Airline Mogul Forum

Stop the Undercutters, start the CAB!

mproger@gmail.com

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: October 24, 2007, 07:23:16 pm
let's be honest... this is 1950 people (okay 1951 by the time you read it)
you think the airways were "open", you think "competition" existed.  

HECK NO!  Bring back the CAB - they will set route frequencies and prices!

(and if you want to fly from LAX to NYC and you don't have a CAB approved slot, too bad - you are out)

:roll:

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: October 24, 2007, 07:27:27 pm
:roll:

You think we admins are dumb enough to get ourselves 24 hour-worth of work every single day for the coming 108 days? :lol:

If we use a computer program to approve slots, we are doing it already (just that we approve 100% of the flights :wink: )
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

LOT 737-300

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: October 24, 2007, 07:32:48 pm
Oh boy, why not also limit all the airlines per country, East Germany, Soviet Union, Poland, Czechslovakia, Hungary, Bulgaria, Yugoslavia to only 1 per country, seeing that the bearaucratic gov'ts at the time discouraged free enterprise. And for the US, only 2 airlines will be allowed to operate international routes from there, everyone else will operate between the coasts.  :roll:

Undercutting is part of the game, you probebly do it too when you enter a route with competition so you can make maximum profit. There is a price floor of 1 Euro, eventually, if the undercutters get sick of the game, they might leave and get deleted later.

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: October 24, 2007, 07:34:59 pm
With near 2000 active users, do you see user limitation being implemented sucessfully without issues?
D Express (id 616) 8)

LOT 737-300

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: October 24, 2007, 07:37:27 pm
Quote from: "dktc"
With near 2000 active users, do you see user limitation being implemented sucessfully without issues?

Well, that was actually sarcasm (hence the rolleyes smiley.) I don't really think there should be user lmitation in the game, as that wouldn't make any sense, was just pointing out how rl was back in the 50s for airlines.

ALFC

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: October 24, 2007, 07:43:06 pm
i have a far better suggestion, lets give everyone a fixed income of 50m per month and get lottery tickets for 1m each, if you win a certain ticket you get up to 500m more, that way there is no competition, everyone can buy what he wants and there is no undercutting since there is no ticket pricing!!  :roll:  :roll:
LFC - Melmac Spacelines

CMS

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: October 24, 2007, 07:51:23 pm
Quote from: "ALFC"
i have a far better suggestion, lets give everyone a fixed income of 50m per month and get lottery tickets for 1m each, if you win a certain ticket you get up to 500m more, that way there is no competition, everyone can buy what he wants and there is no undercutting since there is no ticket pricing!!  :roll:  :roll:

I see you've been reading comrade Stalins book on Air Travel.  very good read.   We will teach those Counterrevolutionary pig-dogs! :wink:

Christopher
ankee Airways (YAW):6271
Winning service sense 1865

Scandalian Airlines

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: October 24, 2007, 08:23:52 pm
Quote from: "ALFC"

Mmm, and make sure you can't buy too many 0.5 lottery tickets  :twisted:  :wink:
img]http://www.lsn.se/televisionset/ScandalianAnimated.gif[/img]
Your skyrocket to elsewhere

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: October 24, 2007, 08:30:19 pm
CAB? Criminal Assets Bureau?  :P

http://www.garda.ie/angarda/cab.html
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

mproger@gmail.com

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: October 24, 2007, 08:41:22 pm
Quote from: "StephenM"

stephen - i know you are probably making a joke, but on the off chance that you didn't catch the reference ( i mean you are irish so why should you care about american airline history)
here's the cab i'm talking about

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civil_Aeronautics_Board#Civil_Aeronautics_Authority

i want to be the only airline with rights to fly  LAX-HNL, LAX-NRT, LAX-SFO, LAX-SAN

I will share the following rights with other airlines (max 2 other airlines) LAX-JFK, LAX-LGA, LGA-DCA, LGA-BOS, JFK-LHR

thank you!

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: October 24, 2007, 08:47:45 pm
Quote from: "mproger@gmail.com"
i want to be the only airline with rights to fly  LAX-HNL, LAX-NRT, LAX-SFO, LAX-SAN

I will share the following rights with other airlines (max 2 other airlines) LAX-JFK, LAX-LGA, LGA-DCA, LGA-BOS, JFK-LHR

thank you!

On behalf of the membership department / the AM-CAB, I hereby deny your petition to operate the above stated routes. You have 2 days to cease operations on the above mentioned routes or you will face serious penalty.
D Express (id 616) 8)

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: October 24, 2007, 08:49:50 pm
As you saw there, CAB for me is a sub-divison of the Irish police force. I didn't fully get what you were pointing to. Thanks for clearing that up!
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

Armygrognard

Reply #12 on: October 24, 2007, 08:53:10 pm
Quote from: "StephenM"

stephen - i know you are probably making a joke, but on the off chance that you didn't catch the reference ( i mean you are irish so why should you care about american airline history)
here's the cab i'm talking about

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civil_Aeronautics_Board#Civil_Aeronautics_Authority

thank you!

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

The undead laugh at you.

mproger@gmail.com

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: October 24, 2007, 10:14:23 pm
Quote from: "dktc"

thank you!

On behalf of the membership department / the AM-CAB, I hereby deny your petition to operate the above stated routes. You have 2 days to cease operations on the above mentioned routes or you will face serious penalty.

fare enough.  can i get SUX-MCI
(souix falls to kansas city)?

andylawrence

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: October 24, 2007, 10:37:55 pm
Hmmm Well if we do this CAB thing, since we are Pan American World Airways, we'd like all you people with the exception of TWA to cease any international routes out of the US.  Now I'd also like my subsidies for flights to japan, my military contracts to Europe and my subsidies for Boeing aircraft.  I'll wait patiently now, but I wont hold my breath. :lol:
img]http://www.airlinemogul.com/airlinelogos/panambs.png[/img]
Airline ID 140

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk