a1b23 · 50 · 9311

AirHanoverInternational

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: February 06, 2008, 07:49:32 am
Quote from: "epxair"
Quote from: "zkvac"
Everyone just want's the glory of going long haul etc, so they do it ASAP. Nobody (except people like ALFC) actually realise the profits to be made doing lots of shorthaul as well.

don't forget me as well... :D

me too :wink:
an (AirHanoverInternational ID:5980)

seafly4fun

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: February 06, 2008, 08:06:32 am
Quote from: "AirHanoverInternational"
Everyone just want's the glory of going long haul etc, so they do it ASAP. Nobody (except people like ALFC) actually realise the profits to be made doing lots of shorthaul as well.

I've just learned about short hauls and doing stuff out of smaller airports. Sure it isn't as fancy as flying out of the bigger airports but I think that the pros for the smaller airports and short hauls far out weigh the cons. I'm not out to be number 1 in my alliance or in the game but I do have goals and have met them so far :) Actually now that I think about it I wonder if there is a feeling of saturation because there are players that are no longer playing. Rather then deactivating their accounts they keep the account open. And it takes 21 days for an account to be auto bankrupt and that is a lot of time, a lot of wasted ac and a lot of wasted gates that people could buy and use. Hmmm maybe the auto bankrupt should happen at the end of two weeks rather then almost a full real time month?
ttp://www.airlinemogul.com/airlinemogul/view_airline.php?id=8248
MCLR where we put the boogie in air travel!

Blue Sky Mine

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: February 06, 2008, 08:19:04 am
Me2, but I can't afford to update 200 routes 10 times per day
EO Blue Sky Mine (XAI), ID 2041

Mein Maserati fährt 210,
Schwupp, die Polizei hat´s nicht geseh´n,
das macht Spaß!
Ich geb Gas, ich geb Gas

epxair

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: February 06, 2008, 08:39:14 am
Quote from: "seafly4fun"

I've just learned about short hauls and doing stuff out of smaller airports. Sure it isn't as fancy as flying out of the bigger airports but I think that the pros for the smaller airports and short hauls far out weigh the cons. I'm not out to be number 1 in my alliance or in the game but I do have goals and have met them so far :) Actually now that I think about it I wonder if there is a feeling of saturation because there are players that are no longer playing. Rather then deactivating their accounts they keep the account open. And it takes 21 days for an account to be auto bankrupt and that is a lot of time, a lot of wasted ac and a lot of wasted gates that people could buy and use. Hmmm maybe the auto bankrupt should happen at the end of two weeks rather then almost a full real time month?
uropacific Air.....id: 4659
A member of Universal Empire Alliance
Partners: British Airways, Vladivostok Avia, Virgin America, Airblue

designed by killian320

epxair

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: February 06, 2008, 08:41:23 am
Quote from: "seafly4fun"

inactivating accounts won't reduce competitions..........it only releases gates......
also....at present....it is far from saturation as ALFC said....
it's because there are longer ranges aircrafts in 1970s.....we have plenty more airports to fly ......

i think this round should be a 10 year round..
uropacific Air.....id: 4659
A member of Universal Empire Alliance
Partners: British Airways, Vladivostok Avia, Virgin America, Airblue

designed by killian320

ALFC

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: February 06, 2008, 09:19:57 am
Quote from: "Blue Sky Mine"
Me2, but I can't afford to update 200 routes 10 times per day

i think 5 year is very very good for this round, due to the reason specified by bluesky.
given the still massive growth, 10 year round would simply go into an unbearable grind. right now, we already witness that only two people in the top5 are willing or able to keep up with the growth of their airlines. if it was a 10 year round i would assume that the fun part would be lost for about everyone.

i am actually suprised that there are so many players in the top20 with so many over80 LF, i personally find the current round to bealready unplayable in the daily time i am willing to spend on the game, even though i am most likely the most "playtime efficient" player out there.
LFC - Melmac Spacelines

Jps

• Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: February 06, 2008, 10:13:14 am
Quote from: "Seattle"
There used to be airports on antartica. However, they long disapered :lol:

Please don't mind this guy. There's three airports in Antarctica.

ID: 5000 ~ Flying Beyond The Stars

MarioDooley

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: February 07, 2008, 10:43:14 pm
I joined in the middle of the last game round, and that was REALLY saturated! It's not half as bad now, it is just because everyone is looking at the BIG airports (so it really reflects reality there). I've bases at two of the big airports in Europe and I can't really do much because most routes are realy competitive, so I opened bases at 4 smaller airports and turned my game around. Very little competition on my routes from there.....If you broaden your horizons you can really make strides in this round as there's plenty of space around!
er Ballyfermot ID 8107

West Dublin's Premier Airline

Getting You There.....Someday!

seafly4fun

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: February 08, 2008, 02:57:28 am
Moral of the topic: Bigger isn't always better  :P
ttp://www.airlinemogul.com/airlinemogul/view_airline.php?id=8248
MCLR where we put the boogie in air travel!

MvH

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: February 08, 2008, 01:21:57 pm

I just can't wait till the next reset. A 5 year round is more than enough.

flyingscotsman

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: February 08, 2008, 01:31:35 pm
I quite like my airline - would like to see it mature over the 10 years!!!
ly RMA! ID 8668
Proud Member of Kiwi Alliance
"THE African Experience"

LOT 737-300

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: February 08, 2008, 01:37:12 pm
Quote from: "MvH"

I just can't wait till the next reset. A 5 year round is more than enough.

I'm really not sure about that, I guess it depends where you base, if you base at + 10 million pax airports, you're obviosuly going to get overwhelmed with compeition compared to airports below 8 million pax (reason I have a gap between 8 and 10 mil here is because to me, that seems a bit like a skechy area.) Both this round and last round were 5 year rounds, and I'll tell you what, I had plenty of room to move around and last round, I think I was flying some 400 or 500 routes (I need to check this up when I get home, I have a picture of my stats on the last "day" of the 1950s round.

RMAirlines

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: February 08, 2008, 01:44:06 pm
Is the next round going to be a 15 year long one? I've been here since the beginning, but only have a 500,000,000 airline value.
ly Atlantic Southeastern Airlines, your gateway to the Southeastern US and the Caribbean!
ID 8575

thecoffeecake

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: February 09, 2008, 03:10:27 am
the whole round thing is confusing. Is each game decade a round? And 10 real years for a reset? If each round is a decade, what happens when the next decade comes around. This is all so odd.

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: February 09, 2008, 03:23:14 am
Each round is supposed to be a decade (from 1 Jan x0 ~ 24 Dec x9), but we cut this one short because the game was so overly saturated by 64/65 last round. Even though we alter some cost and lf, we didn't know if this round could last. Adding to that, we were hoping multi-world could be launched by the end of this round, which doesn't look that way right now.

The next round would most likely either be 75~79, or 80~89... but it has not been decided yet. We will see how it goes~
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk