Airline Mogul Forum

Missing Airports

Michael

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: October 27, 2007, 10:01:54 pm
We can put here the names of airports still missing in the game.

My first suggestion:

GENOA (GOA) in Italy.
ULSAR AIRWAYS - ITALIAN COMMUTER

pseudoswede

• Airline Manager
  • Play to win, not imitate.
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: October 27, 2007, 10:06:20 pm

Planet Express Airways
Member of the FT Alliance
ID: 3446

Opinions expressed in my posts are suggestions to achieve maximum airline value and top rankings.
If you do not wish for either, then feel free to ignore.

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: October 27, 2007, 10:13:04 pm
Moved.

Find the pax and cargo traffic, the runway length and teh airport location, and then submit them using the above link. The pax and cargo traffic should be no older than 2004, preferably 2006, real life data.
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

chrissxb

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: October 28, 2007, 09:56:31 pm
I did submit Lille Lesquin a couple of days ago (using that link) nothing happened so far. whats the average time to get an airport added?
thx

chris

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: October 28, 2007, 10:00:31 pm
The average time is... in due time. They will get approved based on hpscot08's schedule.
D Express (id 616) 8)

hpscot08

• Administrator
  • Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: October 30, 2007, 04:33:21 am
All the airports submitted before yesterday were approved yesterday morning. And the ones submitted yesterday were approved last night. I'm in CST in case u didn't know :D

KampfHase

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: October 30, 2007, 05:30:07 am
Would it be possible to submit suggestions to modify exising airport data? For example I notice that LEJ Leipzig, Germany had more than 20.000 tons of Cargo in 2006 and not ~7.000 like in the game. I know Cargo is not important at this point of time but it will be when Cargo is available.
reets - Oli
Ertlines - showing LEJ the world

TJPatek

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: October 30, 2007, 03:45:20 pm
I am trying to submit some airports but I do not know the format of to submit the latitude and longitude.  In what format do you want the latitude and longitude? Can you please give me a website to retrieve this information?  What is GCM and where do I find it?

Also, I have a couple of different websites I am retrieving my information, do I separate the websites with a comma (,) or semicolon (;)

Thanks.

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: October 30, 2007, 04:29:40 pm
Quote from: "TJPatek"
I am trying to submit some airports but I do not know the format of to submit the latitude and longitude.  In what format do you want the latitude and longitude? Can you please give me a website to retrieve this information?  What is GCM and where do I find it?

Also, I have a couple of different websites I am retrieving my information, do I separate the websites with a comma (,) or semicolon (;)

Thanks.

Lat and Long should be in decimal form. You can retrieve them from Great Circle Mapper (GCM) most of the time. The address is http://gc.kls2.com/

You can seperate the sources with comma or semicolon. It doesn't matter as long as we can read the sources and verify the information.
D Express (id 616) 8)

Seattle

• Airline Senior Manager
  • Hello! Send me a PM!
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: October 31, 2007, 05:56:28 am
sbmitted my 5th airport and I can only say that I had to estimate the pax... is that ok? (its reasonable)
British Pan Airways (BPA)

Serving London Heathrow to You and the Rest of the World!

Fly with our lie-flat beds in first and business class on all longhaul planes!

~BPA, Relax, Enjoy, Fly.

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: October 31, 2007, 11:40:37 am
Quote from: "Seattle"
sbmitted my 5th airport and I can only say that I had to estimate the pax... is that ok? (its reasonable)

Not really.
D Express (id 616) 8)

TJPatek

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: November 02, 2007, 04:39:57 am
Try this site for United States passenger loads...

http://www.faa.gov/airports_airtraffic/airports/planning_capacity/passenger_allcargo_stats/passenger/media/cy06_primary_np_comm.pdf

I haven't found a site with cargo tonnage, however.

Tim

travismb99

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: December 10, 2007, 06:42:42 am
The Bureau of Transportation Statistics has handy-dandy fact sheets available online for every single airport in the United States with scheduled air service, listing passenger and cargo/mail traffic.

http://www.transtats.bts.gov/airports.asp?pn=1&Airport=SHR&Airport_Name=Sheridan,%20WY:%20Sheridan%20County&carrier=FACTS

That's the sheet for Sheridan County Airport in Wyoming, for example.

Our tax dollars at work :)

I just added a bunch of missing California and Wyoming airports with the data from this service.

To find airports that aren't in the dropdown menu, just click "Show all airports" underneath it.
acific Southwest Airlines - W10 - Catch our smile - ICAO:PS/#8304

empedocles

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: December 10, 2007, 02:42:42 pm
Quote from: "travismb99"
The Bureau of Transportation Statistics has handy-dandy fact sheets available online for every single airport in the United States with scheduled air service, listing passenger and cargo/mail traffic.

http://www.transtats.bts.gov/airports.asp?pn=1&Airport=SHR&Airport_Name=Sheridan,%20WY:%20Sheridan%20County&carrier=FACTS

That's the sheet for Sheridan County Airport in Wyoming, for example.

Our tax dollars at work :)

I just added a bunch of missing California and Wyoming airports with the data from this service.

To find airports that aren't in the dropdown menu, just click "Show all airports" underneath it.

For pax, are you adding together arriving & departing, or assuming it is the same person?

pseudoswede

• Airline Manager
  • Play to win, not imitate.
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: December 10, 2007, 03:18:45 pm
Quote from: "empedocles"

For pax, are you adding together arriving & departing, or assuming it is the same person?

Add the numbers together.

Planet Express Airways
Member of the FT Alliance
ID: 3446

Opinions expressed in my posts are suggestions to achieve maximum airline value and top rankings.
If you do not wish for either, then feel free to ignore.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk