Airline Mogul Forum

starliner range is a bit misleading

moondog

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: January 11, 2008, 11:31:59 am
Hello.  I found out today --through experience-- that the Starliner's true range (within the context of the game) is significantly shorter than the advertised 7194.  Actually, it's a (semi-obvious) feature of the plane's speed, but the farthest it can go in 24 hours is 6776 miles ({24-0.39 turn time}*287).

Jps

• Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: January 11, 2008, 11:41:59 am
Turn-time is not yet added to the speed nor range  :roll: . A turn is made when the aircraft goes to the gates.

ID: 5000 ~ Flying Beyond The Stars

AirHanoverInternational

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: January 11, 2008, 12:23:52 pm
Quote from: "Jps"
Turn-time is not yet added to the speed nor range  :roll: . A turn is made when the aircraft goes to the gates.

At the end of a flight the aircraft needs a turn time. His value is right. (Didnt I tell you some days ago I wonder about your maths capabilities? :wink: )
an (AirHanoverInternational ID:5980)

Air Elbonia

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: January 11, 2008, 09:37:01 pm
Quote from: "moondog"
Hello.  I found out today --through experience-- that the Starliner's true range (within the context of the game) is significantly shorter than the advertised 7194.  Actually, it's a (semi-obvious) feature of the plane's speed, but the farthest it can go in 24 hours is 6776 miles ({24-0.39 turn time}*287).

Hmm... I'll have a word with Balint and see if we can't get an "Effective Range" column in the buy/req pages [which would be the formula as you illustrated].  Maybe someday we can break out of 24 hour caps like real airlines, but unfortunately for now we're kinda stuck with them as we have no real effective manner of otherwise appropriating it by day.
Air Elbonia, First in Time Travel since 2073!  (AEB ID in Game: 333)

moondog

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: January 12, 2008, 02:35:29 am
Quote from: "Air Elbonia"
Quote from: "moondog"

Hmm... I'll have a word with Balint and see if we can't get an "Effective Range" column in the buy/req pages [which would be the formula as you illustrated].  Maybe someday we can break out of 24 hour caps like real airlines, but unfortunately for now we're kinda stuck with them as we have no real effective manner of otherwise appropriating it by day.

Considering the number of planes affected is most certainly less than 5, I think your idea might fall into the overkill "column".  Perhaps you could simply reset the range on the plane to whatever it actually is in 24 hours (no need to go by my math since you guys know the true numbers).

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk