Airline Mogul Forum

[FIXED]Load factor

Caribfly

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: December 10, 2007, 08:21:36 pm
Hey everyone,

I had just logged in a few minutes ago, when I noticed the load factor of one of my routes had dropped to 50% (from 100%). So I went to edit my route and changed the frequency to 1. The predicted load factor was now 100%. So I tried at 1.5 for the frequency again, and the load factor was again 100%. Is this normal?

nwadeltaboy

• Airline Senior Manager
  • AM's official Spammer. Check my post counts.
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: December 11, 2007, 03:50:44 am
this happened to me before, just the other way around.  you been involved with an alliance lately?

Caribfly

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: December 11, 2007, 02:27:48 pm
No, I've been thinking of joining one, but haven't so far.

P.s. I didn't actually click 'submit' after changing the frequency to 1. I immediately set it back to 1.5, but the predicted load factor was 100% again. It's still at 100% now.

MrOrange

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: December 11, 2007, 03:48:08 pm
There's plenty of reasons why this could happen. Which route is it anyway?

Air Elbonia

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: December 11, 2007, 06:59:12 pm
How drastic of a sing are we talking here?  there's plenty of reasons why a small to moderate swing could happen, if it's a big swing... that's less likely.  I'll be poking through the various route scripts though to ensure that as far as i can see everything is being treated the same [create/edit/close].
Air Elbonia, First in Time Travel since 2073!  (AEB ID in Game: 333)

Caribfly

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: December 11, 2007, 08:29:13 pm
I believe you misunderstood the problem. The problem is not that the load factor dropped, but that it it returned after modifying the route, even if you set everything back to the way it was before submitting the changes.

P.s. The route was number 360654, I think.

Air Elbonia

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: December 11, 2007, 08:43:27 pm
Quote from: "Caribfly"
I believe you misunderstood the problem. The problem is not that the load factor dropped, but that it it returned after modifying the route, even if you set everything back to the way it was before submitting the changes.

There are a few changes which are possible which don't automatically update on any routes, such as joining an alliance can have a positive impact on demand... yet it will be delayed for any existing routes (and often, i warn you, may not be sufficient for the headache of editing every route if you have a large number of routes).  City connections of airports may fluctuate over time, and it doesn't automatically update each route into the cities until you edit it or a new route is created on that city pair.

If it's a relatively small change, say 10-20%, it's probably some airline that went bye-bye as a result of a bankruptcy causing some moderately big shift in an indirect demand mod like that between when the route was reset and when you manually edited it.  If it's a big shift (say 30~40%+)... there may be some bigger discrepancy.

Caribfly

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: December 11, 2007, 08:53:59 pm
Quote from: "Air Elbonia"
Quote from: "Caribfly"

There are a few changes which are possible which don't automatically update on any routes, such as joining an alliance can have a positive impact on demand... yet it will be delayed for any existing routes (and often, i warn you, may not be sufficient for the headache of editing every route if you have a large number of routes).  City connections of airports may fluctuate over time, and it doesn't automatically update each.  If it's a relatively small change, say 10-20%, it's probably some airline that went bye-bye as a result of a bankruptcy causing some moderately big shift in an indirect demand mod like that between when the route was reset and when you manually edited it.  If it's a big shift (say 30~40%+)... there may be some bigger discrepancy.

It was a 50% change: from 100% to exactly 50%, and back to 100% on the edit screen. It's still at 100% now.

nwadeltaboy

• Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: December 12, 2007, 03:48:07 am
yes, i have had this happen to me before, and quite frankly i don't know what causes it. :oops:

suntoucher

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: December 12, 2007, 04:43:37 am
I assume it's the resets. They probably had routes which were created dropping you to 50% then disappeared when they were reset but the computer "forgot(read wasn't coded properly)" to take this into account. When you hit 1 or 1.5 it updated it with the new PAX figures and told it it was a completely new route.
img]http://www.freewebs.com/originalsuntoucher/70s%20logo.jpg[/img]
Suntoucher Incorporated - Flying into bright lights since 1954.

nwadeltaboy

• Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: December 12, 2007, 12:00:08 pm
to experiment...go and don't change anything, but still hit submit.  leave all the fares and frequencies as they were.  did the loadfactor change to 100%?

don't worry if you already changed the route, its just fun to see the routes change like that. :D

Air Elbonia

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: December 22, 2007, 02:32:09 am
I HAVE FOUND IT! -triumphant-.

it'll be fixed for next age.  i missed a line :oops: when doing my last edits so it was incorrectly ignoring one or two things for the demand calc. sorry all. wish i would have seen it sooner.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk