Airline Mogul Forum

Start of month expenses

pocketbookbrando

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: December 12, 2007, 08:29:12 pm
Are all monthly airplane and gate lease expenses due at the start of the month.  I'm trying to figure out what cash reserves I need to have on hand for this.  Anyone have any idea?  Thanks.

AirHanoverInternational

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: December 12, 2007, 09:02:11 pm
Rentals are charged at the beginning of the month. Should be the same with leases - but I am not sure as I have never leased aircrafts. :D
an (AirHanoverInternational ID:5980)

pocketbookbrando

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: December 12, 2007, 09:11:44 pm
Never leased?  I didn't start with enough cash to buy one?  How could you go without leasing?

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: December 12, 2007, 10:11:08 pm
Wait a week before logging in the second time. I did it when I first registered :P

But yes, gate rent, upkeep, leases... basically all reoccuring expenses would be charged.
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

pocketbookbrando

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: December 12, 2007, 10:43:55 pm
Hahaha, you have WAAAY more patience than I do.  I'll sleep on it.  By tomorrow my little slip with the base will be remedied and I can start to swap out purchased planes for the leased ones.  Maybe then I'll sit on it for a while.

AirHanoverInternational

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: December 14, 2007, 12:18:08 am
Quote from: "pocketbookbrando"
Never leased?  I didn't start with enough cash to buy one?  How could you go without leasing?

I created successful routes :D And I was patient enough to wait for the money to buy an aircraft. When I started leases were pretty expensive. You had to pay 50% of the list price for a 120 months lease of a DC-3 per month! So you would have paid a DC-3 sixty times! Thats why I bought all my a/c I put into service. I am now at rank 123 - my strategy seems to work right :wink:
an (AirHanoverInternational ID:5980)

pocketbookbrando

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: December 14, 2007, 04:41:55 am
"I created successful routes Very Happy And I was patient enough to wait for the money to buy an aircraft. "

So if you don't have airplanes as you didn't have leases how does being patient matter?  An airline with no planes flying makes no money no matter how patient the owner is.

seafly4fun

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: December 14, 2007, 06:56:05 am
Ah this would explain why I've been severely in the red at the start of the month! Yes I am a slow learner  :P Now if I can just gather up the patience to save I could get my base and what not.
ttp://www.airlinemogul.com/airlinemogul/view_airline.php?id=8248
MCLR where we put the boogie in air travel!

nwadeltaboy

• Airline Senior Manager
  • AM's official Spammer. Check my post counts.
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: December 14, 2007, 12:07:48 pm
don't forget your revenue comes at the beginning of the month too. :P

gosh, everyone's so pessimistic, talking only about fees. :roll:

suntoucher

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: December 14, 2007, 12:42:23 pm
Revenue only comes at the start of the month if you're leasing off planes. Otherwise the first day of the new month is designed to make you cry. As you wake up at the crack of noon(in NZ) and the turnovers just happened and you have to wait the rest of the day before you can recover your funds and buy shiny planes etc.
img]http://www.freewebs.com/originalsuntoucher/70s%20logo.jpg[/img]
Suntoucher Incorporated - Flying into bright lights since 1954.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk