Airline Mogul Forum

What the F?

Xtri · 29 · 5486

Xtri

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: January 03, 2008, 05:54:11 pm
MANY of my routes has suddenly gone down to 1 - 3 % on load? The hell is going on ?
URL=http://imageshack.us][/URL]

Proud member of United Empire Alliance

Chavaquiah

• Airline Supervisor
  • E outra vez conquistaremos a Distância
    • View Profile
    • SkyPact-Concept Alliance
Reply #1 on: January 03, 2008, 05:59:18 pm
Competition? Are there other airlines on those routes?

Xtri

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: January 03, 2008, 06:39:22 pm
Yeh but wierd.. In one day.. Dis.. Destroys me.. Ruins me!

pocketbookbrando

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: January 03, 2008, 07:00:46 pm
I think you're still 35th in the game overall right?   :roll:

There is essentially no way to be destroyed in this game.  It would essentially take several different airlines leveraging their existing networks and going into your hub and putting a $1 flight on each and every one of your routes.  The game isn't that hard and I'm surprised that someone with so much money would be freaking out because there was actually competition on routes.  ;)

Hopeleslylonely

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: January 03, 2008, 07:07:40 pm
someone did that to me on my biggest route last round.  Came in and I was charing $600 a ticket and he made ticket prices $50.  He bailed on the route though after I put 15 super constellations on the route, at max routes, at $1 a piece  :lol:

Blue Sky Mine

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: January 03, 2008, 07:18:15 pm
Actually the only way to get yourself destroyed is to annoy a big alliance that can afford to lose a lot of money in the process of bankrupting you.
EO Blue Sky Mine (XAI), ID 2041

Mein Maserati fährt 210,
Schwupp, die Polizei hat´s nicht geseh´n,
das macht Spaß!
Ich geb Gas, ich geb Gas

Hopeleslylonely

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: January 03, 2008, 07:19:26 pm
Or a person with a lot of large aircraft like in my case.  I would have 100 - 300 unused 1049's at any given time last round.

AirHanoverInternational

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: January 03, 2008, 07:23:49 pm
Quote from: "Xtri"
MANY of my routes has suddenly gone down to 1 - 3 % on load? The hell is going on ?

As a bug was fixed today it may have been due to that. Before the bugfix people noticed strange things on LF. It first dropped when competition entered the route but when the edited the routes they could charge an even higher fare to reach the LF 100% again. I was working on my routes when the bugfix was made and I experienced LF rushing down on several ones immediately.
an (AirHanoverInternational ID:5980)

DAK

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: January 03, 2008, 07:58:10 pm
My LF, even on routes with larger planes dropped dramatically today. I have had to adjust prices on 40-50% of my routes

Xtri

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: January 03, 2008, 10:54:21 pm
I didn't freak out, I just got a bit surprised, haven't even fixed it yet, haven't bothered, I would be amongst the top 10 now if I wasn't so lazy :P Got around 7 - 8 planes unused atm too :P Gonna fix it tomorrow probaly.

pocketbookbrando

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: January 03, 2008, 10:56:51 pm
"Or a person with a lot of large aircraft like in my case. I would have 100 - 300 unused 1049's at any given time last round."

Actually, even then that would be assuming that you're on the same continent and if you were that you had the same hubs.  After that, you'd have to close bases to move your bases to that person's bases.  The airline industry only wishes it was this easy to grown an airline.

ALFC

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: January 03, 2008, 11:06:21 pm
Quote from: "Hopeleslylonely"
Or a person with a lot of large aircraft like in my case.  I would have 100 - 300 unused 1049's at any given time last round.

omg! 100-300!
LFC - Melmac Spacelines

Xtri

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: January 03, 2008, 11:06:42 pm
Hehe, actually, I'm pretty new to this, and I think I'm doing pretty fine :)

Chavaquiah

• Airline Supervisor
  • E outra vez conquistaremos a Distância
    • View Profile
    • SkyPact-Concept Alliance
Reply #13 on: January 03, 2008, 11:50:25 pm
Quote from: "DAK"
My LF, even on routes with larger planes dropped dramatically today. I have had to adjust prices on 40-50% of my routes

I just finished restructuring my routes (2h30 for 60 routes - that management system is murder!  :? ) and noticed that even 1 EUR makes an enormous difference. Like dropping price from 700 € to 699 € makes LF jump from 85% to 100%.

Worst is that after two and an half hours of fiddling I already have many routes way below 100%. :evil:

pocketbookbrando

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: January 03, 2008, 11:54:12 pm
Well you could just focus on large routes.  Now you know the frustration of a product that is difficult to differentiate.  To make it worse, there is no marketing function on the program.  I've put in an enhancement request for it.  The regular airlines go through this all of the time.  They are also adjusting their prices based on route demand, capacity, etc.  No ticket from A to B is ever the same price for long.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk