Airline Mogul Forum

Sharing some AM experience (Product of OpenSkies)

pTr · 38 · 7673

nwadeltaboy

• Airline Senior Manager
  • AM's official Spammer. Check my post counts.
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: November 09, 2007, 09:56:33 pm
Those difficulty rates for the continents--is there an advantage to going to a continent with a higher difficulty rate (other than Europe because i would never base there).

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: November 10, 2007, 12:26:26 am
You could have an opportunity to get to the top in rankings for all players if you base in higher rated regions. Or... you can't get to the top if you base in Central America, as pointed out by Max. Mind you, basing in competitive regions only give you a chance to the top, not necessarily it, but at least you have a chance.
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

pTr

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: November 10, 2007, 03:48:00 am
Quote from: "jameswyhk"
What should I do in Australia? I am making little profit in Australia's regional market. It seems that Middle East is extremely easy. There are so many airports that have so many pax. There are less airlines than Oceania. Maybe I'll have to move again? (but I don't want to disturb the admins)

Australia isn't that bad, as I mentioned before, Australia has decent airports such as Sydney and Melbourne and so on.. also, its close to south east asia, which has quite a couple large airports too.
img]http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff56/ptrshih/shanghaiyt3.gif[/img]

Shanghai Airlines ID:655

jameswyhk

• Airline Supervisor
  • So inactive...
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: November 10, 2007, 04:23:01 am
Quote from: "pTr"
Quote from: "jameswyhk"
What should I do in Australia? I am making little profit in Australia's regional market. It seems that Middle East is extremely easy. There are so many airports that have so many pax. There are less airlines than Oceania. Maybe I'll have to move again? (but I don't want to disturb the admins)

Australia isn't that bad, as I mentioned before, Australia has decent airports such as Sydney and Melbourne and so on.. also, its close to south east asia, which has quite a couple large airports too.

moved to middle east

------

Jps

• Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: November 10, 2007, 05:57:51 am
^ Would someone tell him to make up his mind. He's been changing about 6 times now.

Anyways the Tu-70 isn't much profit to me  :cry:

ID: 5000 ~ Flying Beyond The Stars

lc_461

• Airline Operative
  • Fly Star International
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: November 10, 2007, 07:16:07 am
Middle East isnt dead easy... It can be depending on your airport choice, but Dubai, Mashaad, Abu Dhabi.. All have more players than Sydney. I think there were even 0 gates left at Dubai yesterday.!  :o

ID: 1940
World 187: Star International Hubs: JFK
Proud Member of the Star Alliance

jameswyhk

• Airline Supervisor
  • So inactive...
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: November 10, 2007, 03:00:14 pm
Quote from: "lc_461"
Middle East isnt dead easy... It can be depending on your airport choice, but Dubai, Mashaad, Abu Dhabi.. All have more players than Sydney. I think there were even 0 gates left at Dubai yesterday.!  :o

Yes, there are no gates left in Dubai but I managed to create a base there just before it went out.

------

jameswyhk

• Airline Supervisor
  • So inactive...
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: November 10, 2007, 03:25:52 pm
Quote from: "Jps"
^ Would someone tell him to make up his mind. He's been changing about 6 times now.

I have decided not to move before there is a plane that can fly from Paris to Far-east(e.g. Hong Kong, Taipei and Tokyo)

------

LOT 737-300

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: November 10, 2007, 03:53:17 pm
Quote from: "Jps"

Thats quite odd, the Tu-70 works wonders for my airline, since I got the first one, it helped my DOP go up very quickly, it's nothing like the Connie (which I send on my larger cities, which explains the difference in DOP), but flies very well. I guess not every plane works for every airline though.

Seattle

• Airline Senior Manager
  • Hello! Send me a PM!
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: November 10, 2007, 05:01:08 pm
I'm finding the Sud-Est S.E.2010 Armagnac very useful on shorter flights were I can get rid of my Martins and Douglas'.

The Breda-Za.... is perfectly priced. It works wonders in Russia.
British Pan Airways (BPA)

Serving London Heathrow to You and the Rest of the World!

Fly with our lie-flat beds in first and business class on all longhaul planes!

~BPA, Relax, Enjoy, Fly.

Dora

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: November 10, 2007, 05:16:25 pm
That's why I bought as many as over 10 types of plane. I found that types to types work fine in various routes.
Of course excluding Tokyo, Beijing and Guangzho, where my competitors found Lockheed is the only plane to success.
Doraemon Airlines (id 849)

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: November 10, 2007, 10:36:31 pm
I have to say, this is quite an interesting idea for a thead. Looking forward to reading it fully soon. :)
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

Seattle

• Airline Senior Manager
  • Hello! Send me a PM!
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: November 11, 2007, 12:35:16 am
Antartica is the hardest 10/10.... I tried making a base their, but it would,nt let me.... :(

~BPA, Relax, Enjoy, Fly.

nwadeltaboy

• Airline Senior Manager
  • AM's official Spammer. Check my post counts.
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: November 11, 2007, 03:35:35 am
Quote from: "Seattle"
Antartica is the hardest 10/10.... I tried making a base their, but it would,nt let me.... :(

Last time i checked one airline had rented a gate in antarctica (brave airline 8) ) and their busiest airport is 300 pax.  The worst part aboud moving to antarctica--the competition is very fierce :P

Seattle

• Airline Senior Manager
  • Hello! Send me a PM!
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: November 11, 2007, 05:22:23 am
Quote from: "nwaboy"
Quote from: "Seattle"

Last time i checked one airline had rented a gate in antarctica (brave airline 8) ) and their busiest airport is 300 pax.  The worst part aboud moving to antarctica--the competition is very fierce :P

:lol:

Antarctic express.... That was the airline their last game...

~BPA, Relax, Enjoy, Fly.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk