Airline Mogul Forum

Gate Search

AirHanoverInternational

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Manager
    • View Profile
on: November 12, 2007, 11:07:36 am
When I do a "Gate Search" from my Hannover base (parameters: minimum passengers 11,000,000 and Africa) it shows me Algiers and Johannesburg International.
When I do a "Gate Search" from my Heraklion, Madeira or Tromso base (parameters: minimum passengers 11,000,000 and Africa) it shows me Johannesburg International only.
an (AirHanoverInternational ID:5980)

Jps

• Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: November 12, 2007, 11:52:42 am
Isn't Paris CDG, London Stansted/Gatwick/Heathrow, Stockholm, Lisbon Portela, Madrid and many more over 11m?  :lol:

ID: 5000 ~ Flying Beyond The Stars

AirHanoverInternational

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: November 12, 2007, 11:56:50 am
Quote from: "Jps"
Isn't Paris CDG, London Stansted/Gatwick/Heathrow, Stockholm, Lisbon Portela, Madrid and many more over 11m?  :lol:

:shock: ? Are they located in Africa? Did you read the parameters I mentioned in the brackets?  :lol:

Jps

• Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: November 12, 2007, 11:58:29 am
Oh right... Actually this isnt a bug there are only 2 airports in Africa that reach 11m+

Cairo is 10m.. or something

AirHanoverInternational

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: November 12, 2007, 01:15:10 pm
Hey, you dont get it, huh ? :wink: Is my english that bad ?

Another try: From Hannover it shows Johannesburg AND Algiers. From all the others it shows Johannesburg only. So where is that +#@ยง$ airport Algiers ? I am just exchanging the departure airport. I am still searching for "airports with 11,000,000 passengers minimum (no maximum is set) in Africa".

Jps

• Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: November 12, 2007, 01:43:42 pm
The others are too far?

AirHanoverInternational

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: November 12, 2007, 02:21:42 pm
This cannot be the reason either as I find both airports, too when I do the search from my base Petropavlovsk. And this one is really far away. Also Algiers is a lot closer to all my bases than Johannesburg. Last but not least: does the distance really matters for "Gate Search"? I can find Australian airports when doing a search for my Tromso base.

Thanks anyway of taking care of this problem.

Edit:
Just a thought: could the cause be that I created routes from Tromso, Heraklion and Madeira to Algiers already? If so I need a route from Hannover to Algiers. Did not know that I left it out so far  :D

Air Elbonia

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: November 12, 2007, 07:08:32 pm
Quote from: "AirHanoverInternational"
This cannot be the reason either as I find both airports, too when I do the search from my base Petropavlovsk. And this one is really far away. Also Algiers is a lot closer to all my bases than Johannesburg. Last but not least: does the distance really matters for "Gate Search"? I can find Australian airports when doing a search for my Tromso base.

Edit:
Just a thought: could the cause be that I created routes from Tromso, Heraklion and Madeira to Algiers already? If so I need a route from Hannover to Algiers. Did not know that I left it out so far  :D

yes. that would be the case.

gate search only finds gates your airport in question does not already serve directly.  If you serve Algiers from X airport, it will not show on the list for that airport.  The point of gate search is more to help you find new airports you don't serve (regardless of if you have a gate there or not), then to find airports you already serve. i thought it would be more useful that way.  if i'm wrong, i'm sure i can create an option to show all airports for the given parameters regardless of service.
Air Elbonia, First in Time Travel since 2073!  (AEB ID in Game: 333)

AirHanoverInternational

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: November 12, 2007, 07:30:04 pm
Maybe there would just be a checkbox "hide airports you already serve from chosen base" or something similiar. That would make it easier for beginners. Would also be nice if it could be shown that you already have a gate at those airports. I now have 158 gates and cannot recall them all. I once wanted to create a route to Hongkong but could not. Thought there was a bug. But I mixed it up with Bangkok  :wink: It is nothing really important - just a comfortable addition.

Seattle

• Airline Senior Manager
  • Hello! Send me a PM!
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: November 12, 2007, 10:59:41 pm

Edit:

So your the one in Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky. (Just to let you know, I am COMING :twisted: )
British Pan Airways (BPA)

Serving London Heathrow to You and the Rest of the World!

Fly with our lie-flat beds in first and business class on all longhaul planes!

~BPA, Relax, Enjoy, Fly.

AirHanoverInternational

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: November 13, 2007, 03:23:51 pm
Quote from: "Seattle"

Edit:

So your the one in Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky. (Just to let you know, I am COMING :twisted: )

F***, give a newbie a chance ! :wink: Competition is so hard at the other airports I have  :cry: (Hope that crying helped a little to keep you out from my bases...)

Jps

• Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: November 13, 2007, 03:27:18 pm
Watch the language  :D

If you are based at Hannover and operating Hannover-Dublin/Stockholm/Helsinki/Prague/Lisbon Portela/Pulkov-5.. your dead  :lol:

AirHanoverInternational

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: November 13, 2007, 03:37:55 pm
Quote from: "Jps"
Watch the language  :D

If you are based at Hannover and operating Hannover-Dublin/Stockholm/Helsinki/Prague/Lisbon Portela/Pulkov-5.. your dead  :lol:

No/Yes/No/No/No/Yes does it mean I am 1/3 dead ? :shock:

Jps

• Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: November 13, 2007, 03:39:23 pm
No  :wink:

I cant be bothered to edit the routes that are worthless....  :lol:

Because half of my value were from aircraft trading... $$$$  8)

AirHanoverInternational

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: November 13, 2007, 03:46:38 pm
As I started too late I could sell my DC-3 only by offering them below list price  :cry:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk