Airline Mogul Forum

Broker Role is not Right

luv2spot

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: October 12, 2007, 12:30:14 pm
Am I the only one that sees a conflict of interest for the brokers?

You are either a broker or a flight service not both.

This double dipping is a serious flaw that needs to be rectified.  So am I alone in this train of though?

Max2147

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: October 12, 2007, 12:34:26 pm
http://www.stephenm.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2300&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

We've been discussing it there already.  I agree with you for the most part, and if you join the discussion there maybe we can help work out a different solution.
lying Badger Airlines

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: October 12, 2007, 12:48:54 pm
Stephen doesn't want to restrict airlines from being able to sell planes if that answer your concerns.

Oh and it is unfair for official brokers to receive all those crappy planes from the middle of the round towards the end. So yes, there is definitely a conflict of interest, as in you all wants an upper hand all through the round, with other non-paid players helping you out.
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: October 12, 2007, 01:37:17 pm
I've said it many times in private discussions that I dont want brokers having airlines. I think they should only be brokering if they are brokers.
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

luv2spot

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: October 12, 2007, 01:56:02 pm
Stephen, I'm glad to hear you feel that way.  Perhaps the brokers should be automated players and not actual 'people'.  Is this feasible?

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: October 12, 2007, 04:49:20 pm
Quote from: "luv2spot"
Stephen, I'm glad to hear you feel that way.  Perhaps the brokers should be automated players and not actual 'people'.  Is this feasible?

It could be, but might be a bit difficult to do.
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: October 12, 2007, 04:58:17 pm
Quote from: "StephenM"
Quote from: "luv2spot"

It could be, but might be a bit difficult to do.

Draft out a workable concept first. So far, every draft has been shot down because of financial difficulties.
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

Jps

• Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: October 13, 2007, 07:22:24 am
Brokers get the advantage at first.. but after while...

Brokers sell planes at 50% of the value to customers..

Then Green sells them  :D .. COLD HARD CASH $$$

:D

ID: 5000 ~ Flying Beyond The Stars

marcelvinicius

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: October 13, 2007, 03:33:33 pm
the brokers should not have an airline... but if they insist to have it, there should be another ranking for then, or, at least, an indication that someone is a broker, because if the raking is based in the airline value, the normal players will never have the airline value that brokers have......

Jps

• Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: October 13, 2007, 03:35:49 pm
Quote from: "marcelvinicius"
the brokers should not have an airline... but if they insist to have it, there should be another ranking for then, or, at least, an indication that someone is a broker, because if the raking is based in the airline value, the normal players will never have the airline value that brokers have......

You complain too much.. they dont get much profit anyways.

-they give better prices for both buys and leases

Without out them you'll see how hard it is... dont be ignorant..

By the way.. Doramon Kfai Imperial.. (that's all i could remember but there's about 10 more) have beated the brokers..

marcelvinicius

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: October 13, 2007, 04:45:12 pm
I am only suggesting that should exist an indication (at the ranking) about who is broker or not, as the ranking consist in airline value...

Armygrognard

Reply #11 on: October 13, 2007, 04:49:09 pm
I am only suggesting that should exist an indication (at the ranking) about who is broker or not, as the ranking consist in airline value...

You've been in the game what, two days?  Try it, play it and withold your judgements until you've played abit, ok?

Jps

• Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: October 13, 2007, 04:49:27 pm

If your smart enough.. you should check the forums

pTr

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: October 13, 2007, 05:16:31 pm
well.. what about... lets say... for example... if you buy 50 planes at once.. you get 10% off, 100 planes at once, 15% off.. this way everyone could be a broker.. something like that... just a suggestion... we're all open to suggestions aren't we? ha..
img]http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff56/ptrshih/shanghaiyt3.gif[/img]

Shanghai Airlines ID:655

MrOrange

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: October 13, 2007, 05:59:34 pm
Look, the point is, us brokers don't make enough money to properly start up from scratch using our brokerage income only. For now, we absolutely need the airline income to get anywhere. Only when we are allowed to start up with more funds, I'll think about closing the airline. I'll close it ASAP anyway, because otherwise the brokerage would take too much time.

All official brokers (all 4 of 'em) have their own thread in the A/Z of the Brokerage forum.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk