Airline Mogul Forum

Editing route and load factor

cowpatz

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: January 08, 2008, 08:31:06 pm
Quite often I have noticed that when I edit a route with a low load factor and I just click on update information the load factor changes without altering the fare. Sometimes this can change from say 75% up to 100%. Or I can lower a fare and press update then gradually work back up to the same fare for 100 % load factor. Is this by design or a bug? It is a little frustrating as marketing research fees are charged each time.

iranair777

• Brokers
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: January 08, 2008, 09:15:17 pm
I have noticed that also. And another thing is that when edit a route that you've been flying for quite a while, you can raise the price, but for some reason the profit goes down  :?

Air Elbonia

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: January 08, 2008, 11:31:05 pm
huh.  looks like i'll be pouring through this again in hopes of finding a bug.  that is very strange, as it should be calculated the same regardless.

iranair777, how extensive of a profit drop do you get.
Air Elbonia, First in Time Travel since 2073!  (AEB ID in Game: 333)

jghastings

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: January 17, 2008, 11:32:29 pm
I've been having some issues switching aircraft over, leading to a drop in profits for no explicable reason.

For instance, today I took delivery of a FH-227B, which I have used to replace a leased example of the same type of aircraft.  I've done the Close All Routes thing, but when re-opening them seconds later the 100% LF requires lower fares.  For instance, between Batam and Taipei, a route I fly with no competition, the following happened:

Before
Batam - Hang Nadim Taipei - Taiwan Taoyuan Intl 0.5 100% €1,105 €59,912

After
Batam - Hang Nadim Taipei - Taiwan Taoyuan Intl 0.5 100% €1,030 €55,712

Quite frustrating to lose £4.2k when all I've done is swap a leased plane for an identical purchased one. :?
ID: 8330

Air Elbonia

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: January 17, 2008, 11:50:31 pm
I'm hoping I can finish up swap aircraft sooner then later to fix or improve upon the following statement.  Yes it is a high priority for me:

At present, route age is taken into account as both a demand modifier [relatively weak] and as the determining factor in tie-breakers for the route loadfactor calculations.  If there's competition, odds are your place in the line got bumped back in tie-breaking situations.  If there's no competition, odds are it's related to the age of the route's impact on demand.

iranair777

• Brokers
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: January 18, 2008, 10:32:27 am
Quote from: "Air Elbonia"
huh.  looks like i'll be pouring through this again in hopes of finding a bug.  that is very strange, as it should be calculated the same regardless.

iranair777, how extensive of a profit drop do you get.

a couple of thousand
but just checked on some of my routes, looks like its alright now, the profit goes up now as normal.

Chavaquiah

• Airline Supervisor
  • E outra vez conquistaremos a Distância
    • View Profile
    • SkyPact-Concept Alliance
Reply #6 on: January 18, 2008, 11:12:33 am
I just logged in to find about 20 routes at 0% LF because (I assume) some competitor lowered prices 1 or 2€. Just hitting "Update information", without changing fares, brings them back to 100%.

(That's what I discovered after slashing by half prices on quite a few  :evil: )

Definitely something wrong here.

iranair777

• Brokers
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: January 18, 2008, 11:17:28 am
Quote from: "mg35pt"
I just logged in to find about 20 routes at 0% LF because (I assume) some competitor lowered prices 1 or 2€. Just hitting "Update information", without changing fares, brings them back to 100%.

(That's what I discovered after slashing by half prices on quite a few  :evil: )

yh, that sometimes happens to me also, my loadfactor goes down and then i go down by 5 euros and it goes to 100%, go back up to the same price and it goes to 100%

Chavaquiah

• Airline Supervisor
  • E outra vez conquistaremos a Distância
    • View Profile
    • SkyPact-Concept Alliance
Reply #8 on: January 18, 2008, 11:23:10 am
Yes, going down (sometimes from 100% to less than 50%) is quite usual (if rather unrealistic). But to 0!!! That's downright silly.

nwadeltaboy

• Airline Senior Manager
  • AM's official Spammer. Check my post counts.
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: January 18, 2008, 11:28:10 am
Quote from: "mg35pt"

no, its the script.  Newer airlines on a route ]usually have better loadfactors.  I think that means editing a route makes you the newest competitior...correct me if im wrong, AEB?

iranair777

• Brokers
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: January 18, 2008, 12:30:32 pm
but shouldn't it be airlines which have already flown a certain route for longer than newcomers to get the higher LF?

Air Elbonia

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: January 18, 2008, 04:51:25 pm
I'm still trying to figure out why edit and create are going whacky like that. -_- it really shouldn't. -kicks it, figuratively-.

New entrants on the route jump in line because their initial service is met by those who have tried the rest and disliked them, combined with the market buzz associated with the "news".  I've corrected it somewhat where the newest becomes the frontrunner of only the newer routes [roughly the routes created in the past day or so].

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk