Airline Mogul Forum

New month?

seafly4fun

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: February 01, 2008, 03:55:47 am
I live in Seattle and the new month starts at a little past 1am Seattle time. Right now I am in Chicago on holiday. Will the new month start a little past Chicago time or Seattle time?
ttp://www.airlinemogul.com/airlinemogul/view_airline.php?id=8248
MCLR where we put the boogie in air travel!

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: February 01, 2008, 04:10:28 am
It is 20 Dec, 72. We go from 24 Dec, 72 to 1 Jan, 73. It is 23:10 in Chicago I think :? (I suck with timezones, but seeing that I am 100mi away from Chicago, I would assume that.... :roll: ), so please do your own calculation.
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

seafly4fun

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: February 01, 2008, 04:16:16 am
So it'll reset at 1:10 Chicago time and not 1:110 Seattle time where I am usually at?

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: February 01, 2008, 04:41:03 am
If it is in fact 23:40 in Chicago, the month will change at 03:00 Chicago time.
Every game day = an hour in real life. The day change occur on top of an hour.

There is a time difference between Chicago and Seattle, and the game clock have not been switched. So... would the game time still be the same in reference to the local real time?

No "reset" will occur at that time.
D Express (id 616) 8)

CornField

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: February 02, 2008, 05:06:20 pm
Quote from: "dktc"
It is 20 Dec, 72. We go from 24 Dec, 72 to 1 Jan, 73. It is 23:10 in Chicago I think :? (I suck with timezones, but seeing that I am 100mi away from Chicago, I would assume that.... :roll: ), so please do your own calculation.

Howdy neighbor!!!!

My home is almost exactly 100mi from the Chicago border.  Probably not in the same direction though.

Chicago(and the entire central time zone) is -6 GMT.  Seattle would be -8 GMT.  So the monthly reset is 2 hours ahead of Seattle.  I can't give you a local time, as I have already lost my track this round......

Your  Favorite Hometown Airline

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: February 02, 2008, 05:57:51 pm
ok... what Cornfield and myself are saying is not the same... now I am confused :?

Anyway, listen to Cornfield instead
D Express (id 616) 8)

CornField

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: February 02, 2008, 09:48:45 pm
Quote from: "seafly4fun"
I live in Seattle and the new month starts at a little past 1am Seattle time. Right now I am in Chicago on holiday. Will the new month start a little past Chicago time or Seattle time?

Ironically, I was in Seattle this week for an interview.....

What D said was technically correct.  If the month change was 1am Seattle time(PST) it would be 3am Chicago time(CST).

And US time zones really aren't confusing, until you wake up in one thinking your in another one.

Time zones go east to west. and there are only 7 time zones for the US.   But only 4 of those pertain to the continental US.

But when I say the Central Standard time zone is -6 GMT, what I am saying is that it is 6 hours behind Greenwich Mean Time.  When Daylight Savings time is implemented in the spring the Central time zone, then known as Central Daylight Time, or CDT becomes -5 GMT.

Blue Sky Mine

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: February 02, 2008, 11:22:24 pm
Time zones go east to west. and there are only 7 time zones for the US. But only 4 of those pertain to the continental US.

Only :shock:

You know that all of continental middle/western Europe and scandinavia only have one time zone?
EO Blue Sky Mine (XAI), ID 2041

Mein Maserati fährt 210,
Schwupp, die Polizei hat´s nicht geseh´n,
das macht Spaß!
Ich geb Gas, ich geb Gas

CornField

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: February 03, 2008, 01:25:46 am
Quote from: "Blue Sky Mine"
Time zones go east to west. and there are only 7 time zones for the US. But only 4 of those pertain to the continental US.

Only :shock:

You know that all of continental middle/western Europe and scandinavia only have one time zone?

And roughly the same travel distance as one time zone in the US.  There is a VERY good reason that New York is 7 hours ahead of Honolulu....

Blue Sky Mine

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: February 03, 2008, 09:48:19 am
I know... otherwise it'd give the east coast an interesting setting of day/nighttime :lol:
EO Blue Sky Mine (XAI), ID 2041

Mein Maserati fährt 210,
Schwupp, die Polizei hat´s nicht geseh´n,
das macht Spaß!
Ich geb Gas, ich geb Gas

seafly4fun

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: February 05, 2008, 04:01:42 pm
I've been busy running around Chicago the last couple days but this is what happened. As I stated I live in Seattle and the month resets itself shortly after 1am pacific standard time. Half of last week and up till today  :cry: I am in ORD and for me the game reset shortly after 3am. WOW this time zone thing can be really confusing sometimes.

CornField

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: February 05, 2008, 11:45:04 pm
I've been busy running around Chicago the last couple days but this is what happened. As I stated I live in Seattle and the month resets itself shortly after 1am pacific standard time. Half of last week and up till today  :cry: I am in ORD and for me the game reset shortly after 3am. WOW this time zone thing can be really confusing sometimes.

3 am in Chicago, is 1 am in Seattle.....

I might end up being your neighbor.  My interview went VERY well.  I have to go back in a few weeks for a follow-up....

Seattle

• Airline Senior Manager
  • Hello! Send me a PM!
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: February 05, 2008, 11:59:59 pm
Quote from: "CornField"

I might end up being your neighbor.  My interview went VERY well.  I have to go back in a few weeks for a follow-up....

Congrats. What are you applying for? (not to be nosy)
British Pan Airways (BPA)

Serving London Heathrow to You and the Rest of the World!

Fly with our lie-flat beds in first and business class on all longhaul planes!

~BPA, Relax, Enjoy, Fly.

seafly4fun

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: February 06, 2008, 06:56:35 am
Quote from: "CornField"

If it is at Starbucks just say NO.

LOT 737-300

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: February 06, 2008, 02:28:08 pm
And lets make things more confusing, places, like Florida and Tennessee are split in half with the time zones. Also, if I do remember correctly, I don't think that Indiana does not do daylights savings, so one day, they could be on Chicago Time, then the next resetting they'll be on NYC time. Thats if I remember well, unless something changed recently.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk