on: January 10, 2008, 12:31:04 am
I just noticed this:

I create a route from BKK to CMB
CMB has 2,895,234 potential
There is no competition on this route
Distance is: 1483NM
Route ID: http://www.airlinemogul.com/airlinemogul/view_route.php?id=70013
I fly with a Caravelle 12
I am able to only charge 405 Euro for this route.

Now we have a route:
From BKK to SYX
SYX has 3,905,956 potential which is roughly 1.000.000 more then CMB
There is heavy competition on this route
Distance is: 659NM
Route ID: http://www.airlinemogul.com/airlinemogul/view_route.php?id=36172
I fly with a F27-500 others fly with Caravelle's
I can charge 599 Euro's for this route
Others can charge 455 Euro's and up!
The route is heavily congested, it is a short range route. Why can I charge more on this route as opposed to the Sri Lanka route?

It seems a bit out of whack to me. A heavily congested route earns you more than a no competition route.

Waerth

nwadeltaboy

• Airline Senior Manager
  • AM's official Spammer. Check my post counts.
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: January 10, 2008, 02:10:40 am
stop... :roll: i can see spam arguments flaring up in a General Chat thread, but a Bug thread...? :?

*edited by dktc: thus those spamming posts above are deleted. :evil: *

bibi974

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: January 10, 2008, 05:04:18 am
the F275 is a smaller capacity aircraft than the caravelle isn't it?
URL=http://www.airlinemogul.com/airlinemogul/view_airline.php?id=5435][/URL]

You never rose that high!

Seattle

• Airline Senior Manager
  • Hello! Send me a PM!
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: January 10, 2008, 05:10:24 am
I think its just the circumstances of you having a Fokker and the other plane... (different seating)
British Pan Airways (BPA)

Serving London Heathrow to You and the Rest of the World!

Fly with our lie-flat beds in first and business class on all longhaul planes!

~BPA, Relax, Enjoy, Fly.

Air Elbonia

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: January 10, 2008, 05:41:53 am
The caravelle has 3x the seats of the fokker.  this is going to suppress prices a little.

i can tell you the distance portion of the smaller city increases its base demand by 14.5% over the larger city, however this isn't necessarily enough to fully counteract the actual difference posed by the size.  if you had a fokker f27-500 flying both routes, odds are the longer route's fare would be closer to 1000 euros.  scarcity can have its effect on demand, you know.
Air Elbonia, First in Time Travel since 2073!  (AEB ID in Game: 333)

ALFC

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: January 10, 2008, 06:27:28 am
i know the problem, i sometimes have say a caravelle on a route for 400, then all of a sudden (competitiors all charge way over 500) my former 100% goes to 60% and i have to lower the price, even being already lowest, to say 330 or 320 to get back to 100.
LFC - Melmac Spacelines

Singaporeair

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: January 10, 2008, 06:59:57 am
Quote from: "ALFC"
i know the problem, i sometimes have say a caravelle on a route for 400, then all of a sudden (competitiors all charge way over 500) my former 100% goes to 60% and i have to lower the price, even being already lowest, to say 330 or 320 to get back to 100.

true!very illogical lf script,the small plane with higher price will draw your passenger away once they adjust the price,even you operate a bigger plane with lower fare!if the passenger will go for the lowest fare,my plane should always full,until other small plane charge same price as me or lower than.
nited Sky Group member,ID:673

Seattle

• Airline Senior Manager
  • Hello! Send me a PM!
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: January 10, 2008, 07:27:07 am
thats why your supposed to press the update butten before the price wars like that start..... You got to just hit the update route button without changin the price and sometimes you can charge way higher...  :lol:
British Pan Airways (BPA)

Serving London Heathrow to You and the Rest of the World!

Fly with our lie-flat beds in first and business class on all longhaul planes!

~BPA, Relax, Enjoy, Fly.

Air Elbonia

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: January 10, 2008, 08:00:08 am
Quote from: "Singaporeair"
Quote from: "ALFC"

true!very illogical lf script,the small plane with higher price will draw your passenger away once they adjust the price,even you operate a bigger plane with lower fare!if the passenger will go for the lowest fare,my plane should always full,until other small plane charge same price as me or lower than.

hmm... i'll look into this. most definitely. theoretically, the ticket variance part [your ticket prices all interact with each other a little] should wind up positive for the lowest on a route, and should insulate it from the airlines coming in above you... hmm. yes. will definitely be looking into this very shortly.

edit: attempt 1 to fix this [above mentioned] problem in place.

waerth

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: January 10, 2008, 08:35:41 am
Quote from: "Air Elbonia"
The caravelle has 3x the seats of the fokker.  this is going to suppress prices a little.

i can tell you the distance portion of the smaller city increases its base demand by 14.5% over the larger city, however this isn't necessarily enough to fully counteract the actual difference posed by the size.  if you had a fokker f27-500 flying both routes, odds are the longer route's fare would be closer to 1000 euros.  scarcity can have its effect on demand, you know.

I know that but on the BKK<>SYX route my competitors fly with Caravelle's!!! And the prices they charge are still higher than my Caravelle on the other route!

Waerth

bibi974

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: January 10, 2008, 08:37:10 am
is it the same caravelle?

price the same price as your competitors then...
URL=http://www.airlinemogul.com/airlinemogul/view_airline.php?id=5435][/URL]

You never rose that high!

Air Elbonia

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: January 10, 2008, 08:51:35 am
ah. almost forgot this part.

there is an airport hub effect which is based on the number of cities each airport serves [added together]; SYX serves more airports then CMB does, this plays out as a mod in the base demand which can have significant alterations.  in fact, a little too significant. i'll be looking at how to slow this a bit sooner then later, however i'm unsure if it's too drastic of a change for me to implement mid-age.

Jps

• Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: January 10, 2008, 08:57:18 am
This is happening in Europe. AMS-BRUssels earns more than AMS-LHR  :lol:

Strangely enough, AMS-LGW earns lots more  :wink:

ID: 5000 ~ Flying Beyond The Stars

waerth

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: January 10, 2008, 08:58:54 am

there is an airport hub effect which is based on the number of cities each airport serves [added together]; SYX serves more airports then CMB does, this plays out as a mod in the base demand which can have significant alterations.  in fact, a little too significant. i'll be looking at how to slow this a bit sooner then later, however i'm unsure if it's too drastic of a change for me to implement mid-age.

Actually I like that part. It is realistic. I was thinking personally that Airports demands should be based on their potential markets, not based on what they do in real life. That would create more of a challenge. Like will Luton serve more passengers than Gatwick? Atlanta the biggest airport isn't the biggest because of it's market IRL. It is the biggest because it serves as a transithub. It would be nice if we could resemble this in AM.

I have actually an idea for this, based on an idea I had for the game I developed and wrote out myself. But the idea is kind off build on other concepts. I am willing to make one large suggestion in the suggestion thread, with basically all of my ideas in there. If you would read it all ....... . But it would be very large.

It would contain airtrafficrights, bases, maintenance (allthough I have already read someone describe exactly what I was thinking of) classes on routes, servicelevels, costs etc. Tell me if you want me to write it all down. I would start today then and finish it in a day or two.

Waerth

Air Elbonia

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: January 10, 2008, 09:27:46 am
Quote from: "waerth"

Actually I like that part. It is realistic. I was thinking personally that Airports demands should be based on their potential markets, not based on what they do in real life. That would create more of a challenge. Like will Luton serve more passengers than Gatwick? Atlanta the biggest airport isn't the biggest because of it's market IRL. It is the biggest because it serves as a transithub. It would be nice if we could resemble this in AM.

I have actually an idea for this, based on an idea I had for the game I developed and wrote out myself. But the idea is kind off build on other concepts. I am willing to make one large suggestion in the suggestion thread, with basically all of my ideas in there. If you would read it all ....... . But it would be very large.

It would contain airtrafficrights, bases, maintenance (allthough I have already read someone describe exactly what I was thinking of) classes on routes, servicelevels, costs etc. Tell me if you want me to write it all down. I would start today then and finish it in a day or two.

Waerth

hmm... it would be an interesting read, and I assure you if done, I would read it all.  i have most of multiclass seating figured out in my head, i just need to get it into the code as well as sort out how it affects [properly] the order of processing the route scripts. and frankly multiworlds is trumping that at the moment.  ~108 files down...

oh. and the present airport hub effect [what i mentioned before] is capped. however when multiworlds is complete i think we'll see some more noticeable alterations in this area.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk