Airline Mogul Forum

How to afford an airplane?!

jml0335

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: February 25, 2008, 07:54:45 pm
Apologies for this idiotic question, but how does anyone manage to afford airplanes to expand? To get the money to afford the planes, I need more routes from my bases, so I increase my slot utilisation. But I don't have enough planes to expand. I'm trapped in a circle!
Isn't there a way to borrow money, or puchase/lease aircraft without paying straight away?

Any help is appreciated!
img]http://img329.imageshack.us/img329/9549/transcarribeancopyhh2.jpg[/img]

flyfire

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: February 25, 2008, 07:59:30 pm
you can request an airplane and then buy it after a period of time from whoever takes your request.
LY the FIRe

Expairience

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: February 25, 2008, 08:00:48 pm
Well, the round hasn't even started yet. When it has, you'll earn money every hour. You can wait for it to pile up to buy an aircraft, or you can use it to lease an aircraft, even though the lease market will be rather empty in the beginning.
img]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y177/expairience/anet/profile/hkl-logo1.jpg[/img]

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: February 25, 2008, 08:11:11 pm
I don't think the leasing market would be empty. With 750k starting cash, some people have chossen to buy a small plane before renting gates. (Remember one could go negative cash renting gates in AM... just not negative value...). You could do that as well to get a plane.
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

AirHanoverInternational

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: February 25, 2008, 08:35:42 pm
Quote from: "dktc"
I don't think the leasing market would be empty. With 750k starting cash, some people have chossen to buy a small plane before renting gates. (Remember one could go negative cash renting gates in AM... just not negative value...). You could do that as well to get a plane.

Does this mean I could order an aircraft @ about 50M EUR right now? :shock: If so: why didnt we get 50M in cash and not allowing to go into the debt?
an (AirHanoverInternational ID:5980)

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: February 25, 2008, 08:39:00 pm
Quote from: "AirHanoverInternational"
Does this mean I could order an aircraft @ about 50M EUR right now? :shock: If so: why didnt we get 50M in cash and not allowing to go into the debt?

No, you could only rent gate and create routes when you have negative cash. You have to have enough cash to buy a plane. There are planes cheaper than 750k though.. so you could buy those..~ As for how good they would prove to be, that is a whole other question. (The question was only how to get a plane... not how to get a good plane :P)
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

Expairience

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: February 25, 2008, 08:50:11 pm
Quote from: dktc
Quote from: "AirHanoverInternational"
There are planes cheaper than 750k though.. so you could buy those..~ As for how good they would prove to be, that is a whole other question. (The question was only how to get a plane... not how to get a good plane :P)

I did that, ordered a 10 seater before ordering any gates. I actually thought that the 24+ hours before the game starts would count towards the plane's ordering time!  :D  they did not, of course. I'll see if it was a good decission or not. But I thought I could use the small plane, once delivered, to serve my short routes and make my BAe available for the longer ones. I'll see.
img]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y177/expairience/anet/profile/hkl-logo1.jpg[/img]

AirHanoverInternational

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: February 25, 2008, 08:51:48 pm

No, you could only rent gate and create routes when you have negative cash. You have to have enough cash to buy a plane. There are planes cheaper than 750k though.. so you could buy those..~ As for how good they would prove to be, that is a whole other question. (The question was only how to get a plane... not how to get a good plane :P)

The part in the brackets followed by your last sentence:

(Remember one could go negative cash renting gates in AM... just not negative value...). You could do that as well to get a plane.

confused me a bit. :? Thanks for making it clear now.
an (AirHanoverInternational ID:5980)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk