Airline Mogul Forum

Douglas Bisbee Airport Error

Banana Bomb

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: January 05, 2008, 09:18:28 pm
I am trying to create a route from PHX-DUG using an N-262 which should have the range and it has the hours, But it's showing the flight distance as 7000nm! If somebody could take a look at that it would be great.
"Stop laughing at me flying avocado!"

ordssbill

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: January 06, 2008, 04:52:08 pm
Im having the same issue when I try to add a route from Tucson.  Im showing 7355NM

CornField

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: January 06, 2008, 05:15:26 pm
Well, KDUG  or Bisbee-Douglas  in AZ  has no commerical ops, and no air taxi ops listed for 2006......

But for some reason it shows as 250k pax in the game.....

I'm thinking this one will be disappearing shortly.....

Your  Favorite Hometown Airline

blue25

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: January 06, 2008, 05:31:12 pm
Quote from: "CornField"
Well, KDUG  or Bisbee-Douglas  in AZ  has no commerical ops, and no air taxi ops listed for 2006......

But for some reason it shows as 250k pax in the game.....

I'm thinking this one will be disappearing shortly.....

Thanks. :wink:
Alto Airlines [ID: 2167]

AirHanoverInternational

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: January 06, 2008, 05:31:49 pm
Hopefully this will happen with Niederrhein or Dusseldorf/Weeze, too, as they both are the same airport. Was already mentioned in the last age http://www.stephenm.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3085
an (AirHanoverInternational ID:5980)

ordssbill

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: January 06, 2008, 07:08:04 pm
I entered that airport.  The number is a typo.  I was having problems getting it to accept and when it did accept it was too late to change it.

CornField

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: January 06, 2008, 07:54:51 pm
Rick(hpscot) the Admin member responsible for airport data gets to things in bunches.  

He generally will delete airports at the end of rounds, so not to leave people with wierd, dead routes.  That could lead to other bugs rearing their ugly heads....

If someone can find correct pax stats though....  AZDOT is where I went for data, and they report no commerical pax at all.

ordssbill

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: January 06, 2008, 09:30:56 pm
it has no commercial flights, however, it probably moves about 2500 people a year with private general aviation (people who have the ability to avoid driving to TUS or PHX to connect with commercial flights) and government flights related to the immense border activities.  The populateion base in that area, combines with SE Cochise county and Agua Prieta Sonora is about 200000

CornField

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: January 06, 2008, 10:29:23 pm
Quote from: "ordssbill"
it has no commercial flights, however, it probably moves about 2500 people a year with private general aviation (people who have the ability to avoid driving to TUS or PHX to connect with commercial flights) and government flights related to the immense border activities.  The populateion base in that area, combines with SE Cochise county and Agua Prieta Sonora is about 200000

The problem with that is the database is based on commerical pax data, whether it be scheduled service, charter service or air taxi.  The number you used is based on what data??????

Fox Airways

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: January 07, 2008, 05:31:19 pm
just to add...
Depart: San Francisco     Arrive: Douglas-Bisbee International

Distance for this route: 6,612nm

ordssbill

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: January 13, 2008, 02:04:39 am
According to tjhe AZDOT Airport Master Plan - FAA Forcasts of Aviation Activity, this airport had 19229 Itinerant Ops forecast for 2007.  The Douglas Municpal airport had way more than that.  As some one in the Aviation industry, I would estimate a min of 40000 pax per year, this did not include military ops, rotary ops or Local ops.  Like I said....250K was because I was playing around with it to see how it works.  

I would like to see how I can fix the data though.

ordssbill

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: January 15, 2008, 12:11:34 am
Both Problems still need to be fixed.  

The distance error and the data error.

Air Elbonia

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: January 18, 2008, 12:59:41 am
I talked to rick the evening of the 15th, he said he fixed it [locationally]. status update? the last post in the old thread was from before the 15th. -goes to poke at the distance element-

location of DUG looks right at present [so I assume that element has been fixed].

Pop of DUG will be fixed as we process the 06 data from the FAA. it will be corrected in time.
Air Elbonia, First in Time Travel since 2073!  (AEB ID in Game: 333)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk