Airline Mogul Forum

Brokerage system

AirHanoverInternational

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Manager
    • View Profile
on: November 16, 2007, 12:59:58 pm
As my "business english" is a little limited and I could not get the information from the manual I have some questions about the brokerage system. I understand that brokers may  :wink: accept orders for aircrafts for reduced prices which is an advantage to the regular order from the manufacturer. I have seen something in the forum that confuses me. When I place an order at the manufacturer I will have to pay the complete price in advance. I saw somewhere that giving an order to a broker I will have to pay a part of it first and the rest when it arrives. Is that true? If so will it take the same time to be delivered as if I had ordered the aircrafts from the manufacturer? Are there other advantages to order from a broker or are there disadvantages? Does the discount depend on the amount of aircrafts I order? Thanks.
an (AirHanoverInternational ID:5980)

Jps

• Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: November 16, 2007, 01:11:02 pm
Quote from: "AirHanoverInternational"
As my "business english" is a little limited and I could not get the information from the manual I have some questions about the brokerage system. I understand that brokers may  :wink: accept orders for aircrafts for reduced prices which is an advantage to the regular order from the manufacturer. I have seen something in the forum that confuses me. When I place an order at the manufacturer I will have to pay the complete price in advance. I saw somewhere that giving an order to a broker I will have to pay a part of it first and the rest when it arrives. Is that true? If so will it take the same time to be delivered as if I had ordered the aircrafts from the manufacturer? Are there other advantages to order from a broker or are there disadvantages? Does the discount depend on the amount of aircrafts I order? Thanks.

1. Yes you pay a part of it first.. then the broker pays the rest

2. yup same time

3. Advantages are.. discounts... disadvantages are you need to buy them within 3 days

4. No

ID: 5000 ~ Flying Beyond The Stars

AirHanoverInternational

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: November 16, 2007, 01:17:31 pm
Quote from: "Jps"

1. Yes you pay a part of it first.. then the broker pays the rest

2. yup same time

3. Advantages are.. discounts... disadvantages are you need to buy them within 3 days

4. No

3. ? Does this mean if I pay the whole money right after the broker accepted I will receive the aircrafts without any delivery time?

Jps

• Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: November 16, 2007, 01:30:19 pm
No.. there is still delivery time.. you pay the rest to the broker when the broker gets the aircrafts

AirHanoverInternational

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: November 16, 2007, 01:37:21 pm
Ok, see if I got it. Lets say I plan to introduce 10 L-1049 into service but do not have the whole money right now. I place the order at a broker and take 5 of those on the second day and 5 on the third day, right?

Jps

• Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: November 16, 2007, 01:38:44 pm
Ok, see if I got it. Lets say I plan to introduce 10 L-1049 into service but do not have the whole money right now. I place the order at a broker and take 5 of those on the second day and 5 on the third day, right?

You place the order (70% of the value you need to place)... the broker accepts it... then it takes 24 hours for the plane to arrive. then you got 3 days to buy it..

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: November 16, 2007, 01:43:39 pm
Quote from: "Jps"
You place the order (70% of the value you need to place)... the broker accepts it... then it takes 24 hours for the plane to arrive. then you got 3 days to buy it..

You place the order at 35% downpayment up front. Then wait for someone (or a specific broker if you could to private an airline) to accept it. Then wait for the plane to be delivered. The delivery time is as usual, like you buy from the manufacturer, which in this case would be 48 hours (for Connie's). Then the plane would be delivered directly to you for pick up in your incoming private offers page. You have 72 hours to pay the remainder of the $$, and take the planes.
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

pseudoswede

• Airline Manager
  • Play to win, not imitate.
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: November 16, 2007, 03:09:31 pm
Quote from: "dktc"
The delivery time is as usual, like you buy from the manufacturer, which in this case would be 24 hours (for L-1049's). Then the plane would be delivered directly to you for pick up in your incoming private offers page. You have 72 hours to pay the remainder of the $$, and take the planes.

Corrected. ;)

Planet Express Airways
Member of the FT Alliance
ID: 3446

Opinions expressed in my posts are suggestions to achieve maximum airline value and top rankings.
If you do not wish for either, then feel free to ignore.

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: November 16, 2007, 03:13:15 pm
:?
Which plane is 48 hours again? R6V?

(oh well... i need more sleep~~)
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

AirHanoverInternational

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: November 16, 2007, 03:26:32 pm
Thanks for all your information.

Jps

• Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: November 16, 2007, 03:40:59 pm
Quote from: "dktc"
:?
Which plane is 48 hours again? R6V?

(oh well... i need more sleep~~)

R6v and Sud-est

AirHanoverInternational

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: November 18, 2007, 10:30:58 am
Could someone please explain in simple English what the "markup" is? If this is a negative value say -3% does it mean I will buy it for list price-3%?

gagahput3ra

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: November 18, 2007, 10:44:11 am
Could someone please explain in simple English what the "markup" is? If this is a negative value say -3% does it mean I will buy it for list price-3%?

yep. it means, you get 3 percent discount. that's the simplest explanation i can make  :lol:
img]http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/3166/gwebsair21nm8.png[/img]
GweBS Air[BS]. A New Life Is Here.
BlueSkies Members
Official Partners Of Fly Luso, Czech International Airlines, Asian Connection & Fly Mogul

AirHanoverInternational

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: November 18, 2007, 10:53:19 am
Thanks. English is not my first language and the "up" in markup confused me a bit. :roll:

gagahput3ra

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: November 18, 2007, 11:05:50 am
Thanks. English is not my first language and the "up" in markup confused me a bit. :roll:

well for someone who doesn't use english in daily basis you seems to have a very good english grammar  :D

i mean....look at me  :? i never understand english grammar since i'm in the 6th grade  :roll:  :lol:
img]http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/3166/gwebsair21nm8.png[/img]
GweBS Air[BS]. A New Life Is Here.
BlueSkies Members
Official Partners Of Fly Luso, Czech International Airlines, Asian Connection & Fly Mogul

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk