Airline Mogul Forum

Bug - Ticket Prices

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
on: December 26, 2006, 07:50:14 pm
I've fixed the bug of unlimited ticket prices, set an upper limit of €1,750 as the maximum ticket price.

All route exceeding these have been removed. Anyone with slots or aircraft hours that are off let me know I have an idea who has been feeding themselves with over the top revenues. :)
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

EXTspotter

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: December 26, 2006, 09:45:10 pm
Noooo! My 50k EXT - LHR segment is ruined!
ho said aviation sites were sexist?

jacol

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: December 26, 2006, 10:42:39 pm
Quote from: "StephenM"
I've fixed the bug of unlimited ticket prices, set an upper limit of €1,750 as the maximum ticket price.

All route exceeding these have been removed. Anyone with slots or aircraft hours that are off let me know I have an idea who has been feeding themselves with over the top revenues. :)

I think it's a bad idea  :( the maximum ticket price should be 5,000

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: December 26, 2006, 11:49:45 pm
Quote from: "jacol"

I think it's a bad idea  :( the maximum ticket price should be 5,000

I doubt it. We have long had it that the maximum was 1,750 and I dont want Fokkers doing 1 frequency making a fortune with 5,000 as the ticket price and 100% as loadfactor!
Stephen Murphy

YuniJet

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: December 27, 2006, 12:25:12 am
I don't know if it is possible, but i think it would be a good idea to make the max fare depend on the length of the route to be flown.

Like this:

0nm-4999nm -> max. ticket price 1750€
>5000nm -> max. ticket price 5000€

This would make intercontinental flights more profitable than domestic flights! Otherwise i see intercontinental flights being just the last alternative to earn money when the domestics are too crowded with airlines. :wink:
color=#ff0078][size=18] Fly YuniJet[/size]
[size=22]由仁ジェット[/size]
Wir beflügeln Asien [/color]

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: December 27, 2006, 01:28:01 am
Quote from: "YuniJet"
I don't know if it is possible, but i think it would be a good idea to make the max fare depend on the length of the route to be flown.

Like this:

0nm-4999nm -> max. ticket price 1750€
>5000nm -> max. ticket price 5000€

This would make intercontinental flights more profitable than domestic flights! Otherwise i see intercontinental flights being just the last alternative to earn money when the domestics are too crowded with airlines. :wink:

Good idea in THEORY! Sorry but there are draw backs, you will find that the most profitable routes are then 5000nm or as close as possible to. Any more and your costs go up but revenues stay the same. What is needed is a dynamic scale that goes up as you go futher out. Problem is the current route system doesn't work too well and tinkering with it may make it worse! It has to be improved in its basic format at the start then I can do sliding scales like that. This time I chose to hide some information in create route that you can see in edit route. When edit route is changed it too will have less information but it looks better. :)
Stephen Murphy

skumfrik

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: December 28, 2006, 07:28:59 pm
Quote from: "StephenM"

My F27 has 24 hours available even though I've already used 24.. :?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk