Airline Mogul Forum

Rankings Update

Seattle

• Airline Senior Manager
  • Hello! Send me a PM!
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: November 11, 2007, 07:37:34 pm
Quote from: "dktc"
Come on. Busses are interesting. I used to sit on busses spoting other busses when I was small.

:shock:

Plus, they stink of stinky things....
British Pan Airways (BPA)

Serving London Heathrow to You and the Rest of the World!

Fly with our lie-flat beds in first and business class on all longhaul planes!

~BPA, Relax, Enjoy, Fly.

AndyC

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: November 11, 2007, 11:04:46 pm
Quote from: "Hampo"
All busses look the same to me? They have wheels and windows and move, take people from A-B  :shock:

i think that is the meaning of 'sad' :D

People say the same thing about our planes.  :roll:
img]http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/6280/ewaysyj4.jpg[/img]

blastpast

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: November 12, 2007, 09:04:40 am
yeah exactly. they do say the same thing about planes. a plane flies people from one airport to another. but other people can look up in the sky and tell you exactly what make and model that plane flying at FL350 is.

anyways, i was just going to say thanks stephen for the updated rankings page. i always meant to say something about it somewhere, but i guess it'd been discussed enough.  :wink:    oddly enough i think the part i like about it best is that it doesnt take 10 seconds to load anymore. i hated that. so thanks for updating it and making it load faster.

Scandalian Airlines

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: November 12, 2007, 10:02:26 am
There was a show in Sweden called "100 höjdare" (100 great ones) that focused on 100 strange persons in Sweden, one of them was a bus spotter :lol:
He travelled like 1000 km just to see a city bus in Malmoe. And when the bus came into the bus stop he hauled up his camera gear and went crazy. Also went onboard and took photos. I lauhged like hell.

I went 1600 km to see an airplane that I took pics of like crazy, but I consider myself 100% sane :lol: (It was A380 btw)
img]http://www.lsn.se/televisionset/ScandalianAnimated.gif[/img]
Your skyrocket to elsewhere

Jps

• Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: November 12, 2007, 11:59:30 am
Quote from: "Scandalian Airlines"
There was a show in Sweden called "100 höjdare" (100 great ones) that focused on 100 strange persons in Sweden, one of them was a bus spotter :lol:
He travelled like 1000 km just to see a city bus in Malmoe. And when the bus came into the bus stop he hauled up his camera gear and went crazy. Also went onboard and took photos. I lauhged like hell.

I went 1600 km to see an airplane that I took pics of like crazy, but I consider myself 100% sane :lol: (It was A380 btw)

Where?

ID: 5000 ~ Flying Beyond The Stars

Seattle

• Airline Senior Manager
  • Hello! Send me a PM!
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: November 12, 2007, 06:01:32 pm
Quote from: "Jps"
Quote from: "Scandalian Airlines"

Where?

I wonder?   :roll:

~BPA, Relax, Enjoy, Fly.

AirHanoverInternational

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: November 12, 2007, 06:30:10 pm
As he seems to be from Sweden he may have visited the Airbus facility in Toulouse? Just a guess.

I have also seen the A380 9 months ago. Ok, not really, just the sections of some at the Airbus factory in Hamburg  :wink: Nice thing was that they have the customers logo on a sign above it. So I know who will get ser no 32...35  8)
an (AirHanoverInternational ID:5980)

Scandalian Airlines

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: November 12, 2007, 09:08:38 pm
Quote from: "Jps"

Where?

Tolouse, or not Tolouse, that is the Question :D

Seriously, it was at Le Bourget in 2005, and here's a pic of the big white whale, with the A380 behind...:
http://www.airliners.net/uf/view.file?id=536887364&filename=1144325761EHousu.jpg
img]http://www.lsn.se/televisionset/ScandalianAnimated.gif[/img]
Your skyrocket to elsewhere

AirHanoverInternational

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: November 12, 2007, 09:25:59 pm
Hey I was close, wasnt it? :wink:
an (AirHanoverInternational ID:5980)

bryandaja

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: November 12, 2007, 09:33:45 pm
Quote from: "AirHanoverInternational"
As he seems to be from Sweden he may have visited the Airbus facility in Toulouse? Just a guess.

I have also seen the A380 9 months ago. Ok, not really, just the sections of some at the Airbus factory in Hamburg  :wink: Nice thing was that they have the customers logo on a sign above it. So I know who will get ser no 32...35  8)

I was on my way to SFO airport to fly Southwest Airlines (no-frills airline) on October 7, when out of the train's window left side I could see an A380 parked at a gate. No airline or logo, just "A380." It was great; and no one else in the train car seemed to give a damn. My girlfriend said it looked small and unimpressive. There were a lot of 747s around, and it's hard to see wingspan from an elevated train a quarter-mile away.

Seattle

• Airline Senior Manager
  • Hello! Send me a PM!
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: November 12, 2007, 10:45:26 pm
Quote from: "bryandaja"

I was on my way to SFO airport to fly Southwest Airlines (no-frills airline) on October 7, when out of the train's window left side I could see an A380 parked at a gate. No airline or logo, just "A380." It was great; and no one else in the train car seemed to give a damn. My girlfriend said it looked small and unimpressive. There were a lot of 747s around, and it's hard to see wingspan from an elevated train a quarter-mile away.

I wish it would come to Seattle, just to anger Boeing to make something bigger and better.  :D

~BPA, Relax, Enjoy, Fly.

Air Elbonia

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: November 12, 2007, 11:48:34 pm
Quote from: "Seattle"
Quote from: "bryandaja"

I wish it would come to Seattle, just to anger Boeing to make something bigger and better.  :D

actually, i doubt that Boeing will make an A380 sized plane in the near future, it won out it seems on what the market wanted.  A380 sales have been relatively poor, whereas the 787 dreamliner has had the most successful launch of any new aircraft design.  they've shown an edge in innovation, and read the market's demand for range, flexibility, and fuel/cost efficiency in a manner which seems to have had significant success and given them a significant edge over Airbus (as the a350xwb is not to be released until around 2013) compared to the A380's small sales and questionable profitability (there's some sneaking suspicions going around that the only way airbus can sell it is through heavy discounting, cutting into the ROI on the entire project).

Boeing simply answered the a380 with an upgraded 747 (the 747-800) which was a relatively cheap project, doesn't match the girth of the A380 but simply provides an expanded, more fuel efficient, longer range 747.  which seems pretty prudent to me, as the A380 seems to only be desired by Emirates (as they account for about 1/3rd of the A380's order books) and to replace some high density, hub to hub routes in high traffic airlines (British Airways purchased a few A380s and several 747-8's, stating this in essence).

I think Boeing's next big move will be a new model of the 777 or 767. maybe in 5 or 10 years a new composite model of the 737.
Air Elbonia, First in Time Travel since 2073!  (AEB ID in Game: 333)

Seattle

• Airline Senior Manager
  • Hello! Send me a PM!
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: November 13, 2007, 12:11:17 am
I know, I just want them to build something larger for prestige.  :D

I think will be seeing a new 757/A321 sized plane coming out soon (as a all new set of planes from Boeing)

But for now I can for see the closure of the 767 line, unless Boeing wins the US tanker agreement and it looks like the governmant is leaning towards them. Then a 787-1000, a larger, shorter or longer ranged variant by 2013/14 with a 777-300LR, just as large, but can go just as far as a 777-200LR. Clearer plans for the 747-800i and Freighter by 2009/10. My favorite, a newly sized 767-???F or even passenger version to made from composite material to battle the A330 better?

Just my ideas...  :D

~BPA, Relax, Enjoy, Fly.

CMS

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: November 13, 2007, 04:16:29 am
Quote from: "Air Elbonia"

actually, i doubt that Boeing will make an A380 sized plane in the near future, it won out it seems on what the market wanted.  A380 sales have been relatively poor, whereas the 787 dreamliner has had the most successful launch of any new aircraft design.  they've shown an edge in innovation, and read the market's demand for range, flexibility, and fuel/cost efficiency in a manner which seems to have had significant success and given them a significant edge over Airbus (as the a350xwb is not to be released until around 2013) compared to the A380's small sales and questionable profitability (there's some sneaking suspicions going around that the only way airbus can sell it is through heavy discounting, cutting into the ROI on the entire project).

Boeing simply answered the a380 with an upgraded 747 (the 747-800) which was a relatively cheap project, doesn't match the girth of the A380 but simply provides an expanded, more fuel efficient, longer range 747.  which seems pretty prudent to me, as the A380 seems to only be desired by Emirates (as they account for about 1/3rd of the A380's order books) and to replace some high density, hub to hub routes in high traffic airlines (British Airways purchased a few A380s and several 747-8's, stating this in essence).

I think Boeing's next big move will be a new model of the 777 or 767. maybe in 5 or 10 years a new composite model of the 737.

Thats exactly right.  The next phase for Boeing is replacing almost their entire line.  for an idea look at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boeing_Y3

Christopher
ankee Airways (YAW):6271
Winning service sense 1865

Jps

• Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: November 13, 2007, 10:39:26 am
..off topic..

Is the A380 going to be added  :lol:

ID: 5000 ~ Flying Beyond The Stars

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk