency FRA-MUC!
EO Blue Sky Mine (XAI), ID 2041

Mein Maserati fährt 210,
Schwupp, die Polizei hat´s nicht geseh´n,
das macht Spaß!
Ich geb Gas, ich geb Gas

Midwest15

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: March 11, 2008, 08:44:08 pm
haha on a side note, i have a guy going after me thinking that he will put me out of business because hes in an alliance (FT :roll: ), not only has he started a farewar but in the long run he will be pissing ppl off just because he thinks he can drive me out of this route and overall my hub.......i have a feeling the alliance person(s) backing him will back away once they realize im not going anywhere and dont need to profit on this route to keep it....amature

travismb99

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: March 11, 2008, 08:58:47 pm
Why do you think "he's trying to put you out of business" just because he's in a big alliance?

He's competing with you and trying to beat you. You just complained about people whining, and now you're whining about someone fare-warring you?
acific Southwest Airlines - W10 - Catch our smile - ICAO:PS/#8304

Thanks_for_the_upgrade

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: March 11, 2008, 09:27:19 pm
I love irony. :)
UnderwAir [6] - Est. 1969.   (hehe, 69)

Thanks_for_the_upgrade

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: March 11, 2008, 10:14:26 pm
Quote from: "Midwest15"
i have a feeling the alliance person(s) backing him will back away once they realize im not going anywhere and dont need to profit on this route to keep it....amature

The point you're overlooking is that if you don't need the profit on the route, they don't either.  At this point in the game, you aren't the only person in this position.  Once you start edging over 500M in value; losing a route or dedicating a plane to run a 1 euro 8x route is a drop in the bucket.  Enlarged air and Plantain Air (names changed to protect the culprits) started the practice of running 4 or 5 planes, 4-8x at 50 euro on one route.  I thought they were bookmarking but after a few days of not removing the planes/frequencies I went ahead and dropped to undercut them.

Personally I don't need the route.  it's only worth maybe 10k to me now and I'm making 93M DOP.  So why not close the route right?  Because it's a game and it's a lot of fun to counter with a dedicated plane running 9x at 1 Euro because, well, if you're going to try to monopolize the route so I can't make money, I'll just make it so you nor anyone else can make any money off the route.
UnderwAir [6] - Est. 1969.   (hehe, 69)

Seattle

• Airline Senior Manager
  • Hello! Send me a PM!
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: March 11, 2008, 10:19:33 pm
I try to keep my "prestige" routes always above 100%, no matter where I am. However, since I have based in "obscure" places these last few rounds, I have managed to keep my route up pretty well. :)
British Pan Airways (BPA)

Serving London Heathrow to You and the Rest of the World!

Fly with our lie-flat beds in first and business class on all longhaul planes!

~BPA, Relax, Enjoy, Fly.

Steeler83

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: March 11, 2008, 11:28:25 pm
My threshold LF is between 70 and 75%.  Anything within that range, I try to tweak a little just to get it above 75.  69 and below, well that requires some extreme tweaking.  There are those routes I run with 2 different aircraft, and those are a bitch to keep fairly high.  To keep those LFs high, I have to drop fares down.  It's not too terribly bad tho, because this can be made up on higher traffic routes, where the plane could be 75% full and still turn profits into the six figures...

My DOP is well over 11 million, and my daily pax count is over 37,500...
teeler83

Midwest15

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: March 12, 2008, 12:19:52 am
its more of a lol type situation not me complaining, trust me if i was complaining it would be about something major, i was more pointing out the fact that people think they are invinsable when they join big alliances like FT which i think is going on 3 stages at #1...cant remember.....anyways im more interested in leasing out planes at this point i think it poses a greater challenge at the moment....and there no way in hell i can make a run to the top 50 at this juncture since the round is so short....FYI I will be putting out Fk6000 for 1.7mil lease or 25mil purchase if anyone wants any let me know i got 5 going offline here within the hour

travismb99

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: March 12, 2008, 01:10:20 am
I don't think people think they're invincible when they join an alliance like FT... but it sure does help having friends ;)
acific Southwest Airlines - W10 - Catch our smile - ICAO:PS/#8304

Steeler83

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: March 12, 2008, 01:58:51 am
Quote from: "travismb99"
I don't think people think they're invincible when they join an alliance like FT... but it sure does help having friends ;)

Heck, I'll second that.  I joined an alliance with a lot of airline value, and I don't feel at all invincible.  I will do anything I can to facilitate other fellow alliance members.  

About having alliances, it sure does feel good to have such friends!  I remember being a member of Skyteam back in the 2000-2007 round.  I had over a dozen 717s leased to me for cheap to combat competition at my bases of CLT, HOU, and OAK at the time.  I dunno, maybe this round I might not need such help.  My DOP is soaring and I am climbing in value.  I hope to retire my BAE 146 and lease that to someone in my alliance to help them out.  This is me hoping to give back. :-)
teeler83

ordssbill

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: March 12, 2008, 03:24:41 am
Just like the real world, I find that you can make decent profit with a load factor of around 80% ( + / - ).  Even if you have some folks that come in and waste the yield, you can stick it out.  I've maintained a really good DOP when i have had one or two $1.00 routes, mainly because some one needed to have that 100% LF.  If im between 80 and 100, i usually leave it alone and focus on other routes.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk