Airline Mogul Forum

Anything to be done about Under Cutters

JasonH · 18 · 2996

JasonH

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: October 24, 2007, 02:36:03 pm
I've got flights that could make atleast 30k bringing in only 5-9k... is there gonna be anything done about these *rebels* brining a price from 600 to 50-90 dollars?  This is *rebellious*, and I've herd this was never a problem before.

*edited by dktc: language*

JM1878

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: October 24, 2007, 02:38:54 pm
I dont quite understand what could be done....We are all free to set whatever prices we want - if they want to run making little or no profit thats up to them. You need to either ride the storm or redistribute your resources to get a better yield.
nion Air (ID 4809)

Jps

• Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: October 24, 2007, 02:39:19 pm
... :roll:  Please see the other thread(s) that complained about the same thing that is posted today

ID: 5000 ~ Flying Beyond The Stars

Boho

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: October 24, 2007, 03:03:53 pm
Match his prices or move your planes to other routes.

Pretty much your only options.
img]http://www.boho.ca/images/pics/bohoairsig.jpg[/img]

pTr

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: October 24, 2007, 03:46:28 pm
good.. whats up with people using offensive languages
img]http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff56/ptrshih/shanghaiyt3.gif[/img]

Shanghai Airlines ID:655

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: October 24, 2007, 04:01:39 pm
Quote from: "pTr"
good.. whats up with people using offensive languages

Dealt with. Seems like the blue game tendency is showing up here. :?
Maybe it is because we start using so many blues? :?  We need more PINK :P
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

pTr

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: October 24, 2007, 07:06:02 pm
i meant to type god...
img]http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff56/ptrshih/shanghaiyt3.gif[/img]

Shanghai Airlines ID:655

RON

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: October 24, 2007, 07:24:23 pm
keep your profit from other routes

a single route won't matter

you can stay in the route to play with those under-cutters or quit the route

the purpose of under-cutters is to drive out competition, so I ill never quit a route that have undercutters
cando-Italian Air

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: October 24, 2007, 08:17:48 pm
There are 4 million route possibilities. Dont tell me you cannot find one thats free?  :wink:
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

Armygrognard

Reply #9 on: October 24, 2007, 08:46:05 pm
Quote from: "JasonH"
I've got flights that could make atleast 30k bringing in only 5-9k... is there gonna be anything done about these *rebels* brining a price from 600 to 50-90 dollars?  This is *rebellious*, and I've herd this was never a problem before.

*edited by dktc: language*

Ya know, a lot of you guys complaining about this have played the game for less than a week.  Deal with it.  We all face the same issues and seem to be able to handle it.  Change routes.  Move to a different city.  Or dig in and fight.

But please!  Stop complaining about competition!   :roll:

Pepperjack

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: October 24, 2007, 08:59:18 pm
I will agree that I didn't see these problems last round. I never had anyone do a $1 route and multiple frequencies but I've gotten it multiple times this time.

Just deal with it and move to another route. Or match their price and stay. They're trying to get people to leave the route or they're just being jerks.

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: October 24, 2007, 09:27:37 pm
Quote from: "Pepperjack"
I will agree that I didn't see these problems last round. I never had anyone do a $1 route and multiple frequencies but I've gotten it multiple times this time.

Just deal with it and move to another route. Or match their price and stay. They're trying to get people to leave the route or they're just being jerks.

Actually last round was worse.
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

Air Klymaxia

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: October 24, 2007, 09:56:06 pm
I run into the same problem... I usually try changing frequencies to get out of the price war, but if that doesn't work, then I'll purchase an aircraft that holds the amount of people I'm flying on the current aircraft.

So, if everytime I log in, that route has a 50% load and the aircraft holds 40 passengers, I'll redeploy a 20 passenger aircraft in its place.  I haven't actually tried this yet, but in theory, it makes sense. :o

LOT 737-300

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: October 24, 2007, 10:27:18 pm
I think you can think of it like the actual US majors probebly do, "everyday your airline is in the black is a good day." I was once undercut by competition last round, the guy charged 20 Euros on a route, I found that I can still efficently and very well make a good profit when I charged 120 Euros after he undercut me. If you can't pull out of it, and can't afford to stay on that route, then just pull out and look for a new city, even the towns whose pax numbers are in the lower 100Ks and 16Ks will make you a good amount, though nothing insanly large.

Mjolnir

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: October 24, 2007, 11:26:50 pm
I think one thing that nobody has mentioned is experience in the game.

I started playing late in the last age, and I was one of those miserable $1 undercutters everybody hates.

After my experience last RL month, and some time to reflect on my "game", I've changed the way I do business. I still won't leave a route I'm on, but I'm much less aggressive about running 100% capacity and maximizing each routes profit.

It appears (to me) that I spend less time chiseling for $500 on a flight. I enjoy my time here more, and I hope that my new method enhances other's playing time.

What I'm trying to say is that you can't do anything about undercutters any more than Delta can with Southwest, so either accept that as a fact of life, change your business model, or utilize Cornfields rule.
 know sweet FA about planes.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk