Airline Mogul Forum

My planes are being sold out from under me

gleff

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: October 16, 2007, 02:38:11 am
I purchased a Bellanca Cruiser via brokerage request on 24/1/1950.  Set up routes, it was flying, I didn't list it for sale.  But then it was gone from my account, and it appears to have been sold on 3/4/1950.

I purchased a new DC-3 on 14/2/1950 via brokerage request.  It arrived in my account and is somehow flying routes that the Bellanca Cruiser had been assigned to, though I never set the plane up to do any flying.  Under 'View & Buy' this DC-3 shows as for sale (broker).  

How do I stop the sale of my planes?

Thanks for any help.

Air Elbonia

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: October 16, 2007, 02:56:51 am
if you fulfill a brokerage request, you're financing another person's finance for the associated markup as a profit.  the only way you can retain the plane is if they fail to purchase it off of you after 3 game months (72 hours).

There was a mild bug (to put it tamely) which affected all the aircraft in the game between feb-march changeover.  all aircraft were erroneously delivered and restored to normal service. likely, the plane that was sold out from under you was a result of this bug (sorry).  now, the latter part. a plane on routes you didn't assign... that's an interesting one. message me the aircraft id and i'll look into it.

i'll need your user id as well.
Air Elbonia, First in Time Travel since 2073!  (AEB ID in Game: 333)

Kontio

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: October 16, 2007, 09:48:44 am
I think that many new players are confused by the brokering system, and the difference between accepting and requesting a brokerage deal. They want to buy aircraft, go to "Aircraft market" and "Broker requests", see that there are good deals on the list, click "View" and "Accept a brokerage deal". At no stage are they warned that they are not buying the aircraft for themselves, but rather lending money to a competitor (usually at very low interest), which is not usually a wise business move for a new airline. I think you should add a warning at "Please confirm acceptance of the following brokerage deal", which would clearly state that you are about to fund an aircraft order for someone else.

EDIT: Read in an earlier post that you Air Elbonia had already figured this out  :wink:
URL=http://www.aijaa.com/v.php?i=1113577.jpg][/URL]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk