Airline Mogul Forum

Reminder: Alliance related posts

dktc · 10 · 6543

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
on: October 21, 2007, 03:28:05 am
All alliance related posts should be kept within this thread and the forum of the alliances, if any. No active recruitment effort is allowed out of this thread, which is dedicated for alliance issues. PM / emailing random, uninterested players actively (as defined by you sending out an recruitment email first, as oppose to someone contacting you / publicly expressing interest in joining an alliance) is prohibited. Please respect the personal space of our users, and stop annoying the heck out of them.

If the admin team receive any complaints about you spamming users with alliance recruitment pm/emails, you and your alliance risk facing disciplinary actions.
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: October 21, 2007, 02:18:13 pm
Oh... and no double posting please. Stick to one post. And if you need to have a topic locked, just holler.
D Express (id 616) 8)

Armygrognard

Reply #2 on: November 07, 2007, 09:27:13 pm
Quote from: "dktc"
Oh... and no double posting please. Stick to one post. And if you need to have a topic locked, just holler.

Dude.  You double-posted.   :roll:

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: November 11, 2007, 08:39:31 pm
Quote from: "Armygrognard"
Quote from: "dktc"

Dude.  You double-posted.   :roll:

I mean double-topic... not double posts in one topic :roll:
D Express (id 616) 8)

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: January 27, 2008, 03:57:14 am
*bump*

Just a reminder... this (as stated) includes in-game PM. Stop spamming. And if you are wise, pay attention to who the admins are, and do NOT spam them :roll:
D Express (id 616) 8)

MrOrange

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: April 03, 2008, 04:20:26 pm
Alliance CEO's, please note the following:

If you want your thread cleaned out (all but the first post deleted) or entirely deleted to create a new one, please contact an admin via PM. It is not allowed to post a new topic while the old one still exists. This policy is in place to keep the forums clean.

AytchMan

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: May 26, 2008, 09:55:08 am
Question:  is there any acceptable method of contacting prospective members for an alliance that does not constitute spamming?  How do the invitation-only alliances recruit their members?
Pan-Galactic Universal -- Setting the Standard for Utter Futility

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: May 26, 2008, 04:53:11 pm
Quote from: "AytchMan"
Question:  is there any acceptable method of contacting prospective members for an alliance that does not constitute spamming?  How do the invitation-only alliances recruit their members?

An acceptable way is this forum. You could contact anyone that has shown interest in joining an alliance before you contact them. You could keep advertising and wait for people to contact you first. And ofc, you could take your own risk and spam people... but you could face penalty by doing so.

Invite only alliances usually start out as a group of real life / online friends with other means of communication.
D Express (id 616) 8)

wishfulanthony

• Airline Operative
  • Owner of Volcano Airways
    • View Profile
    • My personal blog
Reply #8 on: September 20, 2009, 07:01:31 pm
Quick question: I am a startup airline with a developed network with a sizable fleet, and I am interested in joining an alliance. Do I post my alliance question in this forum, or do I post it somewhere else because I want to ask that any interested group that wants me to become a member will have a chance to place me into their group (say, OneWorld or STARlite telling me that you're good to be in our group, for example)?

ID no. is 30954 at Airline Mogul
Proud owner of

ID: 30954 · Owned Private Worlds 1596, 1757, 1936, and 2180 · Sojourner Dream · Need help on AM? Read my guides here

CHR

• Brokers
  • Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: September 21, 2009, 09:29:16 am
Feel free to create a new topic asking to see if any one is interested. If you look back, there are a few. Just a few things to consider:

Firstly, representatives of the alliances may not read your post. You will likely get a better response if you apply through their applications method (be it posting in the forum, PMing someone etc.). You can inquire to a number of alliances. Look at their rules to see if you are suitable.

Secondly, if you are applying/posting your own topic, you should include all the relevant information - fleet, hubs, prior experience with alliances, plans for the future.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk