Airline Mogul Forum

747s too slow

moondog

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: January 26, 2008, 08:43:19 pm
Hi.  I've spent enough time on 747s to know that they cruise much faster than 490-5 mph.  I think the proper figure is closer to 590 iirc.

LOT 737-300

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: January 26, 2008, 10:32:00 pm
I think if you supply reliable data for it, it can be very helpful. Most of these were found using "Janes All The World's Aircraft", which literally has almost all the world's aircraft.

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: January 26, 2008, 11:08:22 pm
Will take a look into it. Unfortunately, most of those old entries (ie. popular jets) are inaccurate. Don't ask me why. I don't even know who to ask that question :roll:

I have been updating some old entries, seeing that they are really buggy. However, when you are reading 50 400~500-page books for a plane that has like 10 engine variants at a time.... it is kinda annoying to update data, especially when you are reading the older articles and the engines don't match up with the ones already in the database~ :roll: (Planes like B747's, 767's, A300's, 310's... etc. all have their engines updated as time passes.) As a result, I hate confirming data. It is not even my job really :roll:

According to JAWA's max cruising for B747's should be about 520-ish kts (~600 mph). Weird thing is the speed displayed in kts, while the range is in mi in game. :? Completely weird.
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: January 26, 2008, 11:44:55 pm
Daniel, thats a bug that will be fixed when we get a reset available to fix it.
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk