Airline Mogul Forum

Route Help

Hutty Air

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: February 16, 2008, 08:15:18 pm
I don't completely understand the rule that states no more than 2 .5 frequencies per route. Can someone explain this to me further.

Chavaquiah

• Airline Supervisor
  • E outra vez conquistaremos a Distância
    • View Profile
    • SkyPact-Concept Alliance
Reply #1 on: February 16, 2008, 08:31:08 pm
Must confess that I also had some trouble wading through the threads on this subject. But I believe it comes down to this:

Say you are flying more than one aircraft between two airports (i.e., you have more than one route between the same pair of airports airports). You can have at most two of those routes with frequencies that are not whole numbers, i.e., do end in ".5"

Example:
Route 1 - AAA to BBB - Freq 1.5
Route 2 - AAA to BBB - Freq 0.5
Route 3 - BBB to AAA - Freq 2.5

In this case you would be connecting AAA and BBB with three ".5" routes, thus a violation of the rule. If, for instance, route 3 was freq 3.0 instead of 2.5, it woul be alright.

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: February 16, 2008, 09:08:32 pm
Correct.

You could have
  • 2x .5's for AAA-BBB and
  • 2x .5's for AAA-CCC and
  • 2x .5's + 3x 1 for AAA-DDD

but not

• 3x .5's for AAA-BBB
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

Hutty Air

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: February 16, 2008, 10:44:59 pm
ok thanks I thought you could only have 2 non whole number routes per airport like if Boston goes to Hartford on a .5 frequency and it goes to fort myers on a 1.5 frequency it COULDNT go to cleveland on a 2.5 frequency

moondog

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: February 19, 2008, 04:31:25 pm
Quote from: "Hutty Air"
ok thanks I thought you could only have 2 non whole number routes per airport like if Boston goes to Hartford on a .5 frequency and it goes to fort myers on a 1.5 frequency it COULDNT go to cleveland on a 2.5 frequency

I think you're still not quite getting it.  While what you said (quoted text) is true, most players have multiple aircraft so it is entirely possible --yet against the rules-- to do more than 2 x.5s on BOS-BDL.

edit: fixed a glaring typo for clarity sake.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk