Airline Mogul Forum

Massive Airlines

zkvac · 37 · 7130

zkvac

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
    • granturismoworld.piczo.com
on: October 29, 2007, 04:54:29 am
Ok guys, how do you do it? I've been going near a week now (RL time) And I have one DC-3, One Dove and one Dragon. If the game was reset on the 11th of October, how have you grown so much so quickly? Do you pick a region with nearly no other competition and charge ludicrously high fares or what? I'm in NZ (Asia region) btw, and I have a fair bit of competition on my routes, so that might be my problem.
Public World #2119 - VincentAir (Australasia)

nwadeltaboy

• Airline Senior Manager
  • AM's official Spammer. Check my post counts.
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: October 29, 2007, 07:47:30 am
Three planes that each cost less than $4 million won't get you very far.  Buy an Avro or a Martin and see what happens. :D

zkvac

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: October 29, 2007, 08:29:37 am
Quote from: "nwaboy"
Three planes that each cost less than $4 million won't get you very far.  Buy an Avro or a Martin and see what happens. :D

The thing is, I can't afford it. I'm getting 50 grand a day. Do i just wait and keep saving?

blastpast

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: October 29, 2007, 08:33:24 am
easy, we have no life  :lol:  just kidding. we're very quick with the time we have at the game. research fast, find the most profitable routes, start at the biggest airports in the world, and find the most economical planes that will help to result in the most profit. you take advantage of the brokerage system to order your planes. decently cheap planes that have at least 20 seats, and a greater range than the dc-3. a lot of airlines though, especially and mainly in europe, can use dc-3's because there are so many airports within 1000 nm. paris, london, frankfurt just to name a few all very close.

i'm not near the best on here. still a long way to go. but i'm not doing too bad either i dont think. i have 129 airlines in front of me right now in the world, and i hope to keep climing up.

zkvac

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: October 29, 2007, 09:11:51 am
Thanks, is it best to use the airplane rankings system to find the better aircraft?

MrOrange

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: October 29, 2007, 09:59:37 am
In some cases yes, but this won't guarantee you get the best aircraft for your particular case. You're best off looking for aircraft in your price class, and then looking at range, number of passengers, fuel cost etc. etc. to get the best possible aircraft.

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: October 29, 2007, 10:06:56 am
Quote from: "zkvac"
Thanks, is it best to use the airplane rankings system to find the better aircraft?

That is the issue with most of you new players nowadays. You don't want to work. :roll: Look at the airplane rankings to find the best planes, and look at the departure and arrival list to find your destinations :roll: Those are about the worst way you coud do.

You are asking why some players have massive airlines. Maybe because they have put thought into the game? Maybe they have done some research? A classical example would be while you look at the departure list to find your desinations, and get onto routes that everyone is competiting in, but another player does his own research and start routes without any competition. The other player would undoubtedly get better results.
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

zkvac

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: October 29, 2007, 10:07:14 am
Ok, so a good thing to to when we reset in 1960 is to choose a region with a lot of high density routes, and do as many flights a day as possible with as high a fare as possible? Maybe Europe or the USA? I chose Asia this time but i think most of the high density route distances are too far for the planes available at the moment.

EDIT:
dktc, sorry if I upset you, that's not what I did choosing my routes, the routes I fly have not much competition, but have small passenger numbers. I chose them because my base is my real world hometown, and I fly most of my routes IRL quite often. I'll put some thought into it next time :wink:

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: October 29, 2007, 10:09:17 am
Study the profitable routes and look for a pattern. High density may not be the absolute.
D Express (id 616) 8)

Pacific

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: October 29, 2007, 11:25:00 am
Everything I chose had a thought.  The cities I fly to and the aircraft I selected.  Although I skipped the Page Hermes and went straight to Stratocruisers because I was too lazy to spend 4 hours a day creating routes.

Jps

• Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: October 29, 2007, 11:49:57 am
Quote from: "Pacific"
Everything I chose had a thought.  The cities I fly to and the aircraft I selected.  Although I skipped the Page Hermes and went straight to Stratocruisers because I was too lazy to spend 4 hours a day creating routes.

Thats why im having trouble at Helsinki the only base i couldn't bother to move out the DC-3's...Dont worry ARIA, the Hermes and R6V are rolling in

ID: 5000 ~ Flying Beyond The Stars

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: October 29, 2007, 05:56:03 pm
dktc, sorry if I upset you

Nope, you didn;t upset me at all.
D Express (id 616) 8)

Armygrognard

Reply #12 on: October 29, 2007, 07:57:03 pm
Ok guys, how do you do it? I've been going near a week now (RL time) And I have one DC-3, One Dove and one Dragon. If the game was reset on the 11th of October, how have you grown so much so quickly? Do you pick a region with nearly no other competition and charge ludicrously high fares or what? I'm in NZ (Asia region) btw, and I have a fair bit of competition on my routes, so that might be my problem.

Persistence and ruthlessness.  I started waaaaay later than you last round and clawed my way up.

nofrills

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: October 29, 2007, 10:51:23 pm
Some of us calculate cost per available seat mile, nickel and dime passengers with stupid fees, screw small towns with only one flight every other day and charge $2000 because there's no competition, all the while bleeding our employees' pension and refuse to renegotiate their pay.  Wait, it's just like rl ...

warreng24

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: October 29, 2007, 10:53:11 pm
Many airlines built themselves up with massive DOP's due to use of flying 0.5 frequencies to many destinations.
irXpress (ID: 1955)
Flying only Round-Trips....

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk