Airline Mogul Forum

the "i work but still play AM" thread

ALFC · 36 · 6261

ALFC

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: January 25, 2008, 09:21:26 am
hi, lets gather, people who are no longer in school etc and dont have hours and hours to waste on am, yet still play!
how do all you "working people" manage? i am sure that our playingstyle is very different to the percieved majority of "minors or students who dont have to manage their time efficiently"

i am usually checking into am once or twice during work, to order new planes, besides that i am usually limited to "15-20 minutes of putting new planes on a route" in the moring and maybe 45 minutes of whatever makes sense in the evening.
i also have the AM chat open when at work and visit it(and the forum) every now and then!
LFC - Melmac Spacelines

waerth

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: January 25, 2008, 09:56:48 am
my work is on the net from home. Which means I am glued to the laptop for 10-12 hours anyway. I usually give myself 5-10 minute breaks and then check on the airline with 3x 30 minutes a day. This is when I do not have to wait for my programmer to finish his job. Because if that is the case I have oceans of time.

Apart from that I play comedy in a Thai comedygroup in the evenings and play in tv shows and movies every now and then.

Waerth

MvH

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: January 25, 2008, 03:21:23 pm
I have a job at AMS  8)

During work I usually check AM once or twice a day, when I have time for it. At work, I only adjust my routes and don't open any new routes (takes too much time).

Scandalian Airlines

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: January 25, 2008, 04:05:31 pm
I check in to AM a couple of times during my work day, I sit behind a darn conputer for 10 hours at work, and when I get home I sit behind another one for leisure as well, lol :)

Sometimes I edit some routes, sometimes I add a couple of new ones, but my main AM time is an "edit route frenzy" 6.00 in the morning (Sorry DAK :lol:) while eating breakfast, and a 30-45 minutes of creating routes  just before bedtime.
My bosses pay me big bucks to work, not play AM, those buggers :D
img]http://www.lsn.se/televisionset/ScandalianAnimated.gif[/img]
Your skyrocket to elsewhere

TitanAir1

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: January 25, 2008, 05:10:53 pm
I'm going to be flogged for it, but I'm still a student. Barely. I'm about to graduate college, and I work full time at a large GA airport. I work more than I go to school. but anyway, I check on this at work 2 - 3 times a day. But it depends on the weather too. Like if its stormy or icy or something, and no one flies, I waste a lot of time toying with my routes and aircraft.

nwadeltaboy

• Airline Senior Manager
  • AM's official Spammer. Check my post counts.
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: January 25, 2008, 11:10:32 pm
im a high school student

usually try to sneak an AM check in during computer activity or an after-school activity :lol:

CornField

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: January 26, 2008, 01:08:55 am
AM is blocked at work for me....

So I get on when I have a chance...  In the evenings when I am answering e-mails for my business, or moderating one of the forums, or when I need a break from writing technical articles.....

Your  Favorite Hometown Airline

mahka42

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: January 26, 2008, 04:12:45 am
not really "working"...a graduate student.  i log in for maybe an hour each evening to do the plane and routes things.  though the more routes i have, the more time it's taking to modify them.  but that's about it.  good thing most planes arrive in multiples of 24 "days" so if i log in at about the same time each night, they're all waiting.
ember Networld Alliance

Designed by killian320

sla31

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: January 26, 2008, 04:14:04 am
Quote from: "nwaboy"
im a high school student

usually try to sneak an AM check in during computer activity or an after-school activity :lol:

I have my own computer at school and I'm on AM basically all day.
Bryce Rea

waerth

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: January 26, 2008, 04:21:34 am
Quote from: "sla31"
im a high school student

I have my own computer at school and I'm on AM basically all day.

Hmm how about classes?

Waerth

Seattle

• Airline Senior Manager
  • Hello! Send me a PM!
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: January 26, 2008, 04:25:20 am
im a high school student

you said you were 13......  :?
British Pan Airways (BPA)

Serving London Heathrow to You and the Rest of the World!

Fly with our lie-flat beds in first and business class on all longhaul planes!

~BPA, Relax, Enjoy, Fly.

sla31

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: January 26, 2008, 04:30:43 am
I'm a senior this year and I have almost all of my core classes completed so most of my classes are electives that I do nothing in.  Today I ate at school 4 times because of my elective classes.  The rest of the time we do nothing and so AM comes up.
Bryce Rea

Seattle

• Airline Senior Manager
  • Hello! Send me a PM!
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: January 26, 2008, 04:37:01 am
Quote from: "sla31"
I'm a senior this year and I have almost all of my core classes completed so most of my classes are electives that I do nothing in.  Today I ate at school 4 times because of my elective classes.  The rest of the time we do nothing and so AM comes up.

okay...... :lol: Im a student in 8th grade, with no relief from hw and in that term, am not looking forwords to high school.....
British Pan Airways (BPA)

Serving London Heathrow to You and the Rest of the World!

Fly with our lie-flat beds in first and business class on all longhaul planes!

~BPA, Relax, Enjoy, Fly.

sla31

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: January 26, 2008, 04:38:11 am
Trust me I did a lot my first three years so I could have an easy senior year.
Bryce Rea

sla31

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: January 26, 2008, 04:39:53 am
In fact, I did a lot of my new logos at school today. :lol:
Bryce Rea

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk