Airline Mogul Forum

Recent Script Updates

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
on: November 27, 2007, 08:10:04 pm
Create Route has now been updated with a new menu system.

I am very happy to announce that the Research Route has been updated and includes the first example of AJAX on Airline Mogul. This is very big news as AJAX removes the need to refresh a page in order to submit data, it can talk to the database while a page is sitting idle and be picking up the information required.

What has changed in this script is the ability to first select a continent, then an airport to depart and arrive from. On loading of the return result you then have a list of aircraft. In order to view what engine variants are available you must click on each aircraft. This will take a moment but reduces the load on the server and database along with pageload times also.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated on this ground breaking feature for the game and look forward to more examples of this to be rolled out over the coming weeks.
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

pseudoswede

• Airline Manager
  • Play to win, not imitate.
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: November 27, 2007, 08:31:36 pm
Pretty neat. If it reduces the loads on the server, then I'm all for it. Is there a way to toggle if you want to start your search by continent or list all airports?

In addition, is there a way to add a link on the page to create a route with the given depature and arrival airports already filled in (to the Create Route - Route Details page)? Now THAT would be slick.

Planet Express Airways
Member of the FT Alliance
ID: 3446

Opinions expressed in my posts are suggestions to achieve maximum airline value and top rankings.
If you do not wish for either, then feel free to ignore.

gagahput3ra

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: November 27, 2007, 08:41:27 pm
cool!  :P

finally....don't have to scroll down for thousand times...... :lol:
img]http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/3166/gwebsair21nm8.png[/img]
GweBS Air[BS]. A New Life Is Here.
BlueSkies Members
Official Partners Of Fly Luso, Czech International Airlines, Asian Connection & Fly Mogul

Seattle

• Airline Senior Manager
  • Hello! Send me a PM!
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: November 27, 2007, 11:13:09 pm
yay. Neat improvement! 8)
British Pan Airways (BPA)

Serving London Heathrow to You and the Rest of the World!

Fly with our lie-flat beds in first and business class on all longhaul planes!

~BPA, Relax, Enjoy, Fly.

Jps

• Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: November 28, 2007, 09:57:02 am
Thanks.. I remember in the 2000's round... it was very slow waiting for all those Boeing variants to get loaded  :lol:

ID: 5000 ~ Flying Beyond The Stars

AndyC

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: November 29, 2007, 09:32:30 am
It's great that you've implemented some form of AJAX to this page, it's a very powerful tool.

However, the new way of selecting airports to research is a real pain in my neck, sometimes I have to research over 100 routes in one sitting - it doesn't remember my last selected departure airport.

I for one would like to see the old method of selecting the airports back - or at least available to use, in conjunction with the AJAX changes.

Also, the characters in a lot of airport names are screwed up in the new selection boxes.
img]http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/6280/ewaysyj4.jpg[/img]

Air Elbonia

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: November 29, 2007, 09:40:03 am
Quote from: "AndyC"
It's great that you've implemented some form of AJAX to this page, it's a very powerful tool.

However, the new way of selecting airports to research is a real pain in my neck, sometimes I have to research over 100 routes in one sitting - it doesn't remember my last selected departure airport.

I for one would like to see the old method of selecting the airports back - or at least available to use, in conjunction with the AJAX changes.

Also, the characters in a lot of airport names are screwed up in the new selection boxes.

Actually, how abouts i has the guy change it to the way the first piece of ajax in create route will be. don'ts worry about "what" that "way" is. it's a good way. 'cus i thoughts of it.  I'll definitely see if i can get him to have them default to the last selected settings.
Air Elbonia, First in Time Travel since 2073!  (AEB ID in Game: 333)

AndyC

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: November 29, 2007, 09:58:52 am
Thats woulds bes mosts excellents  :wink:

Thanks!
img]http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/6280/ewaysyj4.jpg[/img]

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: November 29, 2007, 08:28:07 pm
Create Route is now updated. Please expect more features to be announced in this thread.
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

pseudoswede

• Airline Manager
  • Play to win, not imitate.
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: November 29, 2007, 08:32:17 pm
Once again, not liking how you are forced to select the continent first.

Planet Express Airways
Member of the FT Alliance
ID: 3446

Opinions expressed in my posts are suggestions to achieve maximum airline value and top rankings.
If you do not wish for either, then feel free to ignore.

Scandalian Airlines

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: November 29, 2007, 08:34:38 pm
I like the AJAX thingy, but in create route I'd like a "View All" option, not just the different continents. The reason for this is when I update my routes I have 2 windows, one with "View Routes" and one I create new routes in. This way I can easily go though the list and see what airports I should start routes from. Let's just say I've been concentrating on filling my larger hubs like FRA and CPH with routes, and now I want to add all those routes to the smaller hubs as well. All extra clicks are a bit tiresome too, that I have to select continent for each and every route. Ok, call me a lazy bugger :D
img]http://www.lsn.se/televisionset/ScandalianAnimated.gif[/img]
Your skyrocket to elsewhere

Triple_7

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: November 29, 2007, 08:44:53 pm
I like both the research and the create route setup.  Saves a ton of scrolling about to find everything :wink:
ast Real Flight...Taiwan 2006...July 30th Through August 19th...FWA-DFW-LAX-TPE.....TPE-LAX-ORD-FWA.

Balint Rigo

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: November 29, 2007, 08:47:22 pm
Hello,

Quote from: "pseudoswede"
Pretty neat. If it reduces the loads on the server, then I'm all for it. Is there a way to toggle if you want to start your search by continent or list all airports?

In addition, is there a way to add a link on the page to create a route with the given depature and arrival airports already filled in (to the Create Route - Route Details page)? Now THAT would be slick.

I'm working on both features, expect an update soon.  :wink: Thanks for pointing it out.

Bálint
b]Bálint Rigó[/b]
AM Developer

Scandalian Airlines

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: November 29, 2007, 09:13:43 pm
Something that would help a lot would be an option that only lists airports without routes from departure airport.

Example, I have 5 gates B,C,D,E and F and a hub A.
If I fly to C and E from the hub only B,D and F would turn up in the list.

Now that's something I'd like :)
img]http://www.lsn.se/televisionset/ScandalianAnimated.gif[/img]
Your skyrocket to elsewhere

gizgiz

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: November 30, 2007, 09:25:54 am
Congratulations on implementing AJAX!
[20:28] <Jps> your still a w****r with your new sig
[20:36] <gizgiz> you know what? this channel is hopeless
[20:36] *** gizgiz was kicked from #AirlineMogul by Jps [Just get lost.]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk