Airline Mogul Forum

Load Factor Bug?

gvw888

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: January 05, 2008, 10:19:41 am
This was mentioned in another thread but that's been locked now without any resolution as far as I can tell.
One of my routes had dropped to 91%, I went to edit it, dropped the fare a bit and hit 'update information' and the load factor reduced further to 88.27%. Reduced the fare further to get LF back to 100%.
Just that initial fare adjustment seems to have the wrong LF effect.
Lotus

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: January 05, 2008, 10:20:17 am
The elasticity is a bit off.
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

blumage

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: January 05, 2008, 11:41:53 am
Im finding the LF of this round Strange, It drops too fast, and I'm starting to feel like the 1€ theory will begin soon, everybody will reduce their fare by 1€ until someone gets tired and will price 1€ for the route. I dont know if it's my impression but LF this round is very different from last round

ID 5228
And if we like to over do things just Imagine what is like to be our Guest!
Proud Member of BlueSkies

CornField

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: January 05, 2008, 12:57:29 pm
Quote from: "blumage"
Im finding the LF of this round Strange, It drops too fast, and I'm starting to feel like the 1€ theory will begin soon, everybody will reduce their fare by 1€ until someone gets tired and will price 1€ for the route. I dont know if it's my impression but LF this round is very different from last round

That's ORD from Europacific and Pilgrim last round......  Or just about any mega airport since the explosion of players....

Your  Favorite Hometown Airline

Air Elbonia

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: January 05, 2008, 11:57:02 pm
Alright.

News on this front.

1. i've consolidated the backend further on the three route pages, should make maintaining/updating/bugfixing  them significantly easier

2. in the process i've fixed a few latent bugs that have likely had a direct impact on this age.  Along with my prior fix of edit route accidently ignoring competition [likely a significant accelerate to this age, as it stayed in place for a week or so], there was also an issue with edit route ignoring portions of staff salaries and one or two other minor inconstancies which over time add up.  at the moment there's 30,000~ routes in the game... think about it this way, if each was off by 10 euros. that's 300,000 euros per hour.  now that naturally compounds into new gates [and thereby new routes], new planes [more routes again] further compounding the effect of the tiniest difference.

3. I've altered [partially, need to finish very momentarily] the way that the meal/drink options are calculated, should surpress the peak level down from the prior high of around 40 to a little more reasonable number [won't tell what].  immediately however i need to eat, so this will be finished by the end of the day i believe, barring sudden irreversible and immediate death of myself. [highly unlikely]

4. Between last age and this, the actual base demand has been dropped moderately significantly, definitely noticeably.  because of this competition's impact has grown, which likely explains the more powerful effect of 1 euro changes... For the time being, i will be [when i finish 3] weakening the impact of competition a little to counter this to a little more reasonable of a level.  no garauntees on how drastic i go, but hopefully it'll be helpful.
Air Elbonia, First in Time Travel since 2073!  (AEB ID in Game: 333)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk