Airline Mogul Forum

ROI on Super Constellations

IonWorks

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: November 07, 2007, 07:52:10 pm
I've only been playing for a few weeks, and just took delivery of my first Lockheed Super Constellation.  I'm having a little bit of trouble figuring out how to maximize revenue for these puppies.  For my first plane, I did one long-haul route, and filled-in the rest of the hours with some short-haul routes.  If I take the purchase price and divide by the current DOP for the plane, I get a complete ROI after 6.6 [RL] days.  Does that sound about right?  It's much longer than it takes for me to recoup the purchase price of the smaller planes, so I was curious if 6.6 days is a good, medium, or bad number, in your experience.

Thanks!
David

IonWorks
AirlineID: 6654

pTr

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: November 07, 2007, 08:07:47 pm
6.6... Thats not bad, decent. If you are only a start-up airline, I would suggest using the plane on short, and mid range routes, this way you could maximize the potential profit of the aircraft.
img]http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff56/ptrshih/shanghaiyt3.gif[/img]

Shanghai Airlines ID:655

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: November 07, 2007, 09:10:53 pm
Small planes are nearly always better investments in term of ROI. It is just that at a certain point you would run out of short-haul destinations.
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

Blue Sky Mine

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: November 11, 2007, 04:21:33 pm
and you'd also have trouble because of the 100 or so routes you have to update daily... believe me, I've experienced this :oops:
EO Blue Sky Mine (XAI), ID 2041

Mein Maserati fährt 210,
Schwupp, die Polizei hat´s nicht geseh´n,
das macht Spaß!
Ich geb Gas, ich geb Gas

AirHanoverInternational

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: November 12, 2007, 11:32:04 am
Hm, my best Lockheed is 9.5 real days (DOP 240k)! Love the Comet: 2.3 and a better DOP of 344k. Seven out of the ten best aircrafts (by DOP) are Comets and just three of them are Lockheeds.
an (AirHanoverInternational ID:5980)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk