Total Members Voted: 72

Voting closed: February 20, 2008, 04:34:42 pm

eielef

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: February 20, 2008, 04:34:42 pm
Why Again?
Wasn't it enough just 2 months ago?
I'm bored of starting again and again without no reason. I hope someone is with me on saying to the "game-masters" no to the reset.
Let's play till 1979 or something similar.
Many friends of mine left the game since it re-started last 27th December 2007.
If it was reseted, make it for the last time.
Give every airport the double of gates, so it will be easier for everyone. For example, instead of DUS starting with 150, it starts with 300.
But: DO NO RESET THE GAME.

Signed: eielef, from Eielef Air (9Q)
ext Flights
19F AEP-NQN AU
23F NQN-AEP AU
23F AEP-SDE AU
26F SDE-TUC AU
01M TUC-AEP AR
16M AEP-CNQ AR
23M PSS-AEP AR
28M EZE-FCO AZ
05A FCO-ZRH-DUS LX
06A DUS-ZRH-FCO LX
11A FCO-WAW AZ
14A WAW-ATH-TLV OA
23A TLV-FCO-EZE AZ
24A AEP-TUC AR

pseudoswede

• Airline Manager
  • Play to win, not imitate.
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: February 20, 2008, 04:56:14 pm
We'll eventually have 10-year rounds again. Be patient.

Planet Express Airways
Member of the FT Alliance
ID: 3446

Opinions expressed in my posts are suggestions to achieve maximum airline value and top rankings.
If you do not wish for either, then feel free to ignore.

MrOrange

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: February 20, 2008, 05:08:10 pm
Quote from: "eielef"
Why Again?
Wasn't it enough just 2 months ago?
I'm bored of starting again and again without no reason.

As said before, we still need the resets to add features to the game and make bug-fixes we can't make during the round. Remember that AM is still in a beta stage. On another note, doubling gates will only lead to more issues, causing even more need for resets.

eielef

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: February 20, 2008, 05:25:22 pm
Why is it need to restart?. It caused me a hard work and many hours to have an airline valued 7.000.Mio €. I mean: i loved it, but i won't start again knowing it will be restarted allways.
It's really mean. Why don't you create a parallel game. People may still play on this one, and the new features are available for those who register after this week.
ext Flights
19F AEP-NQN AU
23F NQN-AEP AU
23F AEP-SDE AU
26F SDE-TUC AU
01M TUC-AEP AR
16M AEP-CNQ AR
23M PSS-AEP AR
28M EZE-FCO AZ
05A FCO-ZRH-DUS LX
06A DUS-ZRH-FCO LX
11A FCO-WAW AZ
14A WAW-ATH-TLV OA
23A TLV-FCO-EZE AZ
24A AEP-TUC AR

Seattle

• Airline Senior Manager
  • Hello! Send me a PM!
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: February 20, 2008, 05:31:46 pm
I want to restart in Seattle. No gates. To much competition :cry:
British Pan Airways (BPA)

Serving London Heathrow to You and the Rest of the World!

Fly with our lie-flat beds in first and business class on all longhaul planes!

~BPA, Relax, Enjoy, Fly.

pseudoswede

• Airline Manager
  • Play to win, not imitate.
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: February 20, 2008, 05:43:42 pm
Quote from: "eielef"
Why is it need to restart?. It caused me a hard work and many hours to have an airline valued 7.000.Mio €. I mean: i loved it, but i won't start again knowing it will be restarted allways.

Yes, 5 years is too short to fully enjoy this game. 10 years is just about right (maybe a tad too long).

If you're also suggesting that this game should never reset. That won't happen either. It has been explained many times on these forums.

It's really mean. Why don't you create a parallel game. People may still play on this one, and the new features are available for those who register after this week.

It's not currently possible to have two separate games running in parallel. I won't say impossible, but it's probably something the admins don't want to hassle with.

Look around the forums for "multiworlds". It was supposed to be completed around this time (thus the 5-year round), but it looks like it won't be.

Planet Express Airways
Member of the FT Alliance
ID: 3446

Opinions expressed in my posts are suggestions to achieve maximum airline value and top rankings.
If you do not wish for either, then feel free to ignore.

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: February 20, 2008, 05:47:10 pm
Quote from: "pseudoswede"
Look around the forums for "multiworlds". It was supposed to be completed around this time (thus the 5-year round), but it looks like it won't be.

We still don't know. Right now, we have one world in beta running, but it is full of bugs... and we still haven't got the second world set up yet~. The devs are still hoping to get it out, but probably not going to be ready, which is why we start the "expectation management".
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: February 20, 2008, 06:36:25 pm
If you dont want a reset, then you dont want the game to be improved or developed any further. Simple as that.
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

SATA

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: February 20, 2008, 06:46:18 pm
and if you dont like the way the game is no1 is forcing you to play :roll:

LOT 737-300

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: February 20, 2008, 06:53:16 pm
Though I'm certainly not hyped for a reset just yet (I think 10 years is just right), just due to the fact that my airline is still growing at a decent rate. I do like to see the game get improvments here and there to make it less buggy.

Seattle

• Airline Senior Manager
  • Hello! Send me a PM!
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: February 20, 2008, 07:00:02 pm
Quote from: "LOT 737-300"
Though I'm certainly not hyped for a reset just yet (I think 10 years is just right), just due to the fact that my airline is still growing at a decent rate. I do like to see the game get improvments here and there to make it less buggy.
same here. Just saw my DOP triple :P (new hub)
British Pan Airways (BPA)

Serving London Heathrow to You and the Rest of the World!

Fly with our lie-flat beds in first and business class on all longhaul planes!

~BPA, Relax, Enjoy, Fly.

Skyfox

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: February 20, 2008, 07:10:36 pm
It only takes about 5 years to build a global airline. After 5 years it just turns into a ***t fest. You have the major airlines covering everything and upgrading with larger aircraft, and you get the little airlines catching up. What happens is a wide spread devalueing of most routes, more comptetition and mudslinging. Places like Europe and north america become a cloaca because expansion is limited.

5 years is a good limit for now. Im happy to see 5 year terms until multiworlds is released. After then 10 years is okay. Though it can get a bit long.

LOT 737-300

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: February 20, 2008, 07:42:54 pm
Quote from: "Skyfox"
It only takes about 5 years to build a global airline. After 5 years it just turns into a ***t fest. You have the major airlines covering everything and upgrading with larger aircraft, and you get the little airlines catching up. What happens is a wide spread devalueing of most routes, more comptetition and mudslinging. Places like Europe and north america become a cloaca because expansion is limited.

5 years is a good limit for now. Im happy to see 5 year terms until multiworlds is released. After then 10 years is okay. Though it can get a bit long.

If thats the case, I have yet to notice it. I'm slowly turning into a global airline, but I try to fly things more realistically, so you'll see logical fleet and route choices from me (thus meaning you won't see a Tu-114 flying from Koltsovo/Vnukovo/Osnova to Gomel or Zielona Gora, but rather something more like a AN-24V or Tu-134 base version for VKO/Koltsovo and a L-410 from HRK to those two airports.) Devaluation of routes will happen reguardless how many years the round is.  Perhaps when runway restrictions finally get figured out, you'll see lower chances of routes getting A300s and 737-200s on them.

As a side note, I entered my first round later on (it was almost 2005 in the game I think), I recall that the BK script was ran and I was able to expand nicely without any issue. Obviously, I didn't make it into the top 100, but I did make a decent ranking for an airline that started when I did.

Another clue to help, stay away from large airports (pax #>10,000,000), if you're a start up, you'll get eaten by the more experanced majors anyways. Just ask any "new" airline in r/l who went into DFW. Most of them didn't last very long.

eielef

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: February 20, 2008, 11:08:24 pm
Ok. I'm resigned to see the game restart and all my profit and achievments lost.
I'm wondering if will be able to use now the Cargo Airports, and Cargo Airplane.
I'm wondering when will the new game start. The 80's or 90's might be great.
I'm wondering why i couldn't buy the Concorde. It would be SO great to have it.

PD: one of the busiest airports in the world, Paris Charles de Gaulle, wasn't open till 1975. Think of it next time.
ext Flights
19F AEP-NQN AU
23F NQN-AEP AU
23F AEP-SDE AU
26F SDE-TUC AU
01M TUC-AEP AR
16M AEP-CNQ AR
23M PSS-AEP AR
28M EZE-FCO AZ
05A FCO-ZRH-DUS LX
06A DUS-ZRH-FCO LX
11A FCO-WAW AZ