Airline Mogul Forum

I think AM is already oversatured.

a1b23 · 50 · 9312

a1b23

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #30 on: February 09, 2008, 03:43:25 am
In europe there is only 1 airpory over 13M in Europe with a gate left Moscow Demdovo or the other one, i a week real time you will be lucky to get an airport with 1M
1b23

pseudoswede

• Airline Manager
  • Play to win, not imitate.
    • View Profile
Reply #31 on: February 09, 2008, 04:09:13 am
Quote from: "dktc"

The next round would most likely either be 75~79, or 80~89... but it has not been decided yet. We will see how it goes~

I vote for 5-year rounds until multi-worlds is fully operational.

Planet Express Airways
Member of the FT Alliance
ID: 3446

Opinions expressed in my posts are suggestions to achieve maximum airline value and top rankings.
If you do not wish for either, then feel free to ignore.

ChinaPacific

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #32 on: February 09, 2008, 06:42:51 am
the situation in Asia also not good..
img]http://www.airlinemogul.com/airlinelogos/CNP970203A.gif[/img]
________We Treasure Each Encounter________

flyingscotsman

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #33 on: February 09, 2008, 09:54:18 am
I agree china airways - oh and thanks for the A300s on the little routes :(
ly RMA! ID 8668
Proud Member of Kiwi Alliance
"THE African Experience"

LOT 737-300

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #34 on: February 09, 2008, 06:36:52 pm
After spending about an hour resetting some 20-30 routes, I think I figured out what may be causing the problems with crowding. Oddly enough, it feels like the alliance flights may be it. Some players get suckered into joining a mega-alliance, the next thing they know they got 732s and A300s galore being sent in by their largest comrades (why people join these alliances is beyond me). I think we may need a reform in alliance flight logic? Probebly from one persons base to the others while giving a small increase in LF as well as between other alliance bases? It seems like this would take care of at least 40% of the overcrowding here, since it seems like just simply allowing any 5-20 routes is sorta drifting away from the reasons we are allowed only 6 bases, since the one to fill up those bases with huge planes are usually the largest ones in that alliance anyways within minutes sorta also reminds us of why we are given only 6 bases max. I'm part of a much smaller alliance, and if we are going to operate from each other's bases, we make sure we agree on it first, since we don't want to be wrecking each other.

quatzalcoatl

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #35 on: February 10, 2008, 05:12:44 pm
what do you guys have?
my airline is based in europe and i cant feel a thing about oversaturation. ofcourse, im based at poprad-tatry (only 100,000 pax) , but i fly to large ones like frankurt and i dont have much competition, i usually update a route per day. also there is one more advantage flying loadsa small routes: if you get competition an a route, you hardly feel it at all in your balance. so stop complaining an get more inventitive.
wesome Airlines - We get you there, probably...

Seattle

• Airline Senior Manager
  • Hello! Send me a PM!
    • View Profile
Reply #36 on: February 10, 2008, 05:18:22 pm
Quote from: "flyingscotsman"
I agree china airways - oh and thanks for the A300s on the little routes :(

I couldnt disagree with you more. You have to look out side of the box (hmmm... maybe airports with less than 10 million pax)
British Pan Airways (BPA)

Serving London Heathrow to You and the Rest of the World!

Fly with our lie-flat beds in first and business class on all longhaul planes!

~BPA, Relax, Enjoy, Fly.

LOT 737-300

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #37 on: February 10, 2008, 05:29:58 pm
Quote from: "quatzalcoatl"
what do you guys have?
my airline is based in europe and i cant feel a thing about oversaturation. ofcourse, im based at poprad-tatry (only 100,000 pax) , but i fly to large ones like frankurt and i dont have much competition, i usually update a route per day. also there is one more advantage flying loadsa small routes: if you get competition an a route, you hardly feel it at all in your balance. so stop complaining an get more inventitive.

I know what you mean, I'm based out of Rzeszow and Kharkov usually (and last round Kalingrad Khrabrovo(sp?)), all of them made good profits and were usually stable as was my Clermont base, but I do notice if someone gets on routes going in to those airports, but try flying close to 500 routes to pretty much everywhere on a map, small routes are great, but you gotta balance them, though I don't notice any saturation that is that serious, other than that caused when someone joins a mega alliance. The reason most people are complaing about Saturation is that most of them can't get gates at the airports they want, which itself is mostly involves the big airports (though dosn't bother me, I'm not trying to base at anything larger than 10 mil, that would be suicide for most airlines.)

Scandalian Airlines

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #38 on: February 10, 2008, 05:39:50 pm
It also depends on the alliance you join, United Sky Group has a max of 20 alliance flights per member in total, and all our members has set the max slots from any player at any hub to be 2. Therefore, a bigwig like me cannot flood Cornfields or Pacfic hubs with tons of flights.
img]http://www.lsn.se/televisionset/ScandalianAnimated.gif[/img]
Your skyrocket to elsewhere

thecoffeecake

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #39 on: February 10, 2008, 09:52:43 pm
so after every round, everything gets reset? We lose all our planes and routes and start with 500,000 euros again

Scandalian Airlines

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #40 on: February 11, 2008, 05:20:18 am
Quote from: "thecoffeecake"
so after every round, everything gets reset? We lose all our planes and routes and start with 500,000 euros again

Yup :)
img]http://www.lsn.se/televisionset/ScandalianAnimated.gif[/img]
Your skyrocket to elsewhere

rocketboy

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #41 on: February 11, 2008, 03:18:29 pm
I agree that the alliance function is too easily exploited. I have a base at Guam with a decent amount of routes and yet in terms of passenger traffic I am second on the list to a high ranked North American based airline that isn't even based there! This airline is using alliance bases all over Asia to fly 4 gates worth of wide bodies into Guam. If you check the departures and arrivals you see that this airline has not a single departing flight listed. I don't think it's in the spirit of the 'alliance' idea that large airlines can exploit the system to the point that they become the largest airline even at airports where they are not based!

Sometimes I look at route maps on airlines' pages and see that their routes originate from about 20 bases and that even though they are based in Europe, for example, they have a large domestic network in the US. I can't understand why the other members of the alliance accept this way of playing. If I was based at JFK and an alliance member used my base to create an obviously lucrative route like JFK-ORD I would be kind of pissed.

I think that somehow connecting at each others hubs and functional codesharing should be the basis of the alliance system, not preying on small airlines' bases to build airlines with, in effect, bases on every continent.
URL=http://imageshack.us][/URL]

Blue Sky Mine

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #42 on: February 11, 2008, 04:40:16 pm
If you don't want these guys in your alliance, make clear rules (and punish members that disobey those) :roll:
EO Blue Sky Mine (XAI), ID 2041

Mein Maserati fährt 210,
Schwupp, die Polizei hat´s nicht geseh´n,
das macht Spaß!
Ich geb Gas, ich geb Gas

pseudoswede

• Airline Manager
  • Play to win, not imitate.
    • View Profile
Reply #43 on: February 11, 2008, 04:49:47 pm
Quote from: "Blue Sky Mine"
If you don't want these guys in your alliance, make clear rules (and punish members that disobey those) :roll:

Problem is.. you can't punish them. Unless you flood the route yourself (which is somewhat counter-productive). I did post a suggestion of being able to vote out alliance members who don't follow rules.

Planet Express Airways
Member of the FT Alliance
ID: 3446

Opinions expressed in my posts are suggestions to achieve maximum airline value and top rankings.
If you do not wish for either, then feel free to ignore.

Blue Sky Mine

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #44 on: February 11, 2008, 04:52:46 pm
You can't kick him out like this. But a) you can flood his routes and b) you can start an email petition against the member.
EO Blue Sky Mine (XAI), ID 2041

Mein Maserati fährt 210,
Schwupp, die Polizei hat´s nicht geseh´n,
das macht Spaß!
Ich geb Gas, ich geb Gas

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk