Airline Mogul Forum

Jobs in real life like AM

jkimmel

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: February 28, 2008, 04:43:50 am
Are there any jobs out there that are similar to AM?

boilermaker

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: February 28, 2008, 04:54:36 am
Quote from: "jkimmel"

Day trader  :roll:

Air Elbonia

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: February 28, 2008, 06:35:22 am
Similar in what way?  pilots, accountants, flight attendants, and CEO's of companies exist in the aviation industry...
Air Elbonia, First in Time Travel since 2073!  (AEB ID in Game: 333)

pseudoswede

• Airline Manager
  • Play to win, not imitate.
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: February 28, 2008, 06:57:52 am
Quote from: "boilermaker"
Quote from: "jkimmel"

Day trader  :roll:

:lol: Post of the day!

As for jobs, I imagine most airlines have people dedicated to allocating planes to routes so that they are utilized as many hours as possible. Then the real fun is when there are massive delays and they have to work to determine how to shuffle planes around to move around the most people with as little disruption to the route network as possible.

Planet Express Airways
Member of the FT Alliance
ID: 3446

Opinions expressed in my posts are suggestions to achieve maximum airline value and top rankings.
If you do not wish for either, then feel free to ignore.

MvH

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: February 28, 2008, 09:58:49 am
I have a job at AMS. I work for an aircargo handling company with customers like; Singapore Airlines, Malaysia, Korean Air, Qatar Airways, BMI, SAS, TAP, Continental, etc, etc.

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: February 28, 2008, 10:19:24 am
Theres a whole variety of jobs done by different people that would be similar to tasks carried out in AM. But AM is hugely simplifed to allow for some enjoyment rather than hard work for 40hrs a week.

I'd say a lot of Flight/Ground Operations roles would be most common in AM.
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

AzZellon

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: February 28, 2008, 07:47:49 pm
ATPL Trainee Pilot. Just finished Ground school today, and had my first backseat flight today in a Piper PA-28 Cadet, gonna start flying on my own in Spain on the 10th of March.
b]Click![/b]

ETA of Iranair's 747 - Unknown cuz Boeing is laughing it's a** off

Blue Sky Mine

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: February 28, 2008, 07:51:22 pm
Quote from: "AzZellon"
ATPL Trainee Pilot. Just finished Ground school today, and had my first backseat flight today in a Piper PA-28 Cadet, gonna start flying on my own in Spain on the 10th of March.

you're so lucky!

I'm going for this one:
http://www.be-lufthansa.com/fileadmin/fm-lufthansabe/PDFs/B3_Dualer_Studiengang/LH_E_BScAviation_ATS_04.pdf
EO Blue Sky Mine (XAI), ID 2041

Mein Maserati fährt 210,
Schwupp, die Polizei hat´s nicht geseh´n,
das macht Spaß!
Ich geb Gas, ich geb Gas

air1

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: February 28, 2008, 08:02:40 pm
-FBO ops
-Executive jet management
-Charter ops

I'm a CFI right now, definately don't want to fly for a living though... not enough upside capital wise.

Theres always someone willing to do your job cheaper.

Airline operations is a low profit margin business

AzZellon

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: February 28, 2008, 11:25:07 pm
Quote from: "Blue Sky Mine"

you're so lucky!

I'm going for this one:
http://www.be-lufthansa.com/fileadmin/fm-lufthansabe/PDFs/B3_Dualer_Studiengang/LH_E_BScAviation_ATS_04.pdf

Hehe, guess your going down the management side. But why that choice, no feeling for flying ?
b]Click![/b]

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: February 29, 2008, 07:03:49 am
For some its not a case of "No feel for flying". I am aiming at Airline Management at the moment but want to continue flying on the side. There are virtually no opportunities in Ireland for financing pilot training, thanks to cost cutting its all DIY!
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

thecoffeecake

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: March 02, 2008, 03:05:58 am

did you go to college to be a pilot or did u go to an outside aviation school

Blue Sky Mine

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: March 02, 2008, 11:18:58 am

Hehe, guess your going down the management side. But why that choice, no feeling for flying ?

I don't fulfill some of the med requirements :evil:
EO Blue Sky Mine (XAI), ID 2041

Mein Maserati fährt 210,
Schwupp, die Polizei hat´s nicht geseh´n,
das macht Spaß!
Ich geb Gas, ich geb Gas

Midwest15

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: March 02, 2008, 02:20:47 pm
I think Im the only non-aviation related worker here lol (cop) althogh I went to pilot school in college for 2 years in chicago and the wx was horrible and c152 xwind component is like 17kts and to aviation in chicago thats like a leaf blowing around. so then i went into police science and got my BA in that and looky now I still fly 100kts in the air on the side and 100mph on the ground for my job lol so like its been mentioned before flying isnt necessarily having a desire to or not, we all want to fly its whether its practical beyond schooling is whether its realistic and for most of us its not and we have to save up to make flying our hobbies. Plus unless you go in on the management side of flying, the job market and pay is not all that good for 5-10 years and those college loans really add up after you graduate lol
etting the Standard for Commuter Airlines...

AzZellon

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: March 02, 2008, 04:50:13 pm
Quote from: "thecoffeecake"

did you go to college to be a pilot or did u go to an outside aviation school

Not really I am sponsored by the national airline, all I need are my IGCSE's and an approved class I medical from the CAA which I got in October last year, plus you have to deposit $35,000 with the airline and the rest get's cutback from the salary which is pretty astronomical. In return I get an integrated ATPL 1-1.5 year course at Cabair College of Air Training in Cranfield and a job at the airline after I complete my IR and get my Frozen ATPL license. That's when I go back home and start simulator and technical training on the A320.
b]Click![/b]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk