Airline Mogul Forum

so regret to be broker!

ChinaPacific

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: January 01, 2008, 04:09:07 pm
yesterday ( real time )  was my first time to be a broker, I am not familiar with broker system, i have purchase 2 a/c in broker system, and i though i can use the a/c once it delivered, but after i wait for one day ( real time ) i found that i have to wait for 3 days more to get the plane ( if the request party dun wanna buy that a/c ). now what i can do is, wait and wait...
may i know do i have to pay more money f the request party finally dun wanna buy that a/c after 3 days?
and if the request party buy that a/c how much can i earn from it?
i am sure some expert of this game can answer my stupid questions .. sorry i am new in this game :)

happy new year !
img]http://www.airlinemogul.com/airlinelogos/CNP970203A.gif[/img]
________We Treasure Each Encounter________

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: January 01, 2008, 04:40:37 pm
1. You have NOT purchased any ac from the broker system. In fact, you are on the other end of the deal; you have become the broker for the ac.

2. You can place brokerage requests through the "request aircraft" dropbox on the "view&buy" page.

3. Please read the wiki about that :wink:

4. You don't have to pay more money if the client don't buy the ac. You may get them unlisted for free when the time is up and you could use them as you please.

5. How much you earn depends on the mark up and the value of the planes. The mark up % multiple with the ordinary plane price (as shown in buy from manufacturer page) would be your profit / lost. If the mark up with 0%, you earned nothing, and in time-value-money concept, lost potential returns.

It is not a smart move to broker for someone else (ie. take requests from the aircraft market) unless you have too much $$ but no where to spend.
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

blastpast

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: January 01, 2008, 04:41:22 pm
happy new year to you too. it sounds like you took someone elses brokerage request. what you are doing is paying for 66.6% of the aircraft, and they are paying for the other 33.3%. it gets delivered to you, and automatically listed as for sale to the other airline. they have 3 real days to pay you back the 66.6% (plus any mark-up, which would be your profit). If they fail to pay you the 66.6% after the 3 days are up, you may unlist it from sale, and the aircraft is yours. so either you break even, plus any mark-up, or you get the brand new aircraft at 66.6% of it's normal cost. if the mark up is 0%, then you will make 0 euro's profit. i normally list mine at 5-7%, which means on a 10,000,000 euro aircraft, i'd be giving you 500,000-700,000 euro's extra for letting me basically borrow money from you.

do you understand?

ChinaPacific

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: January 01, 2008, 04:51:29 pm
blasstpast and dktc, thank you very much for you guys' detailed explanation, after reading the manual i still dun undertsnad about the broker system, now after you guys' explanation i am clear with it.

so what i can do is wait and wait.. hoho, i am  so stupid with it...

blastpast

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: January 01, 2008, 04:54:20 pm
is there any mark-up on it?

ChinaPacific

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: January 02, 2008, 04:08:51 am
Quote from: "blastpast"

i found that there is 0% of markup on it... :S
that means i earn nothing from it...
but it is a good experience...

blastpast

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: January 02, 2008, 05:52:33 am
Quote from: "ChinaPacific"

yeah, plus you can know you helped someone out. just hopefully not your competition! you could earn quite a bit if the airline doesnt purchase it from you. then you have an aircraft at 66.6% it's original cost! good luck

nwadeltaboy

• Airline Senior Manager
  • AM's official Spammer. Check my post counts.
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: January 05, 2008, 07:32:00 am
Quote from: "ChinaPacific"

try buying planes from the official brokers at -10% and selling them at, say, -5%.  That way you don't have to wait. :D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk