Airline Mogul Forum

Luanda airport - Angola

zosorock

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: January 16, 2008, 10:30:27 pm
I was trying to add the Angola airport in Luanda (4 de Fevereiro - LAD - FNLU) and the system said it is already in the database. Does anyone know how can I find it?

It is not under Africa under the letter L, Q (for 'Quatro de Fevereiro') nor A (for Angola).

Thank you!
b]Grifo Airways[/b] - "Live in your world. Fly in ours."

"I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things." ~Antoine de St-Exupery

Chavaquiah

• Airline Supervisor
  • E outra vez conquistaremos a Distância
    • View Profile
    • SkyPact-Concept Alliance
Reply #1 on: January 16, 2008, 10:44:05 pm
LAD - Aeroporto 4 de Fevereiro

Code: [Select]
Code     Airport Name               Passengers     Gates    Cost     Cargo       Country          
LAD      Aeroporto 4 de Fevereiro   742,629        46       50,000   0           Angola

AirHanoverInternational

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: January 16, 2008, 11:14:48 pm
Quote from: "zosorock"
I was trying to add the Angola airport in Luanda (4 de Fevereiro - LAD - FNLU) and the system said it is already in the database. Does anyone know how can I find it?

It is not under Africa under the letter L, Q (for 'Quatro de Fevereiro') nor A (for Angola).

Thank you!

You may find airports via the "Rent Gate" page. In the field "Show data by" you need to select "Search". Then enter the three letter code of the airport you are looking for.
an (AirHanoverInternational ID:5980)

zosorock

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: January 17, 2008, 01:33:22 am
Quote from: "AirHanoverInternational"

You may find airports via the "Rent Gate" page. In the field "Show data by" you need to select "Search". Then enter the three letter code of the airport you are looking for.

Oh I see, thank you guys! In the research page it is coming up under "Aeroporto 4 de Fevereiro". There is no reference to Angola or Luanda so it was hard to find :roll:

"I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things." ~Antoine de St-Exupery

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: January 17, 2008, 09:50:05 am
Most names come from the GCM.

http://gc.kls2.com/airport/LAD

As you can see there the airport name is "Aeroporto 4 de Fevereiro". Although I do know from an Irish perspective it can be horribly wrong, if the propper name is different we would be happy to update it.
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

zosorock

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: January 17, 2008, 11:51:20 pm
It is the proper Portuguese spelling and all, just hard to find. Since it is the Angolan capital airport, perhaps it would be good if it could be changed to "Luanda - 4 de Fevereiro" to make it easier for people to find on the list :) Or, of course, if we could have a "by country" filter. Just an idea  :D

Thank you!

Chavaquiah

• Airline Supervisor
  • E outra vez conquistaremos a Distância
    • View Profile
    • SkyPact-Concept Alliance
Reply #6 on: January 17, 2008, 11:59:28 pm
Oh, but we do have a filter by country.  :)

When you go to the Rent-a-Gate page there is a drop-down list box that allows you to search by country. That's how I found LDA.

BTW and off-topic: I only landed once in Luanda... before it was called 4 de Fevereiro.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk