Route Closing

Rob Hirst

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: October 24, 2007, 01:00:53 pm
ID5018
Aircraft ID8783
Route Lyon - Birmingham (UK)

Won't close. Tried checking tick box too as advised on previous thread. System tells me it has been closed successfully but it's still showing in my route list.

Rob

Air Elbonia

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: October 25, 2007, 12:13:38 am
found it. fixed it. (it was redirecting too fast to show the failure error. i removed the redirection at least temporarily).

the problem here is that your aircraft here managed to break the close route script... i really need to update that to a little tighter level of security as it were.  When there's about 7 routes on a plane there is a chance that the script will allow a route to close that should not be closed, in this case, whichever route was bridging the two hubs together (either directly, or through a secondary city).

Now, upon your request i can close some routes for you manually, or (if you prefer to fix it on your own time, and don't mind some work involved) you may wish to just close all the routes the plane is on and recreate them.  the close-planes-routes script is not as intelligent (because it needn't be. all the plane's routes are being closed.)
Air Elbonia, First in Time Travel since 2073!  (AEB ID in Game: 333)

Evanescent

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: October 26, 2007, 01:44:34 am
I still can't close any of my Martin 4-0-4 routes. (ID 996)

If its easier for you, and you want to close them all for me, thats ok by me!
img]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff296/Shrewflite/Evanescent50.gif[/img]

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: October 26, 2007, 02:21:28 am
Actually, if you want them all closed, just go to the plane and click close all routes. It works.

The reason why you can't close the routes on Martin 4-0-4's in the route page is because the system somehow think the routes are the only connection between flights... which is not true. Hoep this would have AEB sort this out.
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk