Still unprove no problems occur, may be a waste time Reset
img]http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc312/cetus1010/icanflyasisa.gif[/img]

pseudoswede

• Airline Manager
  • Play to win, not imitate.
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: October 12, 2007, 12:05:43 am
Okay.

For the first 24 hours of this game, your DOP means nothing. This time is for everyone to set up their bases, create their routes, and establish a DOP. In approximately 22 hours, your DOP will start counting, and your airline cash will increase (or decrease if your DOP is negative).

Planet Express Airways
Member of the FT Alliance
ID: 3446

Opinions expressed in my posts are suggestions to achieve maximum airline value and top rankings.
If you do not wish for either, then feel free to ignore.

icanfly

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: October 12, 2007, 12:09:47 am
I think you don;t understand our questions
No DOP, no money in increase base and test the calculations and functions in appropriate
after 24 hours, all players setting okay and ...touchwood , calculation errors, so...you know what happen???
why not test it , and restart after 24 hours to be real?

icanfly

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: October 12, 2007, 12:13:31 am
Because of last time bad experience waste almost 12 hours, you know after 24 hours and know ...o...problems again, what do you think the players still have confidence and PATIENCE, I don't hope it will waste your energy in developing that

rocketboy

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: October 12, 2007, 12:25:14 am
First, its a game and its free.

Second, its a GAME.

Chill.
URL=http://imageshack.us][/URL]

Dora

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: October 12, 2007, 12:30:40 am
They are working hard on the hugs. Why not give more time for them?
And what I can see is you who is impatient about the testing.
If anyone don't have patience and see it as a waste of time, then you can do other things.
There are many things in the world more important than AM.
Just don't know why you are impatient? :)
Doraemon Airlines (id 849)

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: October 12, 2007, 12:41:55 am
According to Dora, we are working hard on hugs... so... you want one, icanfly? :lol:

Seriously though, as I have explained in a thread in respond to your similar question 55 minutes before you post this topic, that was not a dry run.
http://stephenm.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=17893#17893
You don't need to post the same question / rant 3 times to get noticed in this forum.

If you don't understand what I am saying, basically...
1. It was not meant to be a test
2. thus, it was meant to be the serious start of the new round
3. because it was a serious start, we gave players all around the world a fair start, with 24 hours cushion before the game starts running
4. during that cushion, we found too many bugs, resulting in unfair game play.
5. because of the possible unfair gameplay resulting from the bugs, we solved the bugs, and reset again

Please let me know if you want the above translated to your mother-tougue (and name that language if you want the translation). We would do as much as we could to help our players understand, within a certain limit.
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

UAT

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: October 12, 2007, 03:29:36 am
I think he means why not go live for 24hrs then reset so we can find in game bugs after the frozen state has passed
UDE
ID: 2870

Air Elbonia

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: October 12, 2007, 03:36:22 am
The only extensive modification to the hrly script (which was the holdup from my end of coding) was the addition of autoreturn of leases. the rest of the hourly script was untouched, thereby, the bug-free nature of it from last age is vicariously continued.  I successfully ran the hourly script numerous times in trying to test out the bugs from auto-return of leases.

The two bugs i kept encountering were: 1. i accidently inverted two numbers i was putting into a formula (thereby preventing it from working). This was definitively fixed. 2. Messages were hung up by certain airline names, this was fixed the last time i saw.

Keep in mind i was, at the time of the testing, using the 12,500~ aircraft that were at the end of their leases to test this out.  They were on around a cumulative 40,000 routes.  It appeared all the appropriate messages were generated (3mo-lessee, 1mo-lessee, returned-both parties), and that the appropriate routes were closed and aircraft were returned.  The delayed start was tested out thoroughly, and is working just fine (as proved by the "days" ticking down to the start of normal play).

All efforts are taken to minimize bugs before any script goes live, but being bugs and very tiny little things, some get through the gaps.  Unfortunately in this case big enough ones made it in that we had to re-reset 12 hours in, but i have a good feeling about the rest of this age.
Air Elbonia, First in Time Travel since 2073!  (AEB ID in Game: 333)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk