Airline Mogul Forum

terminals

thecoffeecake

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: March 04, 2008, 07:34:45 pm
last round terminals went toward your value. i just made a 5 gate terminal in qebec city and lost value :?

killian320

• Airline Operative
  • Killiarney :P
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: March 04, 2008, 09:23:49 pm
Because you spent money on it to build ;)

a1b23

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: March 04, 2008, 10:27:33 pm
have not noticed when you buy gates your value goes down?
1b23

thecoffeecake

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: March 04, 2008, 10:29:55 pm
terminal guys. when you SPEND money on a plane your value stays the same. i BUILT a terminal. BUILT..... last round it went toward you value

MrOrange

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: March 04, 2008, 10:42:58 pm
You spend money on building a terminal. Besides, the way value is calculated hasn't changed since last round, IIRC.

andylawrence

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: March 05, 2008, 10:19:54 am
Last round is same as this one in regards to value, no known changes.  Your value wont change until end of month if i recall.  You spent money so your value went down.
img]http://www.airlinemogul.com/airlinelogos/panambs.png[/img]
Airline ID 140

pseudoswede

• Airline Manager
  • Play to win, not imitate.
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: March 05, 2008, 06:32:25 pm
Instead of bringing up an old thread, I'll ask here...

If I were to build terminals at all my bases, return all of my rented gates there, would that significantly decrease my Gate Rental Fee expenses every month? I also understand that my Maintenance fees would increase significantly.

Planet Express Airways
Member of the FT Alliance
ID: 3446

Opinions expressed in my posts are suggestions to achieve maximum airline value and top rankings.
If you do not wish for either, then feel free to ignore.

Chavaquiah

• Airline Supervisor
  • E outra vez conquistaremos a Distância
    • View Profile
    • SkyPact-Concept Alliance
Reply #7 on: March 05, 2008, 06:40:42 pm
I read somewhere that fees are 3/4 of normal rented gates. Don't know about maintenance, I assume it has no effect.

After building a terminal you can no longer rent the other gates. You have to expand the terminal whenever you need the space. And that can become quite expensive. Last turn I ended up paying over 4 million Euros for each gate at LHR.

pseudoswede

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: March 05, 2008, 06:51:54 pm
Quote from: "mg35pt"
I read somewhere that fees are 3/4 of normal rented gates. Don't know about maintenance, I assume it has no effect.

After building a terminal you can no longer rent the other gates. You have to expand the terminal whenever you need the space. And that can become quite expensive. Last turn I ended up paying over 4 million Euros for each gate at LHR.

I believe for each terminal gate you build, you don't pay a rental fee. You do, obviously, pay for the gate construction fee (~4M at a 350k airport), and then you pay €262,500 per gate in maintenance fees. So, in theory, you save money building a terminal--however, you don't make the ROI back in a 3-year game! :lol:

I'd like just to confirm my numbers are correct.

Planet Express Airways

Opinions expressed in my posts are suggestions to achieve maximum airline value and top rankings.

thecoffeecake

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: March 05, 2008, 07:27:14 pm
omg. when you buy a plane what happen to your value?? NOTHING because all the money you just spent on that plane goes toward your airline value. same thing with terminals. it corrected itself anyway.

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: March 05, 2008, 07:36:54 pm
Quote from: "pseudoswede"
I believe for each terminal gate you build, you don't pay a rental fee. You do, obviously, pay for the gate construction fee (~4M at a 350k airport), and then you pay €262,500 per gate in maintenance fees. So, in theory, you save money building a terminal--however, you don't make the ROI back in a 3-year game! :lol:

Nope. You don't technically pay maintenance. You pay 3/4 of the gate rent. It is just that when people start arguing you should not be paying rent for built gates that we tell them to think of it as upkeep.
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

pseudoswede

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: March 05, 2008, 08:19:32 pm
Quote from: "dktc"
Quote from: "pseudoswede"

Nope. You don't technically pay maintenance. You pay 3/4 of the gate rent. It is just that when people start arguing you should not be paying rent for built gates that we tell them to think of it as upkeep.

Okay, it stays in the Gate Rental Fee section. Question answered. Thanks. :)

Planet Express Airways

Blue Sky Mine

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: March 05, 2008, 08:20:22 pm
But you can't tell me that 3/4 of what airports demand for gates goes into maintenance :shock:
EO Blue Sky Mine (XAI), ID 2041

Mein Maserati fährt 210,
Schwupp, die Polizei hat´s nicht geseh´n,
das macht Spaß!
Ich geb Gas, ich geb Gas

thecoffeecake

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: March 06, 2008, 04:07:13 am
the same thing happened to me after the creation of an alliance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that should go toward your value right??? it did last round!!

Air Elbonia

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: March 06, 2008, 05:53:19 am
Quote from: "Blue Sky Mine"
But you can't tell me that 3/4 of what airports demand for gates goes into maintenance :shock:

Maintenance, staffing, cleaning, power, water... a lot of stuff. the 3/4ths is primarily to keep terminals from being too powerful, moreso then an "accurate" approximation of what an airline pays when it has a terminal of its own.

creating an alliance never, ever, ever went towards your value.
Air Elbonia, First in Time Travel since 2073!  (AEB ID in Game: 333)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk