Airline Mogul Forum

Europacific Air will be away for 3 weeks....

epxair · 23 · 4299

jameswyhk

• Airline Supervisor
  • So inactive...
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: January 09, 2008, 04:47:30 pm
Quote from: "Blue Sky Mine"
1 € routes because you're too lazy to update is really idiotic.

If you don't want to play the game, don't f*ck it up for everyone!

Exactly, if they don't want to play, just don't play, don't kill small airlines.

------

Blue Sky Mine

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: January 09, 2008, 04:48:51 pm
Well, IMO the only proper reasons for 1€ routes are a) someone tries to push you out of the market and you respond or b) the price just stalled and fell to the ground.

If you can't be bothered to update a route, close it. This will by the way save you a lot of money!
EO Blue Sky Mine (XAI), ID 2041

Mein Maserati fährt 210,
Schwupp, die Polizei hat´s nicht geseh´n,
das macht Spaß!
Ich geb Gas, ich geb Gas

mproger@gmail.com

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: January 09, 2008, 06:39:50 pm
Quote from: "Pacific"
Well, I call myself lazy because I can't be bothered to update the exact same routes at least three times before the clock hits 12pm and another five times before the day is over.  It's a small minority of routes that get affected and I'm sorry, it grows old.

I've tried "softresetting" those routes by charging equal, not €1 under for some time but the other parties deemed it necessary to get 100%LF all the time.  I have as much right to maintain 100% LF as my competitor and am already charitable by not resetting any routes above 70%.

why don't you close the routes?  :?:

ALFC

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: January 09, 2008, 06:47:29 pm

many people set CDG-LHR or ATL-ORD or similar routes to 1€ for three key reasons:

a) too lazy to update a route 10x a day
b) to kill potential revenue of a competitor
c) because they can afford to do so

if you cant play this game, dont go to CDG or LHR. it explicitly an COMPETITIVE MULTIPLAYER GAME. going to these airports without the mysterious clue and plan is like going to play NHL after you had your first hour of ice skating, it aitn fun, it aint healthy, it aint gonna work out.
LFC - Melmac Spacelines

Blue Sky Mine

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: January 09, 2008, 07:38:33 pm
Quote from: "ALFC"

many people set CDG-LHR or ATL-ORD or similar routes to 1€ for three key reasons:

a) too lazy to update a route 10x a day
b) to kill potential revenue of a competitor
c) because they can afford to do so

if you cant play this game, dont go to CDG or LHR. it explicitly an COMPETITIVE MULTIPLAYER GAME. going to these airports without the mysterious clue and plan is like going to play NHL after you had your first hour of ice skating, it aitn fun, it aint healthy, it aint gonna work out.

I'm not talking about those routes. But if there's a route say Toulouse-CDG, it might actually be quite an important moneymaker to tls-based airlines. Now your airline might be alright with this for a long time, but it's gonna be pretty frustrating for the concurrence (and you wouldn't gain anything of damaging him)
EO Blue Sky Mine (XAI), ID 2041

Mein Maserati fährt 210,
Schwupp, die Polizei hat´s nicht geseh´n,
das macht Spaß!
Ich geb Gas, ich geb Gas

ALFC

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: January 09, 2008, 09:36:49 pm

I'm not talking about those routes. But if there's a route say Toulouse-CDG, it might actually be quite an important moneymaker to tls-based airlines. Now your airline might be alright with this for a long time, but it's gonna be pretty frustrating for the concurrence (and you wouldn't gain anything of damaging him)

all routes are potentially for 1 value, since people very often are just stubborn idiots.
LFC - Melmac Spacelines

waerth

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: January 09, 2008, 10:55:00 pm
Quote from: "ALFC"

It is the other way around. It is the people that cannot play this game and just wack huge aircraft on these routes as if there is no tomorrow and then lower to 1 Euro that cannot play this game and take the fun out.

Waerth

Pacific

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: January 09, 2008, 10:57:54 pm
We can only agree to disagree.

Locked.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk