Airline Mogul Forum

Gates again

Vaff · 25 · 4124

Vaff

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: November 19, 2007, 03:25:51 am
Now it is impossible to expand due to lack of gates!! In Europe there isnt a single gate left for airports whit more than 1.5 mil people. This isnt good. Should be an option to build a terminal or somthing for extra cost.
Lack of gates is ruin the game!!!
aff

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: November 19, 2007, 03:35:50 am
Complained before, will be complained again.

This happens in all airline sims. We are trying to address this issue with several features, implemented or will be in the near future.

- Gate caps have been implemented, so people can't hog more than a certain amount of gates.
- Auto-return has been implemented, so gates not utilized are freed up.
- The membership department is actively deleting accounts, especially previously banned multi-accounts and feeder accounts, which usually still have active flight. As a result, gates are freed up (and brokers are frustrated with the scraps we receive).
- Multi-world is in progress, and hopefully will be up by next round and could be used to relieve the over-saturated world.

It is not impossible to get gates from busy airports. You just have to be patient and be lucky :wink:
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

Vaff

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: November 19, 2007, 03:43:00 am
Well the problem is that many of us have a job in real life and cant be sitting 24/7 looking at this screen to find a gate.
I know you are working whit the problem, and im happy whit it. But the problem ruin this great game!
aff

PedestrianMe

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: November 19, 2007, 03:52:35 am
Quote from: "Vaff"
Well the problem is that many of us have a job in real life and cant be sitting 24/7 looking at this screen to find a gate.
I know you are working whit the problem, and im happy whit it. But the problem ruin this great game!

I think it's an exaggeration to say that's ruining the game. In fact it would ruin the game if anyone could get a gate at any airport anytime.

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: November 19, 2007, 04:28:22 am
I guess my question is, what do you want us to do?

Complaining is not productive, and it seems that our counter-measures are not satisfying you.
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

LOT 737-300

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: November 19, 2007, 05:11:32 am
I think the only feasable solution would be to lower that maximum gate rental cieling from 25 gates to say 15 gates. Implementing it now would make many airlines very angry who rent many gates at their respective markets, so putting it in next round looks good.

Vaff

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: November 19, 2007, 06:08:49 am
Well there is too many players for the availible gates! One thing you could do,  is to force people who rent more then 10 gates to build terminals.
Or even open some more gates, to level out the gate / user ratio.
I got 4 bases and have terminals on each of them. and released the rented gates to other people. Well maybe not the smartest buisness move but fair to other players.
aff

Jps

• Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: November 19, 2007, 06:44:27 am
Slow down.... Will's working on multi-worlds

ID: 5000 ~ Flying Beyond The Stars

DAK

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: November 19, 2007, 11:38:09 am
I started playing the game a week ago and actually find it extremely interesting competing against established players. It takes more skill and patience to build an airline of any value. I have had no problems gaining gates in the biggest airports in Europe and North America, I have had to change bases several times in order to move to larger airports. There are no artificial caps in slot allocation in the real world and should not be introduced in this game. Late starters need to be more creative and find value where established players cannot be bothered to look.

Jps

• Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: November 19, 2007, 11:40:27 am
^ Smart...  :lol:

That's why I went to South America  :lol:

ID: 5000 ~ Flying Beyond The Stars

LOT 737-300

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: November 19, 2007, 01:10:28 pm
Quote from: "DAK"
I started playing the game a week ago and actually find it extremely interesting competing against established players. It takes more skill and patience to build an airline of any value. I have had no problems gaining gates in the biggest airports in Europe and North America, I have had to change bases several times in order to move to larger airports. There are no artificial caps in slot allocation in the real world and should not be introduced in this game. Late starters need to be more creative and find value where established players cannot be bothered to look.

But there is a cap in the game, it's at 25 gates (250 slots). Play the Blue game, then you'll see why many people see the cap as a welcomed concept.

DAK

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: November 19, 2007, 01:17:43 pm
Invest some money in infrastructure and build a terminal

bibi974

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: November 19, 2007, 02:22:59 pm
Why don't people build a terminal??
URL=http://www.airlinemogul.com/airlinemogul/view_airline.php?id=5435][/URL]

You never rose that high!

Vaff

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: November 19, 2007, 04:22:34 pm
Becouse they keep the cometition down and can sell gates at a much higher price
aff

bibi974

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: November 19, 2007, 04:28:23 pm
smart

I assume that when you build a terminal other players can have those newly built gates then. do you(the one who built the terminal) get their gate renting fee?
URL=http://www.airlinemogul.com/airlinemogul/view_airline.php?id=5435][/URL]

You never rose that high!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk