Airline Mogul Forum

AirHanoverInternational

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Manager
    • View Profile
on: December 10, 2007, 10:54:20 am
What happens to my fares/LF when a competitor was deleted (bancrupt, double account, whatever)? Will my LF raise again a bit (if he was the only competitor on that route)?
an (AirHanoverInternational ID:5980)

Air Elbonia

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: December 10, 2007, 11:02:43 am
it should, when a competitor is deleted/bankrupted the script goes through and closes their routes as if they had been normally closed... Those that remain should automatically adjust up where adjustment is "due" as it were.

If you already lowered your rates to 100% LF before the competitor was removed, however, you'll likely stay at 100% though you may be able to charge more.  These routes may not stand out very well amongst the rest, and may be quite hard to find on their own, but... they probably exist.
Air Elbonia, First in Time Travel since 2073!  (AEB ID in Game: 333)

nwadeltaboy

• Airline Senior Manager
  • AM's official Spammer. Check my post counts.
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: December 10, 2007, 11:27:38 am
another related question:  ive asked something like this before, but if you close a base and you built terminals there and you don't have any rented gates, what happens?

Air Elbonia

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: December 10, 2007, 11:08:38 pm
Quote from: "nwaboy"
another related question:  ive asked something like this before, but if you close a base and you built terminals there and you don't have any rented gates, what happens?

your builtgates should be sold down to 25 if they are above, otherwise the gates stay but you cannot expand it.

i do need to fix a small bug or two there it seems.  i should be on that this evening.

AirHanoverInternational

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: December 20, 2007, 06:45:01 pm
Quote from: "Air Elbonia"
it should, when a competitor is deleted/bankrupted the script goes through and closes their routes as if they had been normally closed... Those that remain should automatically adjust up where adjustment is "due" as it were.

If you already lowered your rates to 100% LF before the competitor was removed, however, you'll likely stay at 100% though you may be able to charge more.  These routes may not stand out very well amongst the rest, and may be quite hard to find on their own, but... they probably exist.

Ok, I now found a route where my LF was 71%. It is route number 352416 (Madeira - Leipzig-Halle). I went to edit this route but there was no competition. I clicked on "Update" without changing the fare and LF raised to 100% charging me 12,124 EUR. I guess LF DO NOT increase when a competitor is gone. You may check that before the game reset.
an (AirHanoverInternational ID:5980)

Air Elbonia

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: December 20, 2007, 11:21:39 pm
Quote from: "AirHanoverInternational"
Quote from: "Air Elbonia"

Ok, I now found a route where my LF was 71%. It is route number 352416 (Madeira - Leipzig-Halle). I went to edit this route but there was no competition. I clicked on "Update" without changing the fare and LF raised to 100% charging me 12,124 EUR. I guess LF DO NOT increase when a competitor is gone. You may check that before the game reset.

Definitely will be looking into this problem as i prep the code for the next age.  :?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk