Airline Mogul Forum

New to Here, but found an abuse

michaelmo

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: October 19, 2007, 04:30:25 am
Hi Everyone, I'm the player of China Southeast Airlines.

The airline is growing, but still find some people abusing the game so.
Like  using 1 buck to fly between somewhere

Of course, I don't mind if he has that much cash to burn but what I concerned most is abuse of multiple accounts.
By using a cheap airline(shade account) to boost the real airline in running, is it possible to deal with?

BTW, hope to join an alliance someday and happy gaming for everyone.

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: October 19, 2007, 04:31:18 am
The $1 routes are technically legal.

We deal with multiple accounts all the time. Just email the suspicious accounts to <staff@airlinemogul.com> and we would investigate them.
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

Norfolk International Air

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: October 19, 2007, 04:57:44 am
Quote from: "dktc"

Why is it?  :?

Jps

• Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: October 19, 2007, 05:03:33 am
Quote from: "Norfolk International Air"

It just is..
 :lol:  It still follows AM's rules

ID: 5000 ~ Flying Beyond The Stars

Norfolk International Air

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: October 19, 2007, 05:05:57 am
Dont go sniffing round my airline now, we play fair unlike the sharks from across the English channel.  :lol:  :lol:

Air Elbonia

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: October 19, 2007, 05:10:17 am

there has to be some bottom.  i don't see why i should make it any higher, and i'm not leaving it at 0, and there's no way i'm letting it do negative ticket fares.  technically the highest fare you can charge is 99,999.99 euros, but you'll have nobody on your plane.
Air Elbonia, First in Time Travel since 2073!  (AEB ID in Game: 333)

blastpast

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: October 19, 2007, 06:11:20 am
i still dont get why there's not some way you can restrict this. i know i've had ideas before that have been shot down left and right. but why can't there be a minimum, different per aircraft, that could be charged per seat. idc if it's 20 bucks, as yes i've been told a million times, that's competition for ya. but, still, you shouldnt be able to get bored with the game and set your routes at 100 euro net profit each, so you're not losing but not gaining money (although you would be losing some money because that couldnt cover gate costs) and then they stop playing the game. or check it once or twice a real month. not right in my mind. i'm just saying this, but i'm sure no one will ever put any of my ideas in the game. not saying they wouldnt read them though.  :roll:

Jps

• Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: October 19, 2007, 06:14:28 am
Quote from: "blastpast"
i still dont get why there's not some way you can restrict this. i know i've had ideas before that have been shot down left and right. but why can't there be a minimum, different per aircraft, that could be charged per seat. idc if it's 20 bucks, as yes i've been told a million times, that's competition for ya. but, still, you shouldnt be able to get bored with the game and set your routes at 100 euro net profit each, so you're not losing but not gaining money (although you would be losing some money because that couldnt cover gate costs) and then they stop playing the game. or check it once or twice a real month. not right in my mind. i'm just saying this, but i'm sure no one will ever put any of my ideas in the game. not saying they wouldnt read them though.  :roll:

Please go see.. New York JFK to New York LaGuardia.. last round  :lol:

You'll see why

ID: 5000 ~ Flying Beyond The Stars

blastpast

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: October 19, 2007, 06:23:47 am
dont know how to check that

ALFC

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: October 19, 2007, 11:28:31 am
believe it or not, but i made a profit of over 100k on a route where the price was under 10 last round, there is always a way to make a living in this game.
1€ fares are also a trademark of LCC, so whats the problem, someone either has a damn good plan or he can afford to fly that cheap AND make money
LFC - Melmac Spacelines

LOT 737-300

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: October 19, 2007, 12:49:00 pm
Quote from: "ALFC"
believe it or not, but i made a profit of over 100k on a route where the price was under 10 last round, there is always a way to make a living in this game.
1€ fares are also a trademark of LCC, so whats the problem, someone either has a damn good plan or he can afford to fly that cheap AND make money

Well, LFC (Low Fare Carrier), like Ryanair is known to be. LCC (like JetBlue or Southwest) would be the airline keeping the airline's costs down. I've had to do low fare flying a few times last round too and made a very good profit from doing so. This round, planes are smaller, so this won't go through. But I think restricting fares to 1 Euro minimum is good enough for most who play the game. It sorta is in the life cycle of the route, which goes like this:
-Big money making route
-a few enter, price goes under 100 Euro
-many enter, goes below 50 Euro
-One player decides to flush out the route, charges 1 Euro
-Many supposidly leave the route for the time.
-Prices go back up.
-Cycle restarts.

I'm personally suprised that the cycle is starting so early, my experiance has been that they come later, but that was from a certain game that many had grown tired of for many reasons.

Rob Hirst

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: October 19, 2007, 08:34:25 pm
Leave the fare system as it is. If this guy want to sell at £! (don't have a euro sign) let him, just like real life. Yesterday I booke two return tickets on Ryanair. EMA-Berlin @ 1p each way...fair does!!

Rob

CornField

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: October 19, 2007, 10:42:49 pm
Quote from: "LOT 737-300"
Quote from: "ALFC"

Well, LFC (Low Fare Carrier), like Ryanair is known to be. LCC (like JetBlue or Southwest) would be the airline keeping the airline's costs down. I've had to do low fare flying a few times last round too and made a very good profit from doing so. This round, planes are smaller, so this won't go through. But I think restricting fares to 1 Euro minimum is good enough for most who play the game. It sorta is in the life cycle of the route, which goes like this:
-Big money making route
-a few enter, price goes under 100 Euro
-many enter, goes below 50 Euro
-One player decides to flush out the route, charges 1 Euro
-Many supposidly leave the route for the time.
-Prices go back up.
-Cycle restarts.

I'm personally suprised that the cycle is starting so early, my experiance has been that they come later, but that was from a certain game that many had grown tired of for many reasons.

Calling either Jet Blue or Southwest an LCC is really a mis-nomer.  The truth is other than fuel hedging Southwests costs really aren't any lower than most of the traditional 'legacy' airlines.  In fact SouthWest has some of the highest crew costs in the airline industry.   Jet Blue, gets a huge effect currently from its warranty maintence cost advantage.  Airbus and Embraer pick up HUGE portions of their maintence budgets because of their contracts.

They are high-efficiency carriers and their individual managements are VERY good at what they do.  Which at the end of the day is lead them to consistent profits.

If you want to talk low fares, you left out Valu-Tran.  Low fare, no frills, ragged employees.

Your  Favorite Hometown Airline

Blue Sky Mine

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: October 20, 2007, 08:41:46 am
Dont go sniffing round my airline now, we play fair unlike the sharks from across the English channel.  :lol:  :lol:

Careful... we've already invaded your island...
Oh bugger, you've invaded us too. D'oh!
EO Blue Sky Mine (XAI), ID 2041

Mein Maserati fährt 210,
Schwupp, die Polizei hat´s nicht geseh´n,
das macht Spaß!
Ich geb Gas, ich geb Gas

AirTilly

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: October 22, 2007, 10:01:56 pm
Introduce a Carbon Tax per plane :)

People can only afford to run at a loss till the money runs outs.

Mind you, the rich ones can run out the poor :(

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk