Airline Mogul Forum

Question

Midwest15

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: January 26, 2008, 12:04:57 pm
I'm totally confused on why im in the red below I will show you the stats and the hopefully someone can explain to me why im in the red.....

DOP=603K(What does DOP mean?)
ACash=-3mil
AValue=-53k
LoadFactor=100%

I looked in the finance section too and it said I would make 8mill in profits projected......am i being impatient?
etting the Standard for Commuter Airlines...

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: January 26, 2008, 12:06:48 pm
I would say a month change passed and you paid all the monthly fees, including gate rents, plane leases, maintenance... etc.

Post your player's id if you want someone to confirm that for you.
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: January 26, 2008, 12:07:02 pm
DOP Means Daily Operating Profit. Its more of a contribution. Ever hour in real life that figure is added onto your cash. At the month change (Between the 24th and the 1st of a new month) costs are taken away.

If you post your Airline ID (Found by going to the "Admin" page and then on the top right.) I can look at why your value is so low.
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

Midwest15

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: January 26, 2008, 12:09:37 pm
****ps its gradually going up but still kind confused value wise, but dop is now clicking in the brain lol

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: January 26, 2008, 12:14:43 pm
Your leases caused that.

You basically paid the lease rate when you take out the lease, and then again between 24 Jun, and 1 Jul. As a result, you paid twice within several hours for 2 planes I think. Creating routes cost money for market research and you have created several routes right before month change.

You should start rolling in money this month. I don't see any issue on the surface.

Leased in fleet would drain you value though because you don't have much asset under your own name (ie. you don't have your own plane).
D Express (id 616) 8)

Midwest15

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: January 26, 2008, 12:15:52 pm
cool thanks for the help

waerth

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: January 26, 2008, 12:31:30 pm
Save up to buy your own planes. Leasing usually only costs money in my experience. Some lease rates might work if you are in Europe or North America, but not if you are elsewhere. Look at the second hand aircraft market and see if you can cheaply get some smaller planes.

Good luck and I hope you have a lot of fun.

Waerth

Jps

• Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: January 26, 2008, 12:33:37 pm
NEVER lease unless it's a 50.000 per month lease 777-200ER from Dora in the 2000's round.  :lol:

But there's now a 5% minimum leasing rate now..  :cry:

Even though you have more routes with leased planes.. you can get more profit from fully owned planes with fewer routes

ID: 5000 ~ Flying Beyond The Stars

waerth

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: January 26, 2008, 12:37:11 pm
Thanks JPS for concurring with me. I am in cold and windy Hong Kong now btw. Will be happy when I am in Bangkok again on monday.

Anyway to the OP: Keep you eyes on this page: http://www.airlinemogul.com/airlinemogul/recently_added.php

If you are the first one flying to the new destinations it can benefit you for a few hours as you can get a high revenue from the route.

Waerth

iranair777

• Brokers
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: January 26, 2008, 12:39:44 pm
Quote from: "Jps"
NEVER lease unless it's a 50.000 per month lease 777-200ER from Dora in the 2000's round.  :lol:

But there's now a 5% minimum leasing rate now..  :cry:

Even though you have more routes with leased planes.. you can get more profit from fully owned planes with fewer routes

dora used to lease out 50,000 772ER's!! bring on the 90's!!

you can make money out of leasing, but you have to be very careful of what plane you choose (rangewise, passenger wise etc.) and the amount you are paying for it. At the moment I am leasing 12 or so 737-200adv's at a haggled price of 2 million each and making about 2-4million a real life day which has taken me to where I am now.

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: January 26, 2008, 12:46:56 pm
The lease rates Midwest15 is on now is not bad. He could survive on the planes if needed.
D Express (id 616) 8)

waerth

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: January 26, 2008, 12:55:34 pm
Also look to your specific routes. I noticed you use F27's I have replaced all my F27's with VFW-613's with which I earn more than with the f27's because the VFW is faster so 1 VFW can fly to more destinations. But it depends on how many short destination potential you have. Just because a plane is popular in fame doesn't mean it is the best choice! For instance my best VFW has a DOP of €304,866 per day! Which means because it is a 11 mill aircraft it pays itself back in roughly 1 day and 16 hours.

Again best of luck.

Waerth

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk