Top 10 Airlines

blue25 · 106 · 17439

clee899

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #90 on: January 06, 2008, 04:44:40 pm
Quote from: "blue25"
Quote from: "clee899"
No American airline should be on this top 10 list. Americans who haven't flown an airline based outside the US have no idea how superior the other airlines are.

EDIT: expect maybe Southwest

If you think about it, which has more accidents? Hmm? Is it the flights out of the US? Yes it is.
By the way, my top 10 is changing.

1)Northwest Airlines
2)American Airlines
3)Pan Am Airways-Not in service
4)jetBlue Airways
5)AirTran Airways
6)Midwest Airlines
7)Frontier Airlines
8)Trans World Airlines-Not in service
9)Pan Am Clipper Connection
10)Southwest Airlines

Are you basing your top 10 on quality/price? What factors go into your decision? I mentioned Southwest (even though they are a discount airline) because I think you get most out of what you pay for. Northwest and American are average US airlines, if they are your the top 10 then Continental, Alaska, United and US Air should be as well. airTran is a joke and Frontier is another discount carrier...
img]http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/5485/mybanner477b04be4b9ddgdaj8.jpg[/img]

Mountainair ID:2484

Blue Sky Mine

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #91 on: January 06, 2008, 04:45:26 pm

I don't think you've flown this airline yourself!
EO Blue Sky Mine (XAI), ID 2041

Mein Maserati fährt 210,
Schwupp, die Polizei hat´s nicht geseh´n,
das macht Spaß!
Ich geb Gas, ich geb Gas

CornField

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #92 on: January 06, 2008, 04:49:43 pm
No American airline should be on this top 10 list. Americans who haven't flown an airline based outside the US have no idea how superior the other airlines are.

SouthWorst and superior in the same quote.... :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Your  Favorite Hometown Airline

blue25

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #93 on: January 06, 2008, 04:52:01 pm
Quote from: "Blue Sky Mine"

Yep. I'm going to in the summer. Got it already booked.
Alto Airlines [ID: 2167]

Blue Sky Mine

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #94 on: January 06, 2008, 05:02:40 pm

ooops, I thought you meant the old clippers :D

Mein Maserati fährt 210,
das macht Spaß!
Ich geb Gas, ich geb Gas

clee899

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #95 on: January 06, 2008, 05:12:04 pm
Quote from: "CornField"

SouthWorst and superior in the same quote.... :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Oh come on. Everyone knows Southwest is the flying bus, but still- you get the most out of what you pay for. Why pay double, triple the price on other "full-service" US carriers for about the same quality?

-Significantly lower fares. Check for yourself: http://www.southwest.com/hotfares/hotfares2.html
-They have the a better frequent flyer program than the other US carriers, especially for students (its not based on mileage). Students: book 3 roundtrips, get 4th free
-Less delays, more convenient because they use secondary airports (ie. Dallas Love, Chicago Midway)
-No seating assignments (sit wherever you want)
-No fatalities in history

I'm not saying Southwest is the best airline in terms of service, but when you consider cost and ease of travel, I think it ranks among the best.
img]http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/5485/mybanner477b04be4b9ddgdaj8.jpg[/img]

Mountainair ID:2484

AirHanoverInternational

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #96 on: January 06, 2008, 05:18:59 pm

Well, hopefully they will still exist then as they had many ups and downs in the past :roll:

Now, here are my favourite ones (from those I have flown with):

1. Air Berlin
2. Delta
3. Contact Air
4. Air Dolomiti
5. Condor
6. Lufthansa
7. Continental
8. Sabena
9. bmi
10. Austrian
an (AirHanoverInternational ID:5980)

Blue Sky Mine

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #97 on: January 06, 2008, 05:51:42 pm

more convenient because they use secondary airports (ie. Dallas Love, Chicago Midway)

That actually sucks if you have to connect!

I don't see this as a positive thing. Sure, you might be quick enough to catch a window seat, but the bloody dogfights on the aisle suck! (Some pax remind me of zombies- <<gotta-reach-this-seat-no-matter-what>>

Mein Maserati fährt 210,
das macht Spaß!
Ich geb Gas, ich geb Gas

blue25

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #98 on: January 06, 2008, 06:02:20 pm

more convenient because they use secondary airports (ie. Dallas Love, Chicago Midway)

I don't see this as a positive thing. Sure, you might be quick enough to catch a window seat, but the bloody dogfights on the aisle suck! (Some pax remind me of zombies- <<gotta-reach-this-seat-no-matter-what>>

I'd go for the back :wink:  :lol:

CornField

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #99 on: January 06, 2008, 06:28:21 pm
Quote from: "CornField"

Oh come on. Everyone knows Southwest is the flying bus, but still- you get the most out of what you pay for. Why pay double, triple the price on other "full-service" US carriers for about the same quality?

-Significantly lower fares. Check for yourself: http://www.southwest.com/hotfares/hotfares2.html
-They have the a better frequent flyer program than the other US carriers, especially for students (its not based on mileage). Students: book 3 roundtrips, get 4th free
-Less delays, more convenient because they use secondary airports (ie. Dallas Love, Chicago Midway)
-No fatalities in history

I'm not saying Southwest is the best airline in terms of service, but when you consider cost and ease of travel, I think it ranks among the best.

Lets take a look at these 'good' points of SouthWorst....
Check those prices for routings to other hubs of the 'legacy' airlines......  I've flown ORD-PHX dozens of times on America West and payed less than SouthWest every single time...
Better frequent flyer plan, maybe in certain cases but not for everyone.   Some of the other perks offered either officially or unofficially to FF'ers on other airlines beat free flights.   Like last minute changes for free, or priority/late check-ins.
Give me an assigned seat anyday, not to mention even SouthWorst has experimented with it.  Plus, I have never gotten stuck in a center seat as a FF member on other airlines.  EDIT->  I even had a customer service agent at US Airways(west, right after the merger) move my last minute reservation out of a center seat with the statement, 'Our frequent flyers don't sit in center seats'
MDW means just as many delays, and much worse security than ORD.  Not to mention its in the ghetto.
There is a family in Indiana that would VERY much dispute no fatilities after SouthWorst's disregard for safety caused their plane to run over the families' car and kill their 4 year old child........

Your  Favorite Hometown Airline

Blue Sky Mine

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #100 on: January 06, 2008, 06:43:12 pm

I'd go for the back :wink:  :lol:

No, I'm serious about this: After seeing a family father pushing an elderly lady aside while being on the airstairs, nearly sending her down those stairs, I wouldn't want to fly with open seating if I wasn't in a good bodily shape.

Mein Maserati fährt 210,
das macht Spaß!
Ich geb Gas, ich geb Gas

blumage

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #101 on: January 06, 2008, 08:36:34 pm

Totally Agree. I used to compare European with Asian Airlines, but then I discovered  
American Airlines, which as far as i know/experienced it's the worst ever and I think that other US carriers are the same, except for Continental which i heard very good comments. One advice in Europe don't fly Alitalia, It's one of the worst.

ID 5228
And if we like to over do things just Imagine what is like to be our Guest!
Proud Member of BlueSkies

DarthRobby

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #102 on: January 07, 2008, 01:04:31 am
ya, it is really funny to fly from AUS to somewhere in Europe, because in America, all the FAs are mean and barely get you what you want

but on the European airlines, they offered me rolls several times, they had orange juice and the such (sprite for breakfast is no fun) they have heated containers of good *airline* food, while American ones hand me chilled eggs or something, i like European way better.
img]http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj103/suncountrynwa/undeadair.jpg[/img]
Undead Air

blue25

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #103 on: January 07, 2008, 01:12:21 am
Quote from: "DarthRobby"
ya, it is really funny to fly from AUS to somewhere in Europe, because in America, all the FAs are mean and barely get you what you want

but on the European airlines, they offered me rolls several times, they had orange juice and the such (sprite for breakfast is no fun) they have heated containers of good *airline* food, while American ones hand me chilled eggs or something, i like European way better.

NWA first class. OMG. It's a feast and it's sometimes warm :o

nwadeltaboy

• Airline Senior Manager
  • AM's official Spammer. Check my post counts.
    • View Profile
Reply #104 on: January 07, 2008, 01:14:46 am
as i always say...in NWA first class the crew gives you nice meals, and in NWA coach you give the crew nice meals :P

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk