Airline Mogul Forum

Please Read (Question) Airline Mogul

Hutty Air

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: February 06, 2008, 11:52:21 pm
Is there any way to see how good the route is (like poor-less than 300 potential customers or average-less than 1000 potential customers) BEFORE you buy the gate to create the route????
Also I am new to this game and would like some opinions on how I am doing. My airlines name is Hutty Air the code is JOK and I am in Armenia-El Eden. I have a bunch of small routes, but I can't seem to find any routes with good potential......

gagahput3ra

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: February 07, 2008, 12:57:37 am
Hmm....funny you post this on General Section of Non-Airline Mogul forum  :roll:
img]http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/3166/gwebsair21nm8.png[/img]
GweBS Air[BS]. A New Life Is Here.
BlueSkies Members
Official Partners Of Fly Luso, Czech International Airlines, Asian Connection & Fly Mogul

Hutty Air

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: February 07, 2008, 01:00:22 am
I am gonna be honest.....I just noticed that lol

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: February 07, 2008, 01:13:13 am
Moved.

The larger the airports are, the higher the demand is for the airport.
If you are flying from a 50k airport to another 50k airport.... go figures.
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

AirHanoverInternational

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: February 07, 2008, 07:35:39 am
Just some advices to you (I am playing AM since last round and those may not be perfect but may help you a bit. Ok, I am No.1 in Central America :wink: ). :

At THIS stage of the game try to find airports worth 200k/250k a gate (have not checked if there are still some available).
Connect ALL airports (maybe not those <50,000 pax) that are close to this airport to your base.
Check competition on the routes BEFORE renting a gate. It does not make sense to rent a gate e.g. at Heathrow as the competition will probably have ALL european airports <200k connected to Heathrow and may run them on low fares already which means you will not get any profit from those routes.
Do not even think of starting long haul operations until you have no airports close to your base connected to it.
When you have around 5-6 gates at you base filled up with flights look for a second base. This one should not be too far away from your first one. Then you will be able to create new routes to the destionations you have chosen from your first hub. Re-using the gates is a good way to save money instead of spending more on new gates.

Last but not least about aircrafts:
Do NOT save the money three real days long doing nothing to order a Boeing 737. In those days you could have bought a lot smaller aircrafts which will give you a higher profit than a single 737.
Also, do NOT lease in a B737 or a bigger one. I am sure you will spend more money on running it then you will receive from it. I still have some smaller aircrafts flying around giving me not the highest profit but still enough that I am not considering to replace them at the moment. The aircrafts I buy I need for creating NEW routes.
The good thing for you right now is that many people get rid of their older and smaller aircraft. Take a look at the used market. There are some cheap aircrafts to buy.

Remember: the above given advices are just for your specific case starting late in this round. At the beginning of the next round you may have to change parts of the strategy. Feel free to drop me a PM if you need some more help.
an (AirHanoverInternational ID:5980)

Blue Sky Mine

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: February 07, 2008, 07:49:19 am
also, if you lease try to lease aircraft which are talked about as lemons on this forum. For example some days ago the A300 was available for leasing for quite a cheap price due to its slow speed!
EO Blue Sky Mine (XAI), ID 2041

Mein Maserati fährt 210,
Schwupp, die Polizei hat´s nicht geseh´n,
das macht Spaß!
Ich geb Gas, ich geb Gas

kazoom

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: February 07, 2008, 10:00:09 am
It looks like you are flying 3 daily return flights to your destinations... don't do this! Last round I did the exact same thing as a noob  :oops:  hahaha .... I flew 7 return flights from Johannesburg to Gabarone! I found out that it was better to only fly 1 daily return (1 frequency) on my routes.... this is because, usually, when increasing frequencies the supply increases forcing the price down and you end up with less revenue/profit.  

Instead try to fly to numerous different airports.
img]http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg10/kazaamzoom/propersize.gif[/img]

iranair777

• Brokers
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile

ALFC

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: February 07, 2008, 05:51:07 pm
Quote from: "Blue Sky Mine"
also, if you lease try to lease aircraft which are talked about as lemons on this forum. For example some days ago the A300 was available for leasing for quite a cheap price due to its slow speed!

the A300 is still available at lowest possible leasepirce!
LFC - Melmac Spacelines

Blue Sky Mine

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: February 07, 2008, 06:51:00 pm
which is pretty amazing because although it has quite a slow speed it's quite profitable- but I think too many were bought in the "first-Airbus-ever-mania"!
EO Blue Sky Mine (XAI), ID 2041

Mein Maserati fährt 210,
Schwupp, die Polizei hat´s nicht geseh´n,
das macht Spaß!
Ich geb Gas, ich geb Gas

flyingscotsman

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: February 08, 2008, 01:21:19 pm
Which is much like the A380 mania right now...Even the sultan's brother is rumoured to be buying one for himself - a flying palace
ly RMA! ID 8668
Proud Member of Kiwi Alliance
"THE African Experience"

LOT 737-300

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: February 08, 2008, 02:12:25 pm
Quote from: "AirHanoverInternational"
Just some advices to you (I am playing AM since last round and those may not be perfect but may help you a bit. Ok, I am No.1 in Central America :wink: ). :

At THIS stage of the game try to find airports worth 200k/250k a gate (have not checked if there are still some available).
Connect ALL airports (maybe not those <50,000 pax) that are close to this airport to your base.
Check competition on the routes BEFORE renting a gate. It does not make sense to rent a gate e.g. at Heathrow as the competition will probably have ALL european airports <200k connected to Heathrow and may run them on low fares already which means you will not get any profit from those routes.
Do not even think of starting long haul operations until you have no airports close to your base connected to it.
When you have around 5-6 gates at you base filled up with flights look for a second base. This one should not be too far away from your first one. Then you will be able to create new routes to the destionations you have chosen from your first hub. Re-using the gates is a good way to save money instead of spending more on new gates.

Last but not least about aircrafts:
Do NOT save the money three real days long doing nothing to order a Boeing 737. In those days you could have bought a lot smaller aircrafts which will give you a higher profit than a single 737.
Also, do NOT lease in a B737 or a bigger one. I am sure you will spend more money on running it then you will receive from it. I still have some smaller aircrafts flying around giving me not the highest profit but still enough that I am not considering to replace them at the moment. The aircrafts I buy I need for creating NEW routes.
The good thing for you right now is that many people get rid of their older and smaller aircraft. Take a look at the used market. There are some cheap aircrafts to buy.

Remember: the above given advices are just for your specific case starting late in this round. At the beginning of the next round you may have to change parts of the strategy. Feel free to drop me a PM if you need some more help.

Actually, you can fly to those with less than 50K pax and do ok, and flying to 50K airports might actually make you a small fortune (read as SMALL fortune, between 3.3K and 10K depending where you're based at and what you fly to those airports), plus you have a smaller chance of getting chased out by big competition. The rest of what you say though I would also agree with.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk